No announcement yet.

2009 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Maualuga is going to fall out of the top 20. He's not having as good of a year this year as last year and many scouts already expected average workouts from him.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Hype View Post
      yeah i am likeing Orakpo right now im feeling this

1. Orakpo
      1. Rey Mauluga
      2.terance taylor
      3.CB/RB
      4.alex boone
      5.OL
      I really like Orakpo as well and I think the Lions would be a lot better off if they could get a good pass rusher and Orakpo looks to be a very good speed rusher.

Comment

I think we'll be picking too high for Orakpo. I just don't see him as a top three pick. I think we have to go QB or OT with that first pick. Then we can come back and grab a LB or DE with the second pick.

Comment

Kinda off topic but do we have a conditional 3rd from the Browns? If we do what is that condition?
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

not sure about rogers. and i think we'll probably be too high for orakpo right now, but i don't know i just feel he has greatness in him. its weird but when i see him i think about freeney and suggs. i feel orlando pace and walter jones with the tackles(although i think one is destined to bust), and i think the top 3 linebackers are all going to be extremely good.
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

You can always use the #33 pick on Derek Anderson and save a boat load of guarenteed money. I'd think #1 overall for Matthew Stafford would approach 45 million in guarenteed and 85 million overall(Matt Ryan was 34 and 72 at #3). Then you guys could use the #1 overall pick on whoever your staff decides is the best LT amoung Michael Oher, Andre Smith and Eugene Monroe and with the Dallas pick I'm sure you'd have at least one of Brandon Spikes(ILB), James Laurinaitis(ILB), Rey Maualuga(ILB), D.J. Moore(CB), Darius Butler(CB), Greg Hardy(DE), Michael Johnson(DE), Everette Brown(DE), or George Selvie(DE). Fills three huge needs and eliminates the finacial burden of #1 overall for a QB and not to mention first round QB's are way more likely bust than Top 5 LT's.

1. Michael Oher LT Mississippi
              1. Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
              3. Victor Harris CB Virginia Tech
              3. Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconson
              5. Anthony Parker OG Tennessee
              6. Brian Mandeville TE Northeastern
              6. Brandon Hughes CB Oregon State
              Last edited by BackwoodsBoy; 10-18-2008, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Oher + Maualuga/Hardy = Instant, Instant Win

Comment

Every Lions fan should try to catch as much of the Bama-Ole Miss game as they can and watch the LT's, they are the future of the position.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                    Kinda off topic but do we have a conditional 3rd from the Browns? If we do what is that condition?
                    I have not heard that. I think it was Bodden + a 2008 Third (Fluellen).
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      I have not heard that. I think it was Bodden + a 2008 Third (Fluellen).
                      Yeah I was reading the picks traded on another site and they forgot to take down the 2008 picks and I got confused.
                      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                        Every Lions fan should try to catch as much of the Bama-Ole Miss game as they can and watch the LT's, they are the future of the position.
                        How did the game go? I had to work.

Comment

Until we know who our HC is going to be, it is impossible to assess who we might draft. If Marinelli is fired, we may well switch out of the Cover 2 defense and require a completely different type of player.
                          We are in limbo until Ford announces his decision on our GM and the GM announces his decision on our new HC.
                          Until then you might as well flip a coin because without some kind of rational to base our picks on, it's all fantasy.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                            Until we know who our HC is going to be, it is impossible to assess who we might draft. If Marinelli is fired, we may well switch out of the Cover 2 defense and require a completely different type of player.
                            We are in limbo until Ford announces his decision on our GM and the GM announces his decision on our new HC.
                            Until then you might as well flip a coin because without some kind of rational to base our picks on, it's all fantasy.
                            Well the way I see it your best player is on your offense. Calvin Johnson is also your best chance at winning right now, so at least 2 of those first 3 high picks should go to helping out Calvin Johnson ie LT and QB and those are 2 positions that don't really matter what scheme or head coach you have. A great one can play great in any offense. Also on offense you have Kevin Smith who is young and talented. With an improved Oline he can help win games too.

Whats up with Gosder Cherlius anyway? He looked awful in my only experience watching him this year and I also heard him and I believe Rameriz were actually benched mid game?

Comment

maybe today they can talk to kubiak and see if they can get some actual coaching so that they don't still look like they are in college
                              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Where do yo think Mark Sanchez's value is at? Late first round? I might prefer him to Stafford.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information