Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayo was in detroit visiting

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...rt_out_at.html

looks like we are seriously looking at mayo. I also love that we are expected to take harvey if hes there

Awesome. Wonderful news. Good article.

Comment

Too bad we won't be in good position to take him. He will surely fall between our first and second picks.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

It mentions in the article that they may use one of their third round picks along with the second to trade back up into the first to grab Mayo.

Comment

I want him so badly, although i think buster davis still has a chance to be a decent pro.

Harvey and Mayo would be a nice 1-2 1st round combo

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
            I want him so badly, although i think buster davis still has a chance to be a decent pro.

Harvey and Mayo would be a nice 1-2 1st round combo
            Amazing combo. I would give up a lot of our draft to make that happen.

Comment

Trade up into the early 2nd round for Mayo.

Our Round 2 pick, Round 4 pick and Round 5 pick gives us enough points to do this.

Or Round 2 and Round 3 pick from Cleveland.

Obviously option 1 is much better because Round 4 and Round 5 is like giving up AJ Davis and Johnny Baldwin. Millen has moved around fairly well in the past(about the only thing he does well on draft day). Mayo at Strong Side until he learns enought to play MLB sounds like a good plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                Trade up into the early 2nd round for Mayo.

Our Round 2 pick, Round 4 pick and Round 5 pick gives us enough points to do this.

Or Round 2 and Round 3 pick from Cleveland.

Obviously option 1 is much better because Round 4 and Round 5 is like giving up AJ Davis and Johnny Baldwin. Millen has moved around fairly well in the past(about the only thing he does well on draft day). Mayo at Strong Side until he learns enought to play MLB sounds like a good plan to me.
                Option 1 sounds great, i dont wanna give up too many early picks, and if we have to we can move both of those 3rds and get back into the second if there's someone we really like.

I expect a few trades like last year.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

I want Mayo.. but I wouldn't use any of our 3rd Rounders to trade up for him.

Comment

Ya I see alot of mocks that have us taking him, and I would be really suprised to see him there for us. Maybe we could even trade down a few spots in round 1 and get Branden Albert, and possibly accumulate a few picks to trade up in round 2, without losing too many we currently have.

Comment

I love me some trading down and getting more picks scenarios. We don't even know if Harvey is gonna be there for us so we shouldn't get our hopes up for him atleast.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                        I love me some trading down and getting more picks scenarios. We don't even know if Harvey is gonna be there for us so we shouldn't get our hopes up for him atleast.
                        Hmm yeah, interesting.. maybe Mendenhall is there at 15.. and we trade down with someone that wants him, and then we take Mayo later in Round 1 and address OL/DE/RB with the extra picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          Hmm yeah, interesting.. maybe Mendenhall is there at 15.. and we trade down with someone that wants him, and then we take Mayo later in Round 1 and address OL/DE/RB with the extra picks.
                          I love Mendenhall, but DE/ILB would fix up our defense good.

Who will we select as RB in that scenario? Smith? Rice? Slaton?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            I love Mendenhall, but DE/ILB would fix up our defense good.

Who will we select as RB in that scenario? Smith? Rice? Slaton?
                            I haven't seen him play nor do really know much about him but I think the runningback we would target past the first round is Tulane's Matt Forte.

He fits the description of rod's "pounding the rock" as well as Coletto's running enforced offense.

Comment

Originally posted by ESimsfan87 View Post
                              I haven't seen him play nor do really know much about him but I think the runningback we would target past the first round is Tulane's Matt Forte.

He fits the description of rod's "pounding the rock" as well as Coletto's running enforced offense.
                              Isn't Forté looked at mainly as a fullback?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information