No announcement yet.

Official Free Agency Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see Rogers with the Lions. What about taking a flier on DeAngelo Hall as well?

As for DT, I could see Terrance Taylor in the #82 hole if he's still on the board...
    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl

Smart money said two big corners -- Bryant McFadden and Domonique Foxworth -- were leaning toward signing with Detroit and Baltimore, respectively. The Ravens have a strong need at corner, and Foxworth, 26, would be a good opening building block.
      I would definitely take McFadden over Ken Lucas. Hope he signs!

Comment

I want to go on record now and say I dont want to give up any draft picks in trade for FA players. FA is weak sauce this year and we are not going anywhere with the roster we have. We need to build the team through the draft and FA should only be used to fill gaps.

I am glad we are out of the Hayneworth sweepstakes and the redskins are nuts paying him that contract. I like that we are going after CB, WR, OG this makes me think Stafford is the pick 1 and LB at 20. I would like to take a flyer for the right price on Tank johnson or Gravy Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
          http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ying_to_s.html

Trying to get a corner. Lito Sheppard, Shawntae Spencer, Stanford Routt and Carlos Rogers are the targets.
          I hope the Lions go after Carlos Rogers HEAVILY now. Before re-signing Hall and sub-sequently signing Fat Albert, the 'Skins only had about $6 mil in cap space. They must be close to $15 mil over the cap now...they obviously have to shed some serious salary, and they are fairly deep at CB.

Give the 'Skins an affordable mid-round pick and bring Carlos to Detroit!
          [

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
            I hope the Lions go after Carlos Rogers HEAVILY now. Before re-signing Hall and sub-sequently signing Fat Albert, the 'Skins only had about $6 mil in cap space. They must be close to $15 mil over the cap now...they obviously have to shed some serious salary, and they are fairly deep at CB.

Give the 'Skins an affordable mid-round pick and bring Carlos to Detroit!
            that'd be awesome. Rogers could really help us out.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by BcLion View Post
              I want to go on record now and say I dont want to give up any draft picks in trade for FA players. FA is weak sauce this year and we are not going anywhere with the roster we have. We need to build the team through the draft and FA should only be used to fill gaps.

I am glad we are out of the Hayneworth sweepstakes and the redskins are nuts paying him that contract. I like that we are going after CB, WR, OG this makes me think Stafford is the pick 1 and LB at 20. I would like to take a flyer for the right price on Tank johnson or Gravy Jackson.
              For the most part I agree. I really don't want to see us part with our first 5 picks. Under some circumstance it would be fine such as a Lito Shep.

Comment

I really think the Lions could get Lito for a 4th round pick, his value is at an all-time low.

If they could get Carlos Rogers for their early 3rd round pick, even though the Lions need their draft picks, I would seriously consider that. Rogers could be great in Schwartz's defense, the Redskins are stupid imo to pick Hall over him. Then again maybe they release the old veteran Shawn Springs instead.

Plus the Lions did get an extra pick in both the 3rd and 4rd rounds, thanks to the Roy Williams trade, right? That could prove helpful.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  I really think the Lions could get Lito for a 4th round pick, his value is at an all-time low.

If they could get Carlos Rogers for their early 3rd round pick, even though the Lions need their draft picks, I would seriously consider that. Rogers could be great in Schwartz's defense, the Redskins are stupid imo to pick Hall over him. Then again maybe they release the old veteran Shawn Springs instead.

Plus the Lions did get an extra pick in both the 3rd and 4rd rounds, thanks to the Roy Williams trade, right? That could prove helpful.

Saw on Mlive that Ron Bartell, Bryan McFadden and Nate Washington were planning on visting. And Skins released Shawn Springs so most likely no, Carlos Rogers trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                    Saw on Mlive that Ron Bartell, Bryan McFadden and Nate Washington were planning on visting. And Skins released Shawn Springs so most likely no, Carlos Rogers trade.
                    They're still going to have to make some more cuts or trades at some point, and they still have Hall, Smoot and Rogers at CB positions. Although I could see them cutting Smoot before trading Rogers, they might be convinced to trade Carlos for a third...we'll see anyways.
                    [

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post

1st and 3rd from Dallas, we dont have a 4th rounder this yr as we traded it away to Dallas during the draft last year.

Comment

You're right, Lions got a 1st, 3rd and a 6th. They give up a 7th.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Derrick Dockery visiting today.

http://davebirkett.blogspot.com/2009...-town-too.html

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyintheD View Post
                            That would be a welcome addition.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyintheD View Post
                              If we get Dockery, Washington and a CB i'd be so happy.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

good link:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...d_if_nate.html

I'd be interested in Dockery, I only question whether he can return to his form that he had with the Redskins a few years back or if he's lost his edge.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information