Lions Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions Mock Drafts

i made a little mock draft board for the lions. right now they are around pick 14ish but here's how i want to see their board.

1. jake long-not a chance of him falling, but in an ideal world i would want him on the lions at anything after pick 6 price range. i might actually prefer mini-howie or gholston but jake is 'local' and also removes question marks.

2. chris long-my favorite player in the draft, seriously a can't miss, marry my daughter talent

3. vernon gholston-f* state but would love to see what the marine can teach him, 13 sacks but 3 were against henne. 14.5 tfl

4. dmc-wouldn't mind picking him up for 'cheap' after those guys are off the board, letting kj walk and using dmc as marshall 2.0, zero chance though.

5. glenn dorsey-will play a little hurt and won't spend every other snap on the sideline

6. dan connor-leads the big ten with 136 tackles, 14 tfl, 6.5 sacks, 1 int, 7 pd. used to stopping running teams and wouldn't mind him making heads up plays for the lions.

7. james laurinaitis-103 tackles, 8.5 tfl, 5 sacks, 2 int, 3 pd, same boat as connor but i haven't watched him live and psu is linebacker u so he drops one tiny spot.

8/9. mike jenkins/malcom jenkins-i have no preference, except maybe for leroy jenkins if he came out of warcraft U.

10. kenny phillips-i trust that miami safeties translate into pro bowlers (football kind). i know we don't necessarily need him, but then i look at ed reed and taylor and wonder what if?

11. derrick harvey-proven winner and pass rusher. 14tfl and 6.5 sacks this year

12. quinton groves-unproven talent but had 23 qb hurries and only 3 sacks

13. aqib talib-4 interceptions and a touchdown this year, 6'2" and an important part of kansas' best season but for some reason i look at him and see 2nd round.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Two scenarios

Trade - John Vilma,MLB for Shaun Rogers DT
    Could easily be more pieces involved, but the two are the main pieces.

1. Calais Campbell, DE - Miami

2.Gosder Cherilous, OT - Boston College

3.Charles Godfrey, DB - Iowa

4.Ezra Butler, LB - Nevada

No trade

1.Jeff Otah, OT - Pittsburgh

2.Phillip Wheeler, LB - Georgia

3.Simeon Castille, CB - Alabama

4. Mike Hart, RB - Michigan
    Last edited by Scotty D; 12-29-2007, 07:41 AM.

Comment

i like scenario one

Comment

3 round mock

15 - Dan Connor LB

Connor is an all around standout linebacker. He is a player that can make the big play, but also the type of player you count on to lead your defense and consistently be around the action. He is athletic, and has the quickness and speed to cover in space. The rare trait he has, is that he has a knack for finding the ball and making a play on it that most linebackers do not possess. He also has the toughness and strength to stick his nose in between the tackles and stuff the run. He is the prototypical linebacker, and has everything you look for in a linebacker prospect.

Connor is about as complete a linebacker as you can find, but he could stand to add a few more pounds to his frame. He will need more bulk and strength to hold up at the point attack in the running game against NFL blockers.
        41 - Chris Ellis DE

Ellis is a solid pass rusher, and has a lot of potential in that area at the next level. He is a good athlete, with very good quickness and shows the ability to close on the quarterback. He comes off the line quickly, and shows the lateral agility to beat the tackle and put pressure on the quarterback or disrupt running plays. Ellis plays hard on the field and although he is not the biggest guy, makes plays in run support because he keeps going.

Ellis has to get bigger and stronger to be more than a situational pass rusher in the NFL. He can put pressure on the QB and he tries against the run, but he simply cannot hold up at the point of attack against NFL lineman in run support.
        74 - Charles Godfrey CB

Charles Godfrey will turn out to be a diamond in the rough for some NFL franchise. Godfrey, a senior from Iowa, is one of the bigger cornerback prospects in the country. At 6'1" and 208 lbs., Godfrey has the size and strength to jam receivers at the line, even at the next level. Godfrey is not only big and strong, but has tremendous speed. He probably won't run the fastest 40 at the combine, but he's as fast in pads as most in the country

His sound open field tackling was developed during his time playing special teams as a freshman and starting at free safety as a sophomore. Godfrey shows great ball skills while in coverage and is great in run support. His experience at multiple positions, along with his strength and speed, should help him find himself amongst the top tier of cornerbacks in this draft.
        Last edited by Bootland27; 01-01-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

That would be a sick draft. Only thing is we don't draft the O-line, but honestly I would take that draft every day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            That would be a sick draft. Only thing is we don't draft the O-line, but honestly I would take that draft every day of the week.
            If we re-sign Woody (or find another FA OT), that draft is outstanding. Woody works, though... hope we can keep him.
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

With Trade: Rogers, 1st round, 3rd round, 2009 2nd. To Atl for 1st and 2nd round pick.

How the trade works ATL needs a D linemen also they don't want to pay a QB top 5 money. I think the Falcon fans are right when they say the team doesn't want Matt Ryan or at least not at a top 5 pick and would rather have an Andre Woodson at pick 15.

Now for the picks

Round 1 Jake Long LT Michigan
              Round 2a Aqib Talib CB Kansas
              Round 2b Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbilt
              Round 4 Dustin Keller TE Purdue
              Round 5 Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame (Should improve in kickoff coverage)
              Rounds 6+7 ???

No Trade

Round 1 Ryan Clady OT Boise St.
              Round 2 Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbuilt
              Round 3 Charles Godfrey CB Iowa
              Round 4 Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech
              Round 5 Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame
              Round 6 Owen Schmitt FB West VA
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I dont think we will draft a FB!! But, I could be wrong, plus owen Schmitt is crazy..!

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                  With Trade: Rogers, 1st round, 3rd round, 2009 2nd. To Atl for 1st and 2nd round pick.

How the trade works ATL needs a D linemen also they don't want to pay a QB top 5 money. I think the Falcon fans are right when they say the team doesn't want Matt Ryan or at least not at a top 5 pick and would rather have an Andre Woodson at pick 15.

Now for the picks

Round 1 Jake Long LT Michigan
                  Round 2a Aqib Talib CB Kansas
                  Round 2b Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbilt
                  Round 4 Dustin Keller TE Purdue
                  Round 5 Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame (Should improve in kickoff coverage)
                  Rounds 6+7 ???

No Trade

Round 1 Ryan Clady OT Boise St.
                  Round 2 Jonathan Goff ILB Vanderbuilt
                  Round 3 Charles Godfrey CB Iowa
                  Round 4 Xavier Adibi OLB Virginia Tech
                  Round 5 Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame
                  Round 6 Owen Schmitt FB West VA

I almost think Zbikowski could be a slb for us. What do you guys think? That trade with Atlanta is a good idea, but did you look at the value chart for it? I think it would take Shaun Rogers, our second rounder, and maybe more to get to #3. Owen Schmitt is going to be long gone before the 6th round also.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    I almost think Zbikowski could be a slb for us. What do you guys think? That trade with Atlanta is a good idea, but did you look at the value chart for it? I think it would take Shaun Rogers, our second rounder, and maybe more to get to #3. Owen Schmitt is going to be long gone before the 6th round also.
                    Zbikowski could definanty be a slb in a cover 2 system. Is it official that Atlanta has #3? I thought it was between 3-5 making the #5 pick accessable thinking that Rogers is worth a late 1st round pick (he's at least as good as booger mcfarland) with next years second round maybe throw in a 2009 3rd as well.
                    Last edited by Brothgar; 01-03-2008, 03:37 PM.
                    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                      Zbikowski could definanty be a slb in a cover 2 system. Is it official that Atlanta has #3? I thought it was between 3-5 making the #5 pick accessable thinking that Rogers is worth a late 1st round pick (he's at least as good as booger mcfarland) with next years second round maybe throw in a 2009 3rd as well.
                      No Atlanta isn't locked into #3 I don't know why I said that. But they are going to have to be in front of KC, because they might be a lock for Long.

Comment

i think the our 1st pick has to be Offensive Linemen i would take someone like Ryan Clady, Jeff Otah, or Sam Baker

Comment

Originally posted by Lionsfan93 View Post
                          i think the our 1st pick has to be Offensive Linemen i would take someone like Ryan Clady, Jeff Otah, or Sam Baker
                          I think our first pick HAS to be a Defensive player.. DE, LB, CB.. I'd wait and pick up an OT with our Round 2 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            I think our first pick HAS to be a Defensive player.. DE, LB, CB.. I'd wait and pick up an OT with our Round 2 pick.
                            I think our first pick HAS to be a kicker or punter!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              i agree we need some serious help on defense and im hoping we can resign woody to play rt

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information