Now who do we take at #2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now who do we take at #2?

With Joe Thomas no longer a viable option (after acquiring Foster), who will we take at #2?

Adrian Peterson is also completely out of the picture with the acquisition of Tatum Bell.

Do we take Gaines Adams? I still see it as a bit of a reach, and a bit of a risk. He reminds me of Kalimba enough to make me uneasy.

Do we draft Calvin Johnson? If we sign Curtis as expected, then it is a overwhelming NO, but if we somehow do not sign him, I think it makes a ton of sense to get the consensus, undisputed #1 player this year.

Do we trade down? Well we surely will try.

And if we do trade down, who do we target? Adams, Anderson, or perhaps . . . LaRon Landry?

Yes folks, I think Landry would be a tremendous pick. We lost our best playmaking DB in Bly. What better way to replace him then by bringing in a top notch playmaking safety? Landry is worthy of a top ten pick after an impressive combine. And we could save money by cutting Kennedy. Bullocks and Landry = Excellent

Thoughts?
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

I believe in taking the BPA(within reason) and that is without a doubt Calvin Johnson, so thats who imo the Lions should go with.

Comment

I think you guys will either take Brady Quinn or move Foster to right guard and still take Joe Thomas as your top 2 options. Adams is not gonna go that high, and a trade down is not that likely because it's really hard to find a suitor for that high of a pick

Comment

I think Lions will go Gaines Adams now.

Comment

They need to throw an insane amount of money at some corners, either in FA or through the draft.
          "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Comment

i think they'll go DE it seems like they're going to do their best to move down but if not they're going to have to reach for a player

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              With Joe Thomas no longer a viable option (after acquiring Foster), who will we take at #2?

Adrian Peterson is also completely out of the picture with the acquisition of Tatum Bell.

Do we take Gaines Adams? I still see it as a bit of a reach, and a bit of a risk. He reminds me of Kalimba enough to make me uneasy.

Do we draft Calvin Johnson? If we sign Curtis as expected, then it is a overwhelming NO, but if we somehow do not sign him, I think it makes a ton of sense to get the consensus, undisputed #1 player this year.

Do we trade down? Well we surely will try.

And if we do trade down, who do we target? Adams, Anderson, or perhaps . . . LaRon Landry?

Yes folks, I think Landry would be a tremendous pick. We lost our best playmaking DB in Bly. What better way to replace him then by bringing in a top notch playmaking safety? Landry is worthy of a top ten pick after an impressive combine. And we could save money by cutting Kennedy. Bullocks and Landry = Excellent

Thoughts?
              To this point, I never considered taking Landry in the draft. Now, it sounds like an outstanding idea. Bullocks and Landry would be sick... and, trade Kennedy?

I think that, after this trade, the Lions WILL trade down... 99.99999999% positive. That puts us in a great position for the draft.

If we, for whatever reason, cannot trade down, I think GAdams is the pick. Hands down. Marinelli wants him as another piece to building his defense.

If we trade down far enough, Willis will become the pick.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I now want Gaines Adams. Without corners, they need a pass rusher.
                "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

Comment

im really hoping revis falls to the second or to a late first where we could maybe trade up and take him we need to bring in some young CBs who have potentail to be great starters

Comment

Calvin Johnson, a CB in round two and a QB/linebacker/OT in round three.

At least the RB situation is safe, since we also got Tatum Bell in that trade.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I still don't think they'll take Calvin Johnson, because that means Roy will leave us the first chance he gets to be the top receiver on another team.. Though Roy does seem to have mental lapses.. i'm not sure how he is in the locker room.. The Team might prefer the Quiet WR over the Outspoken guy.. Maybe they will take CJ after all.

Comment

i'd like them to build offense in the draft i'd love to take CJ but id love to trade down get another second and get two or three new defensive starters

Comment

maybe the Lions are in place to take Quinn now? Also I wouldnt hate on them taking CJ even with there past WR draft problems.

Maybe a trade down?

Comment

id rather CJ than kitna but CJ has a huge chance to piss off roy and ruin the chemistry that marinelli is trying to build

Comment

draft quinn and put him at linebacker

or...
                              i'm great with gaines

fine with quinn

great with landry-doesn't even matter where we draft him, i don't care if we pay him #2 money he'll be worth it

fine with cj

completely against thomas now unless immediate trade
                              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information