Offseason moves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason moves

I figured i'd start a thread for the moves the lions make coming in the future and discussion of trade possibilities with the lions just cutting verba today and with other cuts and trades in the near future

Brian Simmons anyone?

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

yea i saw that is he a MLB or OLB

Comment

Cut Ross Verba today..

Who'll be cut tomorrow? James Hall, Damien Woody, Marcus Bell... Who else? Kenoy Kennedy maybe? What about a surprise... Josh McCown? They might be sold on Dan O for the backup role.
        Last edited by WMD; 02-28-2007, 11:21 PM.

Comment

McCowns contract is up after this year i dont see them cutting him unless he is lazy and complaining in the lockerrrom. Hopefully we get soem value for hall but if not him and pollard are due bonuses on sat. so they're gone by then. Bell should be soon they cant get any value for him and i think woody is going to be staying until after spring training to see if he shows committment and comes to camp in shape. I'd love for kennedy to be cut but i dont really see it happening this year

Comment

Agree. They'll keep Kennedy (although I wish they'd cut him, draft Meriweather for FS and move Bullocks to SS). I think we NEED to get SOMETHING... ANYTHING for Hall. Woody will stay, and should start by the beginning of the season.

And they won't cut McCown.
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

yes ANYTHING for hall. ill take a 7th rounder for him instead of cutting him. but realistically i think he is worth a 4th rounder, 5th at the worst. if we get a 5th for him, that would mean we have 4 5th round picks, so hopefully use some to trade up or trade for someone else with the pick.

Comment

great trade with denver i really do like it it gets us our back up RB and a RT no more joe thomas talks now and they should be able to focus on D in the draft

Comment

dwayne white is visiting today and curtis is coming in tomorrow. I guess curtis is goin to minneapolis before the lions so lets wait and see on that. Whie is another player who the lions should have a good shot at signing since marinelli use to coach him. And marinelli should be able to know whetehr he wants him or not and if he's able to be able to be an everydown player.

Comment

Lions released Pollard,Tyoka Jackson, and Marcus Bell today. No surprises there. Saved some money too.

Comment

i really like our offseason moves so far

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Dewayne White, How old is he, was he a starter in TB?

Comment

http://spartannation.com/?p=2079

blockbuster deal for the lions coming???

Comment

we can only hope they are able to move down and add some more picks

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                              we can only hope they are able to move down and add some more picks
                              Trading with Arizona seems the most reasonable for both teams, but if for whatever reason they're unwilling who else do you see as being realistic?
                              Washington seems loose with their picks, but I'm not sure who they'd target. CJ with Moss? Minnesota has always been to cheap. They've even been late to the podium a couple of times. Houston, Miami, and Atlanta all need a LT I think. I'm not sure what those teams would have to give up to move that far.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information