Lions Sign Brian Kelly!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions Sign Brian Kelly!

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Lions have reached agreement with free agent cornerback Brian Kelly on a three-year contract. Terms were not disclosed.
    Lions head coach Rod Marinelli lands another former Buccaneer as the team continues its shift towards a Cover Two defense. Kelly, who lost his starting job in Tampa last season, will likely compete with Keith Smith to start opposite Leigh Bodden in a revamped Lions secondary.
    A veteran player... if he's healthy, he'll start. If not, he provides depth and knowledge.

2007: Fernando Bryant, Stanley Wilson, Travis Fisher, Keith Smith, Dovonte Edwards

2008: Leigh Bodden, Brian Kelly, Stanley Wilson, Travis Fisher, Keith Smith

I'll take it.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

I still would LOVE to trade Williams for Sheppard.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Hooray! All is saved! We've got a broken down, old, slow Cornerback!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
        Hooray! All is saved! We've got a broken down, old, slow Cornerback!
        ... that can still start in this league and knows the defense inside and out.

This "broken down, old, slow cornerback" is better than anyone we started last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
          ... that can still start in this league and knows the defense inside and out.

This "broken down, old, slow cornerback" is better than anyone we started last year.
          Who says he can still start in the league? He didn't start for Tampa Bay last year. He's missed 1/4th of the games for the past 2 years due to groin and ankle injuries, as well as Turf toe.

Good for him that he knows the defense inside and out, maybe one day he can be a Tampa 2 coach. He's done as a player and was just looking for one last good contract. We should've just kept Fernando Bryant.
          Last edited by WMD; 03-08-2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Who says he can still start in the league? He didn't start for Tampa Bay last year. He's missed 1/4th of the games for the past 2 years due to groin and ankle injuries, as well as Turf toe.

Good for him that he knows the defense inside and out, maybe one day he can be a Tampa 2 coach. He's done as a player and was just looking for one last good contract. We should've just kept Fernando Bryant.
            Yeah... he didn't start for 2 reasons: they've got a better player, and he had injuries. We don't have better players and, if he isn't injured, is an upgrade over everyone not named "Leigh Bodden".

Comment

Ill take Kelley over starting Wilson or Fisher. But I still think they need to draft a young corner is there in the 2nd or 3rd this year. And I still think Bryant would have been a better number 2.

sig by Pacific

Comment

I was reading some of his stats can someone tell me why he missed so many games the past two seasons?

Comment

Glad to see him on the team. He knows the system and is a good veteran presence. At least it eliminates CB as a round one need.

We still need a talented kid like Flowers or Godfrey, but at least it's not round 1 anymore.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    Glad to see him on the team. He knows the system and is a good veteran presence. At least it eliminates CB as a round one need.

We still need a talented kid like Flowers or Godfrey, but at least it's not round 1 anymore.
                    Exactly.

There are plenty of solid CBs in the draft. I'm welcoming the idea of drafting Stewart at 15 more and more.

Haha... joke... I'd rather have Mendenhall.

Comment

I will vomit all over multiple infants if we draft a Running Back in Round 1.

That is, unless we somehow get an OT, DE, and MLB before the draft... If that happens, I'll welcome Mendenhall with open arms.

Comment

I will vomit all over multiple infants if we draft a Running Back in Round 1.

That is, unless we somehow get an OT, DE, and MLB before the draft... If that happens, I'll welcome Mendenhall with open arms.
                        Would you rather reach on a crappy OT, DE, or MLB instead of drafting Mendenhall if he was there?

sig by Pacific

Comment

And the transition to the Detroit Bay Buccalions continues.

Originally posted by Jakey
                          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                            And the transition to the Detroit Bay Buccalions continues.
                            People keep saying this as if it should be a surprise. Coaches are often interested in past players... they know what to expect, the players understand the system and already have an established relationship.

(Note: this is only the 4th "Marinelli" Buc on the roster.)
                            Last edited by TacticaLion; 03-08-2008, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Trade Roy. Get Lito. Then we can close the book on CB's.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information