Dre Bly to Denver?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dre Bly to Denver?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_lions/archives/2007_03.html#241496

Bly trade to Denver looking strong
    The proposed deal that would send cornerback Dre Bly to the Denver Broncos continues to get stronger.

In return, the Lions would receive either running back Tatum Bell and a third-round pick or tackle George Foster and a third-round pick or Bell and Foster together with no draft choice.

If the Lions get both Bell and Foster, it will have a profound impact on their draft and would likely mean that they'll definitely trade down. With Bell and Foster on the roster, the need for Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas or Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson is gone. The Lions would have more motivation to trade down a few spots and go after a defensive end like Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson. Or trade a few more spots and grab Mississippi middle linebacker Patrick Willis.

If the Lions can only get one player from the Broncos, they would probably prefer Bell because then they can use their top draft choice on Thomas. They don't want to draft Peterson as insurance for Kevin Jones, who is expected to return.

The Bly trade is not imminent, but it's the strongest one on the board -- and the one that could help the Lions the most.

How great would this be? Which of the three options would you choose? I think I would take both players. And then take CJ at 2, lol.

EDIT: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408

It's official
    Last edited by Xiomera; 03-01-2007, 12:47 PM.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

great find there xio, i think i would take bell and a third round pick. bell is very fast he and calhoun would be like the untouchables. but that raises the question who would we draft with the 3rd rounder, maybe dan baz? something like

1st adams
    2nd merriweather
    3rd best tackle/ i really think we are going to sign davis
    3rd b. DANO

good solid defensive draft. also i was thinking if we don't draft thomas in the first, we have a slim outside chance at landing ugoh in the second who really had a solid combine.

Comment

I would also have to go with Bell and a 3rd. Pick up a replacement CB with that 3rd round pick. Drop a little in the draft to acquire another pick and draft Patrick Willis or Gaines Adams. We need both quality and quantity so getting more picks is a must. Also packaging those later picks might also move us up into the 2nd round if there is a player that we LOVE still on the board.

Originally posted by supermario86
      Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Think about it though, if we get Bell and Foster for Bly, our needs at RB and OT will be filled. Leaving us with MLB, DE, OG, and CB. Now I have to think that we will fill at least one of those remaining needs in free agency (likely MLB or DE).

I would seriously consider taking CJ at 2 if we did the trade for Foster and Bell.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408

YES YES YES YES YES YES
          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

HA! HAHAHA!

HOLY ****!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

HAHAHA!

Man... i'm so ******* happy right now... we improved our OLine and got Tatum Bell... YES! That's ******* badass. Now, we don't necessarily need JThomas and wont look at Peterson... which means... DEEEEEEEEEEFENCEEEEEEEEE!

HAHA!

If Millen trades down this year, we are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Trade down, then take Willis. Use the remaining picks on CB, DE, ANYTHING else.

Man... i'm happy.
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I think, in a way, this helps us trade down. Arizona now knows that we will NOT be taking Joe Thomas, and they know that Cleveland will scoop him up at #3. If they want him, there is now no doubt that they will need to deal with Detroit to get him.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

We got a 5th rounder too!
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

We win in this deal... definately. Could Foster play OG? Or, could Scott play OG and keep Foster at OT?

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                    HA! HAHAHA!

HOLY ****!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

HAHAHA!

Man... i'm so ******* happy right now... we improved our OLine and got Tatum Bell... YES! That's ******* badass. Now, we don't necessarily need JThomas and wont look at Peterson... which means... DEEEEEEEEEEFENCEEEEEEEEE!

HAHA!

If Millen trades down this year, we are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Trade down, then take Willis. Use the remaining picks on CB, DE, ANYTHING else.

Man... i'm happy.
                    Wow talk about optimism!!

Comment

So will it be RB by committee next year and who will be the starter???

Comment

Originally posted by ds8582 View Post
                        So will it be RB by committee next year and who will be the starter???
                        Kevin Jones is without question the starter when he's 100% healthy again. Tatum Bell will get a lot of playing time early on and as a backup though. Brian Calhoun will get some carries too.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Very good deal. Arizona is goning to HAVE to trade with us if they want Joe Thomas. I think they would be stupid not to. Leonard Davis is gone and they need OLine help BAD. I think Scott bumps into OG and they keep Foster at RT. They are gonna ask ALOT for that second pick and I don't blame them. If OAK trades Moss and get Rodgers back with another pick, they will more than likely go with CJ21 and leave BOTH QB's on the board. That makes the pick very valuable because then CLE will have their pick and people will want to jump in front of them. This draft could be VERY INTERESTING. I expect alot of movement. This is the best case for us. Could Millen have done the right thing?

Originally posted by supermario86
                          Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

great trade if millen is able to trade down and get anothe rsecond round then he has done a great job so far two impact players and a 5th round pick for a player we would have cut anyway is fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                              great trade if millen is able to trade down and get anothe rsecond round then he has done a great job so far two impact players and a 5th round pick for a player we would have cut anyway is fantastic
                              Exactly.

Now we have 3 5th round draft choices?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information