• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vilma to the Saints for Conditional pick

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...ilma-to-Saints

Well that sucks.

Originally posted by supermario86
    Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

So the draft pick isn't even for this year. I wonder how high it is if Vilma gets significant playing time and stays healthy.

Comment

What the hell?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

I have heard its for a conditional 4th next year. This pisses me off more then anything the lions have failed to do in the past. We coulda got a MLB that is probowl worthy when healthy for very slight risk. Hell has Millen even drafted anyone in his entire career that panned out in the 4th to start let alone be a probowler?

Sick to death

Bclion

Comment

I heard on Mike and Mike that is was rumored to be a conditioinal 4th round tht pick. If that is true, what the heck is Millen doing? You can't beat next years 4th?

Perfect move for the Saints. If Vilma is still hurt they don't have to give up as much.

Comment

Oh look... there it is... yeah, that is our hopes plummeting back to earth.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

I still like Jerod Mayo in Round 2. Hope is not lost yet. Who knows what kind of contract Vilma will sign and for how long, and if he will be healthy. The value of the Vilma trade for the Saints will be determined how much Vilma can play next year. If Vilma can't go, the Saints dont' have to pay anything but they still lose by having an injured starting MLB.

I think Vilma would have been a great addition to us obviously but in the end Vilma might not be healthy enough to help us. Sure it is a low risk in terms of the pick we give up, but there is a risk in relying on Vilma to be healthy as a starter and a risk in losing out on potential by not taking a MLB in this years draft.

Comment

I'm a fan of Mayo as well, but it'd be nice to see some effort with this sort of thing. How do you let him get away for a 4th in the 09 draft? Everyone knows what Vilma can do in a 4-3 when healthy, and you let him go to another team for a 4th rd. pick next year? That's just awful.
                Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                  I think Vilma would have been a great addition to us obviously but in the end Vilma might not be healthy enough to help us. Sure it is a low risk in terms of the pick we give up, but there is a risk in relying on Vilma to be healthy as a starter and a risk in losing out on potential by not taking a MLB in this years draft.
                  Good point. But a lot of people are speaking of just waiting for a MLB in next years draft... if we need it. Oh well. Stupid Saints.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Well if we had Vilma we wouldn't be taking a MLB next year either if Vilma was healthy. But who knows how much we would have to pay Vilma. The 4th is only a rumor and that may be if the conditions aren't met. It may very well be a 2nd round pick if Vilma meets all his incentives and playing time. We'll found out pretty soon as more infor comes out on the deal.

Comment

yeah but if Vilma plays so well its a second round pick then it would have been worth it. Millen messed this one up big time but i mean whats new. I just cant wait for the rogers for stroud swap so that i can just tune out the rest of our offseason knowing nothing good will come out of it

Comment

Yeah I agree. It would have been worth it for a 2nd in 09 if Vilma is healthy and returns to probowl form.

We'll just watch the situation from afar and see what Vilma does for the Saints. Could be a Drew Brees situation again. Brees was hurt and then goes to the Saints and plays great. But the Saints had to a good sum for Brees. This is a little risk situation. Damn Martz and his I can make any QB good. You made Kitna slight better but where are the Warner/Bulger TD numbers.

My man crush on Mayo will continue.

Comment

*sigh* We were hoping for him so much.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3270701

Vilma was too good for us.

Millen, you suck!
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Wow only a 4th/3rd rounder.

If we offered the same exact deals, odds are we will have a better pick than the Saints. What were you holding out for Millen. Unless Vilma told the Jets he preferred the Saints.

This move does suck, unless Vilma gets hurt. I hope Vilma the best and I hope he goes to the Pro-Bowl and I hope Millen gets Nancy Kerriganed(yes I used it as a verb) and has to have knee surgery.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information