Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the lions want Harvey, they have to trade up

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ust_trade.html

Looks like Carolina is zeroing in on him, so its basically down to Mendenhall, Stewart or Mayo.

Get ready to put on the mayo....

I still don't really think the Bears are going to pass up Mendenhall.
    They've wined and dined up a lot from what I've heard and while Stewart is a RB god, it would probably be a PR nightmare from fans who have never seen him play because after all we just released KJ- who was injured himself.

Comment

I'll be happy with either mendenhall or mayo, I think Chicago will probably take mendenhall but i think there is still a very good chance they go OLine though.

I'm very much on the Mayo bandwagon though.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by ESimsfan87 View Post
        Get ready to put on the mayo....

I still don't really think the Bears are going to pass up Mendenhall.
        They've wined and dined up a lot from what I've heard and while Stewart is a RB god, it would probably be a PR nightmare from fans who have never seen him play because after all we just released KJ- who was injured himself.
        Well there is always an OLman. I highly doubt that Mendenhall, Harvey, and all top 5 OLmen will all be gone
        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

they go lb with #15

Originally posted by Bootland27 View Post
          http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ust_trade.html

Looks like Carolina is zeroing in on him, so its basically down to Mendenhall, Stewart or Mayo.
          After hearing "dapper" Dan Miller interview Millen on 97.1 the ticket tonight MM really perked up when asked about the LB position for the draft. He downplayed RB, DE & OT and even went as far as saying he thinks J. Scott is the RT of the future ... ugh? But about Mayo with #15 ... it's a solid fit, he would be a beast in the middle and I think he has gained a lot of momentum in the past week. My question is what happened to the Dan Connor hype? This kid is a stud & All American, from linebacker U no less and he is now #3 LB on most boards (rivers, mayo, connor/lofton). I would not be at all surprised if the lions went LB with #15 and as a wildcard think it might be Connor. What do you fellas think?;o)

Besides MM is a PSU slappy ... that's not a shot, I love the Big 10.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
            After hearing "dapper" Dan Miller interview Millen on 97.1 the ticket tonight MM really perked up when asked about the LB position for the draft. He downplayed RB, DE & OT and even went as far as saying he thinks J. Scott is the RT of the future ... ugh? But about Mayo with #15 ... it's a solid fit, he would be a beast in the middle and I think he has gained a lot of momentum in the past week. My question is what happened to the Dan Connor hype? This kid is a stud & All American, from linebacker U no less and he is now #3 LB on most boards (rivers, mayo, connor/lofton). I would not be at all surprised if the lions went LB with #15 and as a wildcard think it might be Connor. What do you fellas think?;o)

Besides MM is a PSU slappy ... that's not a shot, I love the Big 10.
            Rule 1 of the draft don't believe anyting a GM says within 1 week of the draft.
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Mayo or Connor

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
              I'll be happy with either mendenhall or mayo, I think Chicago will probably take mendenhall but i think there is still a very good chance they go OLine though.

I'm very much on the Mayo bandwagon though.
              They will pick up an OT but not at #15. If Long, Clady, Albert & Williams are all gone (Harvey too) it makes sense to take Mayo or Connor the #1a #1b (my opinion) MLB's in the draft rather than settling for a #5 or #6 rated guy at that position like Otah or Cherilus.

RB will be round 2 or 3 (Smith, Rice, Forte & Choice all would look good in honolulu blue & silver!)

Here's how I see it ...
              #1 J. Mayo - UT/MLB(or D. Connor)
              #2 T. Laws - ND/DT
              #3a K. Smith -UCF/RB
              #3b D. Brown - VaTech/OT
              #4 B. Davis - UCLA/OLB
              #5 C. Jackson - LSU/CB
              #6 J. Haynos - Maryland/TE
              #7 B. Coutu - Ga/K

What do you guys think?

Comment

I swear if Dan Connor gets drafted over Mayo... I'm burning this mother down.

And I'll find Tactica... oh will I find him...

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

im starting to think it'll be Mayo unless Harvey is there

Comment

It's all a smokescreen

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                    Rule 1 of the draft don't believe anyting a GM says within 1 week of the draft.
                    Did you see freep.com had an article this morning about the Lions trading up for Matty Ryan?? Smokescreen ....

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                      I swear if Dan Connor gets drafted over Mayo... I'm burning this mother down.

And I'll find Tactica... oh will I find him...
                      You and me both, sista! No white boys in Round 1!

Comment

I may be nuts, but I'd rather have a draft of Chris Williams or Mendenhall in Rd. 1 and Connors in rd 2 than a Mayo-1 Baker-2.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is that IMO the difference between Mayo and Connor is less in my mind between the difference between Mendenhall and a 2nd rd. RB or Williams/Otah and a 2nd rd. OT. Now Connors might not drop to us at 45 but I'd love to move up slightly to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          You and me both, sista! No white boys in Round 1!
                          *shakes head for 5 minutes straight*

*falls over due to dizziness*

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Does anyone think Mayo will last until 30.

If Harvey,Clady,Chris Williams are off the board, I wouldnt mind a trade down with Green Bay(who would get a very good corner at 15)

Pick 15 (1,050) for Pick 30, Pick 60 and Pick 91 (1,056).

2 Round 2s and 3 Round 3s could fill a lot of holes or allow us to move up into the early 2nd to get a player we are targetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                              Does anyone think Mayo will last until 30.

If Harvey,Clady,Chris Williams are off the board, I wouldnt mind a trade down with Green Bay(who would get a very good corner at 15)

Pick 15 (1,050) for Pick 30, Pick 60 and Pick 91 (1,056).

2 Round 2s and 3 Round 3s could fill a lot of holes or allow us to move up into the early 2nd to get a player we are targetting.
                              With the buzz around Mayo.... it must have gone bad.

BAH HAHAHAHAHA. Get it!!! The mayo is spoiled. Because it is a perishable product.

Ok, seriously, I don't think he is going to last until 30. His stock is going through the roof. I'd be more comfortable if he was... but I don't know. If we could trade down and get our guy lower then 15... woohoo.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information