Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bly "unhappy" about Denver trade... HAHA!...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bly "unhappy" about Denver trade... HAHA!...

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...04/1048/SPORTS

NOTEBOOK: Cornerback Dre’ Bly is unhappy the Lions traded him to Denver because he wanted to go to Washington, sources said. Bly is from Chesapeake, Va., and the Redskins were offering him a contract extension while the Broncos were not. The Redskins were offering cornerback Shawn Springs to the Lions. Though the Lions were interested, they preferred the Broncos’ package of running back Tatum Bell, offensive lineman George Foster and a fifth-round draft pick for Bly and a sixth-rounder. Bly and his agent, Kennard McGuire, could not be reached for comment. …
    Good. I'm not usually bitter, but i'm glad "Mr. Bly" didn't get his way. He wanted out and he got out.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Shawn Springs for Dre Bly. Now there would have been some pitchforks raised after that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
      Shawn Springs for Dre Bly. Now there would have been some pitchforks raised after that one.
      Haha... I would've been furious.

So far, it seems like they've gotten players that WANT to be here. White/Curtis want to be here for Marinelli/Martz, and the rookies will want to be here to turn it around.

I like the direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        ain't nothin' better than a good ole riot with them pitchforks and torches every now and again.

But yeah, Springs for Bly would have been one crappy player for another. We got much better value out of this trade with Denver.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

shawn springs still plays? wow what is he now 38? something about those redskin cornerbacks i mean darrell green played till he was 54

Comment

Originally posted by jbombul View Post
            shawn springs still plays? wow what is he now 38? something about those redskin cornerbacks i mean darrell green played till he was 54
            Haha... GREAT! At least we're not in that division... I would hate to watch Bly for another 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
              Haha... GREAT! At least we're not in that division... I would hate to watch Bly for another 20 years.
              I'd love to see him play in a Vikes jersey. Getting owned by Roy Williams twice a year, every year. That'd be a sight for sore eyes.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                I'd love to see him play in a Vikes jersey. Getting owned by Roy Williams twice a year, every year. That'd be a sight for sore eyes.
                At least wait until Kitna leaves for that. The thought of Bly returning a Kitna throw for a TD kinda makes me sick.

Comment

At least wait until Kitna leaves for that. The thought of Bly returning a Kitna throw for a TD kinda makes me sick.
                  You know, I hate it when you're right.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

You know, I hate it when you're right.
                    That's strange... I seem to enjoy it.

Har har har.

Comment

That's strange... I seem to enjoy it.

Har har har.
                      Har Har Har. You sound like a pirate now.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Yeah... he got what he deserved. He had no leverage nor did he even come out and say he wanted to get traded to a particular place (that I know of).

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Har Har Har. You sound like a pirate now.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
                          Hehe...

He was also negative in the locker room...

if hell had a team, I would've sent him there.

Comment

Hehe...

He was also negative in the locker room...

if hell had a team, I would've sent him there.
                            If hell had a team... they'd probably have some nasty guys playing for them... Haynesworth comes to mind. Pacman would be another one. Probably a few busts who set their team back (Ryan Leaf?) and probably both McQuistan brothers, because they're just so damn ugly.

Wow. Hell's Angels (of course their team name would be the 'angels' sarcasm is for the devil). Imagine the roughing penalties. They'd have to constantly sign players out of FA just to keep their roster full, with all the suspensions and arrests those guys would have to put up with.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

If hell had a team... they'd probably have some nasty guys playing for them... Haynesworth comes to mind. Pacman would be another one. Probably a few busts who set their team back (Ryan Leaf?) and probably both McQuistan brothers, because they're just so damn ugly.

Wow. Hell's Angels (of course their team name would be the 'angels' sarcasm is for the devil). Imagine the roughing penalties. They'd have to constantly sign players out of FA just to keep their roster full, with all the suspensions and arrests those guys would have to put up with.
                              That's not nice to say about the Bengals... only a few players ruin it for the rest of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information