Ok what about this...
    Detroit
    ---------
    #1 overall 2009

to / for

San Francisco
    --------------
    #10 Overall and next years #1

This gives you #2 firsts this year and next and allows you to save some guaranteed money that would surely go through the roof for a QB after Ryan's contract last year. Still gives you the opportunity to draft a young gun QB like Sanchez if you wanted or go after someone like Orakapo to put on the Defensive side of the ball then you can go after a QB next year when you could end up with Bradford, McCoy, Tebow or Javan Sneed sitting in your laps which are better prospects then Stafford or Sanchez...

Plus San Fran needs the big armed, big program type guy that can come in and take the daily pressure of dealing with being the starter from Day 1 and you guys have someone already that can do that in Culpepper so drafting a QB is a grooming position not vital to your existence next season..

Originally posted by ChefMike View Post
    Ok what about this...
    Detroit
    ---------
    #1 overall 2009

to / for

San Francisco
    --------------
    #10 Overall and next years #1

This gives you #2 firsts this year and next and allows you to save some guaranteed money that would surely go through the roof for a QB after Ryan's contract last year. Still gives you the opportunity to draft a young gun QB like Sanchez if you wanted or go after someone like Orakapo to put on the Defensive side of the ball then you can go after a QB next year when you could end up with Bradford, McCoy, Tebow or Javan Sneed sitting in your laps which are better prospects then Stafford or Sanchez...

Plus San Fran needs the big armed, big program type guy that can come in and take the daily pressure of dealing with being the starter from Day 1 and you guys have someone already that can do that in Culpepper so drafting a QB is a grooming position not vital to your existence next season..
    I think you're out there by yourself on that prediction.

Comment

pass.

After 0-16, we'd at least like to try to win a game this year than always setting off the rebuilding effort an additional year.

Next year's Qb's are atrocious, too.

Comment

Stafford and Sanchez are both better than next years QB's..

And why would SF do the trade? Why wouldn't they just wait for next year when the amazing Tim Tebow is available?

Comment

stafford =a few bad decisions shy of being one of the best qb prospects ever. his ceiling is unlimited and his floor is pretty much how brett favre played this year.

bradford is nice but the consensus is that he's either alex smith 2.0 or something better. what that means i have no clue but he just looks like a backup.
          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

SF could then trade for David Carr and have 3 former No. 1 overall picks at QB on the roster. WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Though I'm not completely sold on the idea of Stafford at #1, I wouldnt do the trade from a value standpoint. Only a future #1 to trade back from 1 to 10? IMO, if we got an additional 2nd and 3rd from this yr then yeah, I'd think we'd almost have to truly contemplate it but I dont foresee that happening because the 49ers have too many other needs then a QB.

The other option would be for them to throw a player or 2 at us, but then who would we take? Obviously we'd take Willis, but they wouldn't give him up. Other than that who would we really want? Baas? Staley? Paris? I just dont think their roster is a trading partner for us.

So overall, to the trade I'd say no unless we get substantially better value, whcih wouldnt happen.

Comment

Well I'd like the trade but not where you'd go with it. Trading with SF and picking up another #1 pick and then taking the other of the top 2 QB's wouldn't be that bad. And I've said it once I'll say it again TEBOW WILL NOT BE A GREAT NFL QB. Colt McCoy dunno. Bradford. Maybe.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post

And why would SF do the trade? Why wouldn't they just wait for next year when the amazing Tim Tebow is available?
                  ZOMG TEBOW+DAVIS OPTION=WORLD EXPLODES!!! lol.

Comment

I'd like the idea of going after Elvis Dumervil if he becomes available in the Broncos switch to a 3-4. Not really sure how much he'd cost, but I'd be open to negotiate for him.

Comment

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                      I'd like the idea of going after Elvis Dumervil if he becomes available in the Broncos switch to a 3-4. Not really sure how much he'd cost, but I'd be open to negotiate for him.
                      I <3 Dummerville
                      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

It's going to be near impossible to move that #1 pick. Stranger things have happened but I just don't see it this year. Now with that #20 pick there are some teams that might look to go RB there and Detroit could get some nice compenstation.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                          I <3 Dummerville
                          Me to Dummerville is a beast

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post

Tim Tebow makes you a better person merely by being within close proximity. And his tears cure cancer.

Comment

Dumervil is 5-11!

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                              I <3 Dummerville
                              http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...s_defensi.html

Cunningham was asked whether he believed all of the Lions defenders were undersized.

"Yeah. When I look at them, they're on the shorter side," he said.

Dumervil is 5-11 fellas.

Elvis has left the building ...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information