Jonathan Vilma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Vilma

Coach Rod Marinelli acknowledged at the NFL Combine that the Lions have interest in Jonathan Vilma.

The Jets have given Vilma, 25, permission to seek a trade. "He's a heck of a player," Marinelli said. Vilma would likely work well as a middle linebacker in Marinell's Tampa 2 scheme

That is great news for the Lions. Just imagine E.Sims and Vilma playing along side it other. That's scary for opposing teams.

If you could post a link that would be great.

Anyways this is good news. Now I've heard that Shaun Rogers value is anyway from a fourth rounder to a second rounder. If its more towards a fourth rounder then we should really explore a Rogers-Vilma swap. I've heard it would only take a third to get Vilma here and if thats true we should do it. Yesterday.

If we acquire Vilma for our third rounder then I would want a draft like this.

1st - Harvey, Campbell, Merling
    2nd -Charles Godfrey, Porter, Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
      If you could post a link that would be great.

Anyways this is good news. Now I've heard that Shaun Rogers value is anyway from a fourth rounder to a second rounder. If its more towards a fourth rounder then we should really explore a Rogers-Vilma swap. I've heard it would only take a third to get Vilma here and if thats true we should do it. Yesterday.

If we acquire Vilma for our third rounder then I would want a draft like this.

1st - Harvey, Campbell, Merling
      2nd -Charles Godfrey, Porter, Flowers
      Assuming we still trade roy for a late first, with Vilma in te fold,

1a. Mendenhall
      1b. Flowers
      2. OL or DE

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Grr... Vilma scares me. A serious knee condition that accelerates the wear and breakdown of particles in the knee? I'd rather not.

If he's healthy, he's a stud... but, if he's not, it's a waste.

If we take him, I'd like them to take Harvey in round 1 and ideal Cover 2 CB in round 2.
        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Lions are the current favorites to land Jonathan Vilma.

He would fit beautifully into their defense, who has desperately looking for a middle linebacker all decade. Any deal for Vilma will depend on a physical. He is coming off a serious knee surgery

Comment

I think Vilma still has a lot of ball left in him and would be a great addition for the Lions. They would still have to go DE/CB/OT in the first 2 rounds though unless someone drops where they could pick them up in a later round. If we can get Vilma for a 3rd I would do it.

Originally posted by supermario86
            Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

So... we get Vilma for a 3rd AND then trade Rogers for a 2nd? Is that what we are thinking?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                So... we get Vilma for a 3rd AND then trade Rogers for a 2nd? Is that what we are thinking?
                Although I'd be exstatic with that turn of events does anyone believe that Matt Millen can land that trade?

Why are you looking at me like that? I'm not cake nor am I a draft pick... I have no fear of you.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I'm guessing that Rogers goes for a third, and we get Vilma for a third.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    I'm guessing that Rogers goes for a third, and we get Vilma for a third.
                    i think you guys would have to give up a 2nd round, i would think the saints would give up a 3rd and theres better then yours even the bears to replace Briggs

Comment

this could be a rogers vilma swap straight up

Comment

I remember Millen being very high of Vilma the year he was drafted. I dont have a link for that or anything but i remeber at the time that vilma was high on our big board

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information