X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoWnThEfiElD
    started a topic 2009 Draft Discussion

2009 Draft Discussion

Just for fun throw a prospect you wouldn't mind seeing in a Lions uniform for next years draft.

I'm gona go with Matthew Stafford from GA. I don't know why but I like him a lot as a QB, and think he could have the potential to be special. Kinda reminds me of Favre like skills. Not comparing to two, just saying.

• WMD
    replied
    Schwartz is the Chessmaster. He's always thinking 20 moves ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    Aye aye! *salutes*

I always thought Schwartz would be a good Head Coach, so it's fun observing! I'll do my best to give insight as best I can.
    well, welcome to the Lions Team forum, outlander.

I actually like Schwartz so far, a lot more than I liked Marinelli.

Leave a comment:

• TitanHope
    replied
    Originally posted by Prowler
    lol, keep giving us insider info and you can stay for as long as you like.
    Aye aye! *salutes*

I always thought Schwartz would be a good Head Coach, so it's fun observing! I'll do my best to give insight as best I can.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler
    replied
    Hope ya guys don't mind my occasional input. I like it here!
    lol, keep giving us insider info and you can stay for as long as you like.

Leave a comment:

• TitanHope
    replied
    Hope ya guys don't mind my occasional input. I like it here!

Originally posted by Iamcanadian
    Well, Jerry might not fit Schwartz's defensive scheme. He may not suit what Schwartz is looking for in a DT. If we were still a Tampa 2 defense then Jerry makes sense but he is certainly questionable in Schwartz's scheme.
    Schwartz didn't have control of the DL in Tennessee. The DL is Jim Washburn's baby. It's a 1-gapper scheme that requires the players to run. No fatties whose sole purpose is to take up space. Jerry fits it fine, but, this is a multiyear process for the Lions. There will be Peria Jerrys in the 2010 Draft. Ya'll may not have a shot at a TE like Pettigrew in 2010.

Originally posted by jsa230
    pettigrew vs kampman . . . i can't wait to see pettigrew "take him on"
    It's all fun 'n games til your 4-3 DE converts have to drop into coverage. :p

Leave a comment:

• Iamcanadian
    replied
    Originally posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
    I realize that, but you dont build a team by drafting a TE in the first round. Teams can win without great TEs, teams can't win without a good LT or a good DT/DE. I would have much rather had Peria Jerry at number 20, Delmas is a fine pick in the 2nd round, but with those 2 3rd rounds, we could have taken a one of those big tackles or that Duke Robinson kid at guard. You tell me which is better

1. Stafford
    1b. Jerry
    2. Delmas
    3a. Brinkley
    3b. Robinson

or what we have
    When you have a young QB, a solid TE can be a gold mine acting as target when the QB is pressured. He is a Safety valve in those situations and his blocking is just another huge plus. If he was a classic pass catching TE who couldn't block, I'd agree with your assessment but he is a lot more than that.
    Well, Jerry might not fit Schwartz's defensive scheme. He may not suit what Schwartz is looking for in a DT. If we were still a Tampa 2 defense then Jerry makes sense but he is certainly questionable in Schwartz's scheme.
    Brinkley and Robinson are part of the all hype team but are in reality very questionable pro prospects. Robinson in particular was the most over hyped prospect in the draft with minimal likelihood of ever starting in the NFL. Brinkely can only be effective in a 3-4 defense.

Leave a comment:

• ironman4579
    replied
    Originally posted by jsa230 View Post
    Kampman will be "taking on" Pettigrew's nuts with his forehead. Mushroom stamp! ;)

Leave a comment:

• ESimsfan87
    replied
    Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    If by "take him on" you mean "bend him over the arm of the couch and unmercifully rape him while only wearing a Walter Herrmann jersey and a sandpaper condom" then yes, Brandon Pettigrew will perform a "take him on" to Aaron Kampman.
    LOL! Totally convincing and seemingly possible if only he wears a Hermann jersey.

Leave a comment:

• WMD
    replied
    Originally posted by jsa230 View Post
    If by "take him on" you mean "bend him over the arm of the couch and unmercifully rape him while only wearing a Walter Herrmann jersey and a sandpaper condom" then yes, Brandon Pettigrew will perform a "take him on" to Aaron Kampman.

Leave a comment:

• jsa230
    replied
    Pettigrew will also be able to take on Green Bay's 3-4 OLB's 1-on-1 when blocking.

What's up with Gosder Cherilus? Was he not drafted to play LT, or are they going to leave him at RT?

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    Gosder is just a RT.
    and one who needs to improve :P

Leave a comment:

• WMD
    replied
    Pettigrew will also be able to take on Green Bay's 3-4 OLB's 1-on-1 when blocking.

What's up with Gosder Cherilus? Was he not drafted to play LT, or are they going to leave him at RT?
    Gosder is just a RT.

Leave a comment:

• TitanHope
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xiomera
    replied
    Originally posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
    I realize that, but you dont build a team by drafting a TE in the first round. Teams can win without great TEs, teams can't win without a good LT or a good DT/DE. I would have much rather had Peria Jerry at number 20, Delmas is a fine pick in the 2nd round, but with those 2 3rd rounds, we could have taken a one of those big tackles or that Duke Robinson kid at guard. You tell me which is better

1. Stafford
    1b. Jerry
    2. Delmas
    3a. Brinkley
    3b. Robinson

or what we have
    Brinkley and Robinson both went later in the draft than this. Every team in the NFL passed them by 3-5 times before they were taken.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information