Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Lucas says "no" to Lions

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/26/luca...-could-be-cut/

Could the Lions be tipping their hand a bit when it comes to the looming free agency period? How many other vets will decline to speak to the Lions. Everyone has high hopes of Haynesworth or Warner or Bart Scott, ect. But who is realistically going to want to play for this team, honestly?

Originally posted by styles04 View Post
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/26/luca...-could-be-cut/

Could the Lions be tipping their hand a bit when it comes to the looming free agency period? How many other vets will decline to speak to the Lions. Everyone has high hopes of Haynesworth or Warner or Bart Scott, ect. But who is realistically going to want to play for this team, honestly?
    Yup, thats the question indeed. Thats why the draft is important this year more than most.

BTW, before they got Pennington post-Favre trade, does anyone remember who t he Dolphins got in free agency? I'm guessing they got shunned as much as we will this year.

Comment

They were able to do a bit just because of the fact they had Parcells.

Comment

Dolphins got Smiley as their big name guy, traded for some Parcell guys on draft day(Ayodele and Fasano) and got Ernest Wilford. No real other moves were made. Could have been made maybe because of Parcells, we don't have a Parcells. Dolphins were really lucky to get Pennington and then have Pennington play that well until the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
          Dolphins got Smiley as their big name guy, traded for some Parcell guys on draft day(Ayodele and Fasano) and got Ernest Wilford. No real other moves were made. Could have been made maybe because of Parcells, we don't have a Parcells. Dolphins were really lucky to get Pennington and then have Pennington play that well until the playoffs.
          True. The Bill Parcells thing bumped their credibility up beyond our Martin Mayhew credibility bump (or nudge rather). Ahh....its going to be an interesting off season. This kinda reminds me of the Tigers right before they got IROD. They couldn't sign anyone but the old and desperate (i.e. IROD).

Comment

Whoop, Ken's past his prime and nothing special anymore. I'm glad his douchebag ass declined it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Whoop, Ken's past his prime and nothing special anymore. I'm glad his douchebag ass declined it.
              True, but it's still a bad sign that players are actually avoiding even talking to us. Luckily all Haynesworth cares about is money, so we should be at least talk to him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

still a bad sign before we even enter FA

Comment

The thing that concerns me the most is the fact they are actively seaking to trade for a CB. We cannot afford to give up draft picks when we are so far from competeing it wont matter who we trade for. I can live with a couple more crappy years if the future is drafting the right players and developing them. Please dont trade our draft for crappy one or two year gap old players.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    True, but it's still a bad sign that players are actually avoiding even talking to us. Luckily all Haynesworth cares about is money, so we should be at least talk to him.
                    Scratch that, I forgot about Snyder's deep pockets.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information