No announcement yet.

2009 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need talent everywhere but WR, period.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I DO like Michael Johnson, but it all depends on where in the top 5-10 we are, hahaha.

Comment

I would love to draft a LT such as Oher, Monroe, or Andre Smith (assuming he comes out). There are also a few NFL guys that think that Backus might be a better fit at LG (an expensive LG) than LT so we might be able to get 2 birds with 1 stone. I'd also love to get Maulanga or Lauranitis if we end up with a second 1st (i.e. if Roy is traded).

Heck, how about Roy and our 1st traded to NE for Pioli!

Comment

Okay, and i am again just spit-balling here but we just give our rookies some time (i.e. kevin smith) BUT we are not winning games with Kitna at QB period. Also, we need to shape up our defense in the first round we cannot just outscore our opponents anymore. I also like the thought of Rey Maualuga in the first. Look what Pat Willis and Demeco Ryans did for their poor defenses. I realize that he may not be the same player, but I have seen or heard nothing but good things. Last thing, seeing as how our beloved Lions cannot get much worse...how about playing a mobile QB for once?? Like Drew Stanton, or pick one up in Day 1 of the draft.

Comment

Well all discussions as to whom we should draft really cannot be considered at this time. In all likelihood we will have a new HC by the start of next season and without knowing what type of defense he plays, we cannot assess who he might draft on the defensive side.
            First we have to know how our new GM feels about each player on the team. Then who will be available when it is our turn to draft, before we have any clues as to which way the new GM will go.
            I suspect that outside of QB, the offense is pretty well on its own as far as improving goes. I can see our new GM thinking in one of 2 ways provided he is a decent GM with real football knowledge. On offense he will draft a potential franchise QB around witch the team can be rebuilt if of course, one is available where we draft. If there isn't a franchise QB available, he'll draft to improve our defense starting with the DL or should the 2 MLB fit the new HC's defensive scheme, he might grab one of them if absolutely no DLmen are worthy of that high a pick. I think you'll see a draft that is almost exclusively defense orientated. No matter who our HC is, the defense must have some new talented bodies to have any chance for improvement.
            Yes we could use an upgrade at LT but who wants to go through another season where we consistently give up 30+ points a game. A defensive commitment is a real necessity if we want to turn this team around and only a franchise QB should be considered if we are not drafting defense.
            Just my opinion.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

It will ultimately depend on which college players elevate their play to be worthy of top 5 picks, but I think the player we draft absolutely will need to play either QB, LT, DE, or MLB. I'd lean towards LT or DE unless Stanton proves to be a bust when he gets his playing time later this season.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I'm gonna say LT.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Alabama has two players I'm highly interested in, Andre Smith, OT and DT, Terrance Cody.

Cody is a mammoth of a man and has caused major problems in the backfield against Clemson and Georgia.

Comment

JOHN PARKER WILSON! [edit: whoops]

It's such a power name.
                    Last edited by wingboy2999; 09-28-2008, 03:08 PM.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

edit: ignore me

Comment

What'd you say?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

I like Andre Smith, but I'm not sold on Terrence Cody.

Comment

atleast cody has shown that he can lose weight when pushed
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              atleast cody has shown that he can lose weight when pushed
                              I do not want another dude that may have weight problems. *cough* BMW *cough*

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                                Alabama has two players I'm highly interested in, Andre Smith, OT and DT, Terrance Cody.

Cody is a mammoth of a man and has caused major problems in the backfield against Clemson and Georgia.
                                Can you say Shuan Rodgers all over again. He'll have to have someone to keep him off the buffet circuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information