X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vilma in Detroit for physical

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...076/1049/rss14

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Vilma And Robertson For Rogers And A 2nd

Comment

Robertson has an 8 million dollar base salary. He better restructure if he's coming here.

I don't like losing a 2nd though if that rumor is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
        Robertson has an 8 million dollar base salary. He better restructure if he's coming here.

I don't like losing a 2nd though if that rumor is true.
        That deal isn't a rumor. Its a pipe dream for Jets fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
          That deal isn't a rumor. Its a pipe dream for Jets fans.

Good. That seemed awfully expensive for Vilma and a player who thus far has been an 8 million dollar bust.

Comment

Sorry, if we're taking back Dewayne Robertson in a deal we won't be giving a 2nd Round pick. He still has about $12 million left on his contract over the next two years and we'll still take the cap hit for getting rid of Rogers (about $7.5 million next year, I think). Robertson has essentially close to zero value in a trade, he'd just be a throw-in.

Comment

We save money overall by trading Rogers. Around 500 K I thinnk.

Comment

As hesitant as I am about Vilma, I'm glad to see him in Detroit. If he's healthy, he'll be a stud and the Vilma-Sims LB group will be great. If not, it'll go down as another Millen ****-up.

I hope he is.
                Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Ill take my chances on Vilma... we all know what he is capable of doing if healthy and if he passes a physical by our doctors i would have to assume that. He could be a huge difference maker on the defense with Sims. That LB core would be amazing. With the signing of smith if we got Vilma thats two quality players weve added already to our defense. This allows us to go heavy on CBs and draft Rogers replacement along with a replacement for rogers (hopefully)

Comment

if we give up a second for a player with injury issues and a freakin' bust, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I'd trade a 3rd for Vilma.. Let's do Rogers/3rd for Vilma/2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        I'd trade a 3rd for Vilma.. Let's do Rogers/3rd for Vilma/2nd
                        That would be awesome.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

This trade needs to happen. I've got my hopes up now. I don't give a rat's ass about his knee problem. A one legged Vilma is three times the player that Paris Lenon wishes he could be.

Comment

Interesting news to hear. The one thing about Vilma, he has one year remaining on his rookie deal - he's a FA after this season. Assuming his knee checks out now, that is.

It can't be stated how much more suited Robertson is for a 4-3 defense, and I think he could be a very good starter for the Lions. A much better veteran presence to have than Rogers anyday.
                            Last edited by Geo; 02-27-2008, 07:27 PM.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              It cant be stated how much more suited Robertson is for a 4-3 defense, and I think he could be a very good starter for the Lions. A much better veteran presence to have than Rogers anyday.
                              His contract scares me...
                              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information