Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Lions !!!!!!!! What do you think they should do with the 1,20 and 33 pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1a. Stafford i really dont think i need an explanation here.

1b. Peria Jerry build the trenches

2. Best OT. Im starting to think Andre Smith may be here and if he is we better take him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      #1 Matt Stafford- Our QB's have been awful for what seems like forever. I think we need someone who can be our QB for the next 10-12 years. I think he is the best QB in the draft. Having Stafford is definitely something to get excited about.

What makes LT more of a need than QB for us?
      I also think Stafford is the best QB in the draft, but I don't think he is good enough to warrent the #1 pick. It is my opinion that with the amount of money you have to invest in a qb at that pick, he better be far and away the best player in the draft. I don't think Stafford is this. I think LT is a bigger need because regardless of who our qb is, they are not going to be very sucessful running for their life or on their back.

Comment

I hope the Lion draft NMUburner at 33, you can have the power running of Smith and the spped NMUburner.

I think at 1 the go LT, 20 they Dtackle if they can, if not then WR. And then with 33 pick they go Qb maybe line again, get a guard/center.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions2342 View Post
          I also think Stafford is the best QB in the draft, but I don't think he is good enough to warrent the #1 pick. It is my opinion that with the amount of money you have to invest in a qb at that pick, he better be far and away the best player in the draft. I don't think Stafford is this. I think LT is a bigger need because regardless of who our qb is, they are not going to be very sucessful running for their life or on their back.
          I looked up the contracts of the last two #1 picks, one was a quarterback and the other a left tackle. Russell signed a 6-year 68 million dollar contract with 31.5 guaranteed. Long signed a 5-year 57.5 million dollar with 30 million guaranteed. Basically the same contract, and with the economy the way it is it would be difficult to see a huge jump in the number. So the reasoning of it being to much money to draft a QB is bull.

Comment

I really liked what I saw of Sean Smith at the combine. If Vontae wasn't available at #20, I'd really look at Smith there. I can't get away from Duke Robinson at #33 though.
            [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

sean smith is a stud. i'm sure he'd learn alot going up against calvin everyday too.
              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by TheDoctor8 View Post
                I looked up the contracts of the last two #1 picks, one was a quarterback and the other a left tackle. Russell signed a 6-year 68 million dollar contract with 31.5 guaranteed. Long signed a 5-year 57.5 million dollar with 30 million guaranteed. Basically the same contract, and with the economy the way it is it would be difficult to see a huge jump in the number. So the reasoning of it being to much money to draft a QB is bull.
                You are right, it's virtually the same contract, but Russell was picked the year before Long and he still makes more. The number 1 pick usually makes more than the pick in the previous year. Matt Ryan was the Number 3 pick and he had a 6-year 72 million dollar contract with 34.75 guaranteed, while the year before Joe Thomas signed a 5-year 43 million dollar contract with 24 Million guaranteed. This will be the contract that Stafford will base his off of. Plus, add in the fact that he will be the number #1 pick not the 3rd and it will be a little higher.

The economy could have a factor in how much the pick gets, but it also could not. I honestly don't see Matthew Stafford settling for less because of the bad economy. Whoever we pick, we better get them signed before the draft to ensure they will be in camp. A holdout would be AWFUL!!

I agree with the rest. Sean Smith is a stud. He seemed like he was all over the field against Alabama. I wouldn't mind taking a look at him.

Comment

You would think that Stafford and his agent would be smart enough to see the benefits of signing a early contract like Ryan. Then look what happen to J. Russell and how much it killed his rookie year. He is going to want to start (every player does) and he knows any chance of him starting as a rookie must come without a holdout.

Comment

1. Stafford or Raji.
                    20. Andre Smith (That's right I said it)
                    33. Best CB available
                    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

There's a group mock draft going on in the "mock draft" forum (go figure) and I'm picking for the Lions.

So far I've done the following:

#1 Matthew Stafford

*Trade: Detroit trades #20,#82 and #129 to San Fran for #10*

#10 Andre Smith

Thoughts so far?
                      [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

This are my moves so far in a mock offseason (another site)

I've signed QB Jeff Garcia, WR Malcom Floyd, LT Jordon Gross, SS Sean Jones

Traded for DE Jamaal Anderson - gave up a 6th and moved back to #24

I've drafted Stafford, Peria Jerry, and Percy Harvin

Comment

Hey guys.. I'm a Packer fan, but I'm interested in what you all think the Lions would/should do. After seeing some flashes from Culpepper and his restructured deal don't you think they should go LB/OT with their 1st pick and possibly wait until next draft for their franchise QB? I mean with Bradford, McCoy, maybe Tim Tebow, and some other names, coming in, won't next draft give them a couple more QB's to look at? Either that or sit and hope Sanchez falls?

I was listening to Mcshay and Mel Kiper battling back and forth on their PodCast the other day with Kiper saying boom yes take Stafford, and McShay saying build from within and passon Stafford...

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
                            There's a group mock draft going on in the "mock draft" forum (go figure) and I'm picking for the Lions.

So far I've done the following:

#1 Matthew Stafford

*Trade: Detroit trades #20,#82 and #129 to San Fran for #10*

#10 Andre Smith

Thoughts so far?
                            Honestly after the combine I wouldn't trade up for Andre Smith.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

1. Matt Stafford
                              20. Rey Maualuga, Any Cornerback, Larry English, Aaron Maybin, Peria Jerry.. Basically, Best Defensive Player available.
                              33. Duke Robinson, Shawn Nelson, or Best Defensive Player Available

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information