Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Lions !!!!!!!! What do you think they should do with the 1,20 and 33 pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Detroit Lions !!!!!!!! What do you think they should do with the 1,20 and 33 pick

    Heres what my Lions should do:

    1. Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forrest.

    Coach Jim would have his Keith Bulluck...to team up with Ernie Sims....Curry is a guy who can stop the run...defend the pass...and cover a tight end or running back if need be...He can chase down anyone from behind and hes an intimidating presence and a leader on the field..And he brings the lumber when he hits. He alone automatically makes the Lions defense better.

    20. Michael Oher , OT, Ole Miss.

    He dissapointed at the combine....ans far as his forty and bench press which means he will free fall in the draft. At 20 if Oher is on the board its a no brainer..He looked like a natural during all the drills though.....And he should hold up fine at LT...and with Raiola at center, Backus at gurad and Gosder at RT...the last piece is a guard.

    33. Rey Maualuga , ILB, USC.

    I kow what your thinking...NO WAY IN HELL HE DROPS THIS FAR....But he ran poorly...has HUGE chracter concerns and I dont think many teams will want to take him high and give alot of guranteed cash to this headache....Which bolds well for the Lions who basically have 3 first round picks...Rey is explosive in the run game....can intercept passes...he can rush the passer...hes just a mean nasty guy on the field..he hits to send a message....and I mean lets face it....A linebacking corp with Ernie Sims at Outside, Maualuga in the middle, and Aaron Curry on the outside would be down right DEADLY.

    Witht the rest of the Lons picks they should draft a cornerback, wide receiver, safety, running back, and defensive line.


    University of Michigan

    RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

  • #2
    Rey Maualuga won't fall that far.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Legend View Post
      Rey Maualuga won't fall that far.
      If hes not there....Laurenitis will be.


      University of Michigan

      RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

      Comment


      • #4
        They won't draft 2 linebackers out of their first 3 picks. For a team that went 0-16 they have much bigger needs. I would say they will try to fill quarterback, tackle, linebacker, and corners witt one of the picks. They they will take the best player available after they draft their biggest need, and identity at qaurterback.

        1. Stafford
        2. Oher
        3. Laurentis or Alphonso Smith/DJ Moore

        Comment


        • #5
          That would be great to add talent at those positions of need, but what about quarterback? They have holes at LB but I doubt they take 2 with their first 3 picks because they have so many other needs. Curry-Maualuga-Sims would be a crazy LB corps but they can't afford to take 2 LBs with their first 3 picks.

          Comment


          • #6
            1. Stafford
            20. Andre Smith/Michael Oher
            33. Connor Barwin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NMUBurner22 View Post
              Heres what my Lions should do:

              1. Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forrest.

              Coach Jim would have his Keith Bulluck...to team up with Ernie Sims....Curry is a guy who can stop the run...defend the pass...and cover a tight end or running back if need be...He can chase down anyone from behind and hes an intimidating presence and a leader on the field..And he brings the lumber when he hits. He alone automatically makes the Lions defense better.

              20. Michael Oher , OT, Ole Miss.

              He dissapointed at the combine....ans far as his forty and bench press which means he will free fall in the draft. At 20 if Oher is on the board its a no brainer..He looked like a natural during all the drills though.....And he should hold up fine at LT...and with Raiola at center, Backus at gurad and Gosder at RT...the last piece is a guard.

              33. Rey Maualuga , ILB, USC.

              I kow what your thinking...NO WAY IN HELL HE DROPS THIS FAR....But he ran poorly...has HUGE chracter concerns and I dont think many teams will want to take him high and give alot of guranteed cash to this headache....Which bolds well for the Lions who basically have 3 first round picks...Rey is explosive in the run game....can intercept passes...he can rush the passer...hes just a mean nasty guy on the field..he hits to send a message....and I mean lets face it....A linebacking corp with Ernie Sims at Outside, Maualuga in the middle, and Aaron Curry on the outside would be down right DEADLY.

              Witht the rest of the Lons picks they should draft a cornerback, wide receiver, safety, running back, and defensive line.
              Um what happened to Jordon Dizon? Two linebackers early in the draft is highly unlikely imo

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NMUBurner22 View Post
                If hes not there....Laurenitis will be.
                Soooooooo you think there is only one team in the first round that needs a middle linebacker?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by benjamink15 View Post
                  Um what happened to Jordon Dizon? Two linebackers early in the draft is highly unlikely imo
                  Dizon, Paris Lenon are crap.

                  Who cares who the previous regime drafted..this is Mayhews and Jims team now.


                  University of Michigan

                  RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                    Soooooooo you think there is only one team in the first round that needs a middle linebacker?
                    Ofcourse not..but Maualauga and Laurenittis did not help themselves at all.


                    University of Michigan

                    RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tolnaballa View Post
                      They won't draft 2 linebackers out of their first 3 picks. For a team that went 0-16 they have much bigger needs. I would say they will try to fill quarterback, tackle, linebacker, and corners witt one of the picks. They they will take the best player available after they draft their biggest need, and identity at qaurterback.

                      1. Stafford
                      2. Oher
                      3. Laurentis or Alphonso Smith/DJ Moore
                      Im loving the ASlphonso Smith/ DJ Moore picks.....at 33 especially.


                      University of Michigan

                      RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I guess personally this is what I feel they should do.

                        #1: Matt Stafford - grabbing a top QB prospect is something I don't think the Lions can turn down. And as much as people keep saying that the Lions are a terrible situation for a young QB to go to I disagree. They have an elite WR, a good young RB and a solid young possesion WR.

                        They could use a TE, an OT and a guard but that really isn't too far off once they get that all-important signal caller.

                        #20: Big Board (based solely on guys who I think could realistically be there so no BJ Raji or Eugene Monroe here)
                        1. Mike Oher - They could really use an OT and many think Oher's slipping. If Oher falls this far he would be a steal.
                        2. Andre Smith - Another OT who might be slipping but i still love. If he doesn't end up being a good LT he should still make an excellent guard and the Lions need help inside too.
                        3. Rey Maualuga - A big thumper that they could use in the middle of their defense. Should be a good fit for the new defensive scheme they plan on running.
                        4. DJ Moore - IMO the second best coverman available. He would give the Lions a playmaker in the secondary and a huge boost to their return game as well.
                        5. Vontae Davis - If Moore is off the board I think that Davis might be good value at this spot as well.

                        #33 Big Board (would also obviously depend alot on who was chosen at #20)
                        1. William Beatty - If they still haven't gotten their OT of the future Beatty would be a nice choice here.
                        2. Eben Britton - Ditto above.
                        3. Alphonso Smith - A talented corner that could help out from day one.
                        4. Michael Johnson - A bit of an enigma due to the accusations that he doesn't play hard every down, but has the tools to give the Lions a much needed pass rusher.
                        5. Jared Cook - Not a true need but a TE weapon like Cook would really open things up for CJ and Kevin Smith and would give their young franchise QB a nice safety valve.
                        10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Lions are not taking Stafford number 1....UNLESS he looks ike Petyon Manning at his pro day other then that its Aaron Curry or Jason Smith from Baylor.

                          They moved Backus from LT to LG.

                          They are cutting Kitna March 3rd....Keeping Stanton and Orlovsky is testing free agency.

                          They re did Culpeppers deal....Michael Furry already told the radio stations that the team informed them that Daunete would be the starter.

                          All that set ups for them to take a LT.....or best player in the draft which is Aaron Curry.

                          Freeman or Sanchez is a possiblity in the first round...but not at 1.


                          University of Michigan

                          RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Solomon View Post
                            I guess personally this is what I feel they should do.

                            #1: Matt Stafford - grabbing a top QB prospect is something I don't think the Lions can turn down. And as much as people keep saying that the Lions are a terrible situation for a young QB to go to I disagree. They have an elite WR, a good young RB and a solid young possesion WR.

                            They could use a TE, an OT and a guard but that really isn't too far off once they get that all-important signal caller.

                            #20: Big Board (based solely on guys who I think could realistically be there so no BJ Raji or Eugene Monroe here)
                            1. Mike Oher - They could really use an OT and many think Oher's slipping. If Oher falls this far he would be a steal.
                            2. Andre Smith - Another OT who might be slipping but i still love. If he doesn't end up being a good LT he should still make an excellent guard and the Lions need help inside too.
                            3. Rey Maualuga - A big thumper that they could use in the middle of their defense. Should be a good fit for the new defensive scheme they plan on running.
                            4. DJ Moore - IMO the second best coverman available. He would give the Lions a playmaker in the secondary and a huge boost to their return game as well.
                            5. Vontae Davis - If Moore is off the board I think that Davis might be good value at this spot as well.

                            #33 Big Board (would also obviously depend alot on who was chosen at #20)
                            1. William Beatty - If they still haven't gotten their OT of the future Beatty would be a nice choice here.
                            2. Eben Britton - Ditto above.
                            3. Alphonso Smith - A talented corner that could help out from day one.
                            4. Michael Johnson - A bit of an enigma due to the accusations that he doesn't play hard every down, but has the tools to give the Lions a much needed pass rusher.
                            5. Jared Cook - Not a true need but a TE weapon like Cook would really open things up for CJ and Kevin Smith and would give their young franchise QB a nice safety valve.

                            Man down here in Detroit they are talking about Raji , Curry or Jason Smith.

                            But they ahve been meeting with Stafford.....

                            The only way Im cool with them taking Stafford is if we can keep him off his back...or he will be the next David Carr and Alex Smith....a good QB inc olege who played behind terrible lines in the pros.


                            University of Michigan

                            RichRod will win the Big Ten title.....You watch.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NMUBurner22 View Post
                              The Lions are not taking Stafford number 1....UNLESS he looks ike Petyon Manning at his pro day other then that its Aaron Curry or Jason Smith from Baylor.

                              They moved Backus from LT to LG.

                              They are cutting Kitna March 3rd....Keeping Stanton and Orlovsky is testing free agency.

                              They re did Culpeppers deal....Michael Furry already told the radio stations that the team informed them that Daunete would be the starter.

                              All that set ups for them to take a LT.....or best player in the draft which is Aaron Curry.

                              Freeman or Sanchez is a possiblity in the first round...but not at 1.
                              I dunno. I realize that Culpepper will be the starting QB in September but they still need a long term solution and it would be wise to have Stafford sit for a year anyway. If Culpepper and Stanton are staying and Kitna and Orlovsky are leaving doesn't that open up a QB spot?

                              I agree that they should go BPA, but Stafford just might be the BPA in this draft. I certainly don't think Jason Smith is the best player in this draft, do you? Curry probably is but can they afford to grab a LB first overall?
                              10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information