Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it 2007? We Renewed our KJ Insurance

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3286104

I had a sneaky supsicion he would be back once Jones/Duckett signed with Seattle.

Say goodbye to a first round running back

Why the **** is Tatum coming back? I would think several healthy scratches would persuade him to go elsewhere but whatever.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

lions resign bell

looks less and less likely they go running back first round

Comment

oh ya beat me to it! yea im really thinking we go d-line with our first pick, kalimba will be gone and i dont think we resign corey smith. Marinelli was rumored to be very interested in gaines adams as well last year

Comment

Sweet... I'm glad.

I also don't think a 1st round RB is out of the question. It's a 1 year deal and KJ will most likely be gone next year. We could use a permanent playmaker at the position.
          Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Martz is gone and KJ is hurt again. Bell has something to prove and will have a huge chip on his shoulder.

Not the best move for all of you wanting RB in the 1st round, but Bell does have some talent, even though Martz didn't think so. It just shows how Marinelli had no control over the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Why the **** is Tatum coming back? I would think several healthy scratches would persuade him to go elsewhere but whatever.
              Umm... he was a healthy scratch because he fell out of favor with Martz. He even said that he'd consider coming back because Martz is gone.

He's a talented RB and I'm glad to have him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post

I had a sneaky supsicion he would be back once Jones/Duckett signed with Seattle.

Say goodbye to a first round running back
                I wouldn't say that so fast. I don't think that a 1 year 1.6 mil contract is saying goodbye to a 1st round RB I don't think that even Millen would tip his hand that much
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                  Umm... he was a healthy scratch because he fell out of favor with Martz. He even said that he'd consider coming back because Martz is gone.

He's a talented RB and I'm glad to have him back.
                  Meh, I don't have a problem with him being back but I don't think it should persuade the Lions to not take a RB early on. I don't really think he's much more than average though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                    I wouldn't say that so fast. I don't think that a 1 year 1.6 mil contract is saying goodbye to a 1st round RB I don't think that even Millen would tip his hand that much
                    Millen is the king of stopgap solutions though. I wouldn't completely rule out a RB, but its less likely now with KJ, Bell, Calhoun and Cason on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                      Millen is the king of stopgap solutions though. I wouldn't completely rule out a RB, but its less likely now with KJ, Bell, Calhoun and Cason on the roster.
                      Good point well made.
                      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I agree, I don't think this eliminates the Lions drafting a runningback ... early even. (I know - I've been saying for some time that I think Millen takes Mendenhall.) Keep in mind that both Bell and Jones are signed through 08, leaving only Calhoun and Cason for 09 in terms of the currently constructed roster.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Lions still drafted Mendenhall, and maybe even cut Kevin Jones if they did. Rotoworld says KJ has a base salary of $2.37M in the final year of his rookie deal ... ehh, that's too much imo for a back who can't even play a full season and won't be healthy to start 08.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          It wouldn't surprise me if the Lions still drafted Mendenhall, and maybe even cut Kevin Jones if they did. Rotoworld says KJ has a base salary of $2.37M in the final year of his rookie deal ... ehh, that's too much imo for a back who can't even play a full season and won't be healthy to start 08.
                          Instead, why not trade him for a mid round pick?

Comment

Who will trade a mid-round pick (or any pick for that matter) for KJ recovering from a torn ACL and having only one year left on his contract? Especially with such a deep RB class?
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Who will trade a mid-round pick (or any pick for that matter) for KJ recovering from a torn ACL and having only one year left on his contract? Especially with such a deep RB class?
                              You're telling me that a team wouldn't trade a 5th round pick for KJones?

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information