Report: Lions to Deal Shaun Rogers "Within the Next Week'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Lions to Deal Shaun Rogers "Within the Next Week'

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Lions will trade DT Shaun Rogers within the next week.

Trades can't be executed until the free agency period begins on February 29. Schefter says at least four teams have shown strong interest in Rogers, whose skill set compares favorably to both Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis. Rogers has his ups and downs, but most premier interior linemen do. The Lions should be able to get at least a second-round pick for the 28-year-old. Feb. 22 - 7:24 pm et

At least a 2nd round pick . . . I'd do it.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Who do you think are the potential takers??? Denver, Tampa Bay, Oakland, and possibly the Saints are teams that come to mind

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        Who do you think are the potential takers??? Denver, Tampa Bay, Oakland, and possibly the Saints are teams that come to mind
        I think I heard the Jets might want him also and that maybe they could work out some deal with Rodgers-Vilma involved. Not 100% sure tho.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          Lets not forget teams like Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, and Cinci, and other teams that are in the Glen Dorsey/ Sedrick Ellis Sweepstakes.
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I'd like to see him in a Rams uniform!! How old is Rogers?

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

Originally posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
              I'd like to see him in a Rams uniform!! How old is Rogers?
              He turns 29 in March.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I'm a little sad to see him leave. I'll miss seeing the Packers get 5 yards up the middle on a bunch of plays simply because he doesn't care enough to try.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                  I think I heard the Jets might want him also and that maybe they could work out some deal with Rodgers-Vilma involved. Not 100% sure tho.
                  Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                  Lets not forget teams like Miami, Oakland, Atlanta, and Cinci, and other teams that are in the Glen Dorsey/ Sedrick Ellis Sweepstakes.
                  Cross off NY, Miami, and Cincinnati. He can not play in a 3-4. He has the size and physical tools to do it, but that's not the problem. If he was lazy and unmotivated in Detroit going to a 3-4 is only going to make it worse. When he's getting sacks and making plays that's when he gets motivated and plays hard. When he's stopped or the team's losing he just gives up on plays and half asses it. Against Denver he went off for a monster game and then against Green Bay he was just a body that stood there and let our subpar guards destroy him. If he goes to a 3-4 that's not going to fly. Not that it should have in Detroit, but it's that much more of a problem for a 3-4. Also he wouldn't be getting sacks, making plays, or getting the attention he wants. Playing DL in a 3-4 is as far from a glory position as you can get. The main job is to hold blockers off of the rest of the defense. Rogers wouldn't enjoy that which would make him very ineffective.

Atlanta can be crossed off as well. They are clearing their roster of headcases not adding more. I think New Orleans is the most likely destination. You'll probably trade him for a couple draft picks which Millen will throw down the toilet.

Comment

gb12 - cincy doesn't play a 3-4. unless they have made an announcement of late that i don't know about.

and a 2nd rounder? That would be far, far better than i expected in value.

Comment

Zimmer has stated that even if the Bengals don't convert to a 3-4, they'll have some 3-4 hybrid looks/plays this season.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Thank you Adam Schefter for giving us Lions fans the best news we've heard in a long while...

Comment

Let's see what the Lions are able to get, that 2nd round pick mentioned is rather generous imo - especially in a great Draft class as this year's.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Great news.. a 2nd Rounder for Shaun Rogers would be great. I think he'll go to a 'winning' team.. Maybe they'll feel he just needs to win to be motivated. Saints could be that team..
                            Last edited by WMD; 02-23-2008, 03:59 AM.

Comment

If I were in charge I would give you the Saints 2nd rounder for him, but maybe get a late round pick along with him in return :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information