Not huge news or anything...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not huge news or anything...

but apparently we've signed a Tight End. From John Clayton and the Worldwide Leader-

"The Detroit Lions, shifting from a Mike Martz passing offense to a run-oriented offense, reached a four-year, $10 million agreement with Buffalo Bills tight end Michael Gaines.

Included in the deal is $3 million in guarantees. Gaines started his career as a blocking tight end in Carolina and ended up going to Buffalo, where he developed some of his receiving skills last season.

The Lions hope he can be a 40-catch tight end, but they are counting on him to improve their run blocking.

-- John Clayton, ESPN.com "

Gaines statline from last year: REC 25 | YDS 215 | TD 2

He was cut from Carolina and the Bills signed him during the season. I'm not quite sure what he's done to warrant $10 million over 4 years. Ask Bills fans about him and most didn't seem to think he was very good. Also Buffalo really needs another TE and they didn't resign him, so that should be a red flag right there.

Comment

Dan Campbell, Casey Fitzsimmons, Sean Mchugh, Michael Gaines. Seems like a lot of money for a group of mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        Dan Campbell, Casey Fitzsimmons, Sean Mchugh, Michael Gaines. Seems like a lot of money for a group of mediocrity.
        sure does... But who knows, maybe he'll be decent.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

congrats, Lions Fans. Enjoy him I'm glad he went nowhere in the division let alone anyone in the AFC. I loved Gaines he was a personal favorite, and I now sulk alone

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information