Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodden out ... any FA CB's We Like?

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...take_with.html

In case you have not yet heard, Mr. Leigh Bodden will not be back in Detroit next year. Sigh .... (jk) With Travis Fisher being our #1 option (choke) please tell me we are going to go shopping & drafting a few CB's ... anyone care to discuss?

I think Oakland Radier FA Nnamdi Asomugha is one of the top 3 cover corners in the NFL. Realizing it will take a crap load of $$ to get him here, do you think he, or any other FA corner is worth looking at?
    Draft favorites can be discussed here too. I like DJ Moore/Alphonso Smith (2 rd pick), Mark Parson (3b rd pick) & Cary Harris (5 rd pick)

I like drafting Alphonso Smith.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

I say we sign a starter in Free Agency and draft one in either Round 2 or 3. I like Mike Mickens.

Comment

Aso is easily the best corner in the NFL. ;)

I'm having trouble working on my 2nd mock. For the second 1st rounder of Detroit I don't know who to put. Vontae Davis is still available in mine would you guys like him there?

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
        too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

Originally posted by OneToughGame View Post

I'm having trouble working on my 2nd mock. For the second 1st rounder of Detroit I don't know who to put. Vontae Davis is still available in mine would you guys like him there?
          I would say yes.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
            I would say yes.
            I would say no.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

I would pass... enough talent depth at CB and it appears he has some maturity issues. Not what the Lions need to deal with right now in the locker room.

I am liking Lauranitus at the 20 spot today ... if he is there I jump at that and address CB at the 33 spot assuming 1 of either Alphonso Smith or DJ Moore drop to that spot.

Stafford/JL/Smith would excite me.

Comment

I like McFadden or Greer in FA and in the draft one of Alphonso Smith/Victor Harris/Vontae Davis/DJ Moore

Comment

I like Jabari Greer as a FA, and Alphonso Smtih as a DP.

Comment

I like Vontae quite a bit.. I'd take him, assuming he's the best Defensive Player available.

Comment

Aso is the best shutdown CB in the nfl and I doubt he has maturity issues. I could be wrong but I never heard anything about that. He would be great for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                        Aso is the best shutdown CB in the nfl and I doubt he has maturity issues. I could be wrong but I never heard anything about that. He would be great for you guys
                        He meant that Vontae has maturity issues. Nonetheless, I'd take a flyer on him...he's supposed to be even more gifted than Jenkins.

I think that the Raiders are going to Franchise Aso, but what about Dunta Robinson? I'd love to see Dunta and Vontae as our starting corners next season.
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Nnamdi Asomugha will be one of, if not the most coveted FAs if he hits the open market. With that said if you were him would you go to Detroit after just spending six years in Oakland. The only way he would choose Detroit is if they threw $10-15 million more than any other offer in guaranteed money. He will go to the highest bidder from a contender if the Raiders don't tag or sign him.

Out of the other FAs I've been a fan of Jabari for awhile becaus of how hard he plays and works to improve his game. He was on his way to a break out season in '08 before was injured. He's not a #1 but he's a solid #2 and and very good nickel back. I also like Robinson but his knee will have to check out to get any really serious interest. In the draft most of the CBs in that late first round to third round range could be soild additions. Has there been an update on Alexander and his neck? The new coaches might like him better at CB if he checks out and go after a S (I think they should anyways) in FA or the draft. I'd like them to make Sean Jones one of their main targets. He's a real SS that can make plays. Jones would be nice because he can make plays on the ball and also help fill the box against the run.

Comment

yeah half our salary cap would go to aso, which might be worth it but there is no way that it happens....but when i close my eyes i see him and haynesworth. i don't see dunta happening either.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

All I can say is look at Nate Clements signing with San Fran a couple of years ago. Stranger things have happened...
                              [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information