• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    WHat the hell!?

They're the Yankees of football.

How can they afford all this?
    Seriously. They drop 100 mil on Al and still can sign Dockery for 5/26 or whatever it was.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by familyguy555 View Post
      Seriously. They drop 100 mil on Al and still can sign Dockery for 5/26 or whatever it was.
      Let's not forget DeAngelo Hall's 50+ million.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Ha yeah I just remembered that after I posted that.

Unfair. Hopefully we can still grab Washington.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah how does Washington even have cap room. They're screwed for next year and 2011. Oh well, a guard in the draft like Canfield or LeVitre has a higher ceiling than Dockery. We could take Dockery's younger brother Cedric Dockery in Round 6 or undrafted.

Comment

What do you guys think about Galloway for the slot?

Comment

I guess earlier reports about Washington were wrong. Guess he went to visit his mum in Toledo. He doesn't have any other visits scheduled this weekend according to his agent. Good news? Sleeping on the offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin & Kevin View Post
                I wouldn't mind Darrell Jackson as a possible #2 receiver, we're going to need one
                You want receivers that can catch don't you?
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...huge_show.html

Groundbreaking stuff from Tom Kowalski here. He says that being 0-16 might be haunting us in Free Agency.

That guy is a clown.

Comment

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...2280382/&imw=Y

seems that we had a deal in place with Buffalo for Dockery but the Bills didnt file some paperwork on time so they had to release him instead to prevent from having to pay his roster bonus.

We are even unable to trade for castoffs.

Comment

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...82/1004/SPORTS

We all know by now the direction of "right guy right price" ... also that Dockery signed with the Redskins ... but I post this article for the insight of Washington's agent who said they might grab one (a QB) in the draft so I'm curious if they are selling Washington on Culpepper this season and Stafford for the future? Just some juice I wanted to throw out there. I really think Washington would be a solid #2 in the D ;o)
                      Also, Jabari Greer & Chris Carr would be fantastic additions (1 or both) at CB. Ron Bartell a CMU standout, would also be cool but he's getting the love from New Orleans.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                        http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...82/1004/SPORTS

We all know by now the direction of "right guy right price" ... also that Dockery signed with the Redskins ... but I post this article for the insight of Washington's agent who said they might grab one (a QB) in the draft so I'm curious if they are selling Washington on Culpepper this season and Stafford for the future? Just some juice I wanted to throw out there. I really think Washington would be a solid #2 in the D ;o)
                        Also, Jabari Greer & Chris Carr would be fantastic additions (1 or both) at CB. Ron Bartell a CMU standout, would also be cool but he's getting the love from New Orleans.
                        Bartell was not a CMU standout. These frickin' media people need to check there freekin' sources. Bartell signed with CMU out of Detroit Ren. but transferred to Howard where he played his remaining college career.
                        Last edited by woodnick; 02-28-2009, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Alright, so we got our backup RB, no Dockery and still have a chance with Washington.

It sounds like our backup plan to Nate Washington would be Michael Clayton, which if he can return to his rookie form (unlikely) we'd be getting a major steal.

Jabari Greer is rumored to be visiting sometime this weekend, but with out a set date that might just mean that we are the huge contingency plan for him, so we'll see.

Bryant McFadden is rumored to be receiving interest from the Lions, but I haven't read anywhere if that interest is mutual or not.

Carr is receiving interest and it is supposedly mutual, but when does he come to visit or start the negotiations to sign?

Does anybody know if we have made arrangements with other CBs or Gs? or for that matter FAs/trade offers?

I also just read that Lito is traded to the Jets for a 2009 5th round pick and a conditional 2010 picks, could be a 2nd - 4th, so no chance at trading for him now, not to say we wanted to or not.
                          Last edited by woodnick; 02-28-2009, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                            It sounds like our backup plan to Nate Washington would be Michael Clayton, which if he can return to his rookie form (unlikely) we'd be getting a major steal.

Jabari Greer is rumored to be visiting sometime this weekend, but with out a set date that might just mean that we are the huge contingency plan for him, so we'll see.

Bryant McFadden is rumored to be receiving interest from the Lions, but I haven't read anywhere if that interest is mutual or not.

Carr is receiving interest and it is supposedly mutual, but when does he come to visit or start the negotiations to sign?

Does anybody know if we have made arrangements with other CBs or Gs? or for that matter FAs/trade offers?

I also just read that Lito is traded to the Jets for a 2009 5th round pick and a conditional 2010 picks, could be a 2nd - 4th, so no chance at trading for him now, not to say we wanted to or not.
                            It sounds like you have all the same free agency notes that I've picked up so I can't add any tid bits for you. Pete Kendall is a guy I could see us adding.

Comment

Washington was $8.1 under the cap before they released Springs and signed Hall, Haynesworth and Dockery. Springs' and Dockery's contracts basically offset one another, Hall probably goes for somewhere around $7 against the cap and then Haynesworth...so the Skins definately are going to be shedding some more salary.

Anyways, although I was freaking out slightly yesterday with the lack of signings by Detroit, they seem to following their gameplan of finding second-tier role players through FA and then looking for their stars through the draft.

The next couple of weeks will be interesting imo.
                              [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
                                Washington was $8.1 under the cap before they released Springs and signed Hall, Haynesworth and Dockery. Springs' and Dockery's contracts basically offset one another, Hall probably goes for somewhere around $7 against the cap and then Haynesworth...so the Skins definately are going to be shedding some more salary.

Anyways, although I was freaking out slightly yesterday with the lack of signings by Detroit, they seem to following their gameplan of finding second-tier role players through FA and then looking for their stars through the draft.

The next couple of weeks will be interesting imo.
                                I know that their LT and a dlinemen restructured their contracts for the Skins as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information