Rod Marinelli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Marinelli

What do you guys think of him after his first year as head coach? And also, from what you guys know, how much does he affect what players are drafted/signed?

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
    What do you guys think of him after his first year as head coach? And also, from what you guys know, how much does he affect what players are drafted/signed?
    I think he is a complete genius. Hes taken the Lions' franchise and basically told all the whiners/complainers/babies to leave. He's drafting smart, hard-working players that fit what HE wants on the defense (hence the "reach" for Sims). He wont take "no" and wont stand for complaining.

You can see how past players want to play for him. He works the players hard... all season... and the players finally come around and see the end product.

[bad word] James Hall, [bad word] Dre' Bly and [bad word] every other player that couldn't take "hard work". Marinelli knows what he wants and he'll get it.

Phew... there's the rant.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Untill he actually wins more than 3-4 games I don't think you can put genius and Marinelli in the same paragraph. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Millen drafted and signed a bunch of turds and that something needed to be done.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Untill he actually wins more than 3-4 games I don't think you can put genius and Marinelli in the same paragraph. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Millen drafted and signed a bunch of turds and that something needed to be done.
        lovie smith went 5-11 his first season. im sure u love what hes done with the bears. i dont think its that far of a reach to put 8-10 wins in the lions range if they continue how they are doing in free agency and have a very successful draft. marinelli knows what hes doing, theres no doubt about that, he just has to help get the talented players in to complete his vision, and it starts by aiding matt millen in every decision he makes.

Comment

I wouldn't have called Lovie a genius after that first season. In fact, I still wouldn't.

And it is definately a very far reach to think the Lions will win 10 games. Very far.

I'm curious as to what empircal evidence that either of you have that Marinelli knows what he's doing other than the fact that you're Lions fans and you want him to? I'm not saying he doesn't, but you can't make this determinations right now because there isn't enough to judge.

Like I said, any idiot in the world knew that the Lions were full of bums that needed to be cut. That doesn't make him a genius.

Comment

I wouldn't have called Lovie a genius after that first season. In fact, I still wouldn't.

And it is definately a very far reach to think the Lions will win 10 games. Very far.

I'm curious as to what empircal evidence that either of you have that Marinelli knows what he's doing other than the fact that you're Lions fans and you want him to? I'm not saying he doesn't, but you can't make this determinations right now because there isn't enough to judge.

Like I said, any idiot in the world knew that the Lions were full of bums that needed to be cut. That doesn't make him a genius.
            I love Bearsfans.

What is he doing? Pissing the players off. Working their asses off for the ENTIRE season and watching them ***** and moan. He's also getting the right players for the team... players that wont ***** and moan and players that want to play hard. Turning a franchise around isn't just about the players... its about the mentality.

Why do I consider him a genius? Because it took 3 coaches to realize what actually works. The last two coaches sat back and pampered the players... Marinelli stuck a foot in their ass. As a fan, thats what I want to see happen.

You want evidence? Heres the evidence: players complaining in pre-season workouts, starters playing on special teams (which didn't happen before), stupid, lazy vetrans requesting trades and drafting Sims last year at #9. He knows what he wants for HIS team and he'll get it.

Lovie Smith's Bears were at a better point than Marinelli's Lions were. You can't even begin to argue that.

(Note: you claimed that "any idiot in the world knew that the Lions were full of bums...". Interesting. Any idiot in the world also knew that Grossman is a pathetically horrible QB, yet your coach still thought he could win a big game. Funny stuff. And, no... as Rick Reilly said... you didn't win 15 games "with" Rex... you won 15 games in spite of Rex.)

Comment

I think a more accurate comment would be.

"Compared to the last few coaches, Marinelli is a genius".

Any logical person would have done the same thing Marinelli has done, unfortunately you have a GM that took numerous tries before finding that person.

By the way, your comments about the Bears are both out of place and laughable. This has nothing to do with the Bears, and if it did, someone that is a fan of a team that has never won is in no way qualified to make comments as such. Our season last year is better than any the Lions have had since Eisenhower was President.

Comment

Any logical person would have done the same thing Marinelli has done, unfortunately you have a GM that took numerous tries before finding that person.

By the way, your comments about the Bears are both out of place and laughable. This has nothing to do with the Bears, and if it did, someone that is a fan of a team that has never won is in no way qualified to make comments as such. Our season last year is better than any the Lions have had since Eisenhower was President.
                He simply stated that the Bears were in a far stronger position when Lovie took control than the Lions were when Rod (what kind of parent names it's kid 'rod' anyway?) took over.

And your season last year was better than the bears had in quite some time as well. Best start since '85, if I am not mistaken.

Anyways. I like what Marinelli is doing and I hope he keeps it up, bringing quality players without a big mouth and bigger ego to Detroit will get us going in the right direction.

And was it him or Millen who got CRog cut? Anyway the one who did that deserves a prize. Don't care what kind of prize, any prize will do.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

My comments about the Bears are true, and are just as reasonable (if not more reasonable) than yours. It isn't unreasonable for star players to get special treatment... it happens all over the league. Marinelli is one of the few coaches that doesn't put up with it. And, I like the fact that he doesn't.

News flash: this is an internet forum. I am "qualified" to make any comment that i'd like to make. If a Lions fan isn't qualified to make comments, why'd you post in the Lions discussion thread? Great point. Get over yourself and your "Would-Be-Average-In-The-AFC" team... any fan is entitled to make any comment that he'd like to.

Why don't you stick to the Bears' threads? At least there you'll have other "my-team-is-the-best-of-the-worst" fans to pat you on the back and support your ridiculous comments.

Comment

I don't like him since he opted not to coach at the Senior Bowl.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      I don't like him since he opted not to coach at the Senior Bowl.
                      That's it? Wow.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        That's it? Wow.
                        No, not really. I am undecided thus far. A 3-13 record did little to convince me to like him though.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          No, not really. I am undecided thus far. A 3-13 record did little to convince me to like him though.
                          The Bly trade... the cutting of CRog... the bitching from the player of "working too hard"... and the drafting of Sims... that convinced me so far. If he finds a way to draft Willis, i'll worship him. Oh yes... worship.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                            The Bly trade... the cutting of CRog... the bitching from the player of "working too hard"... and the drafting of Sims... that convinced me so far. If he finds a way to draft Willis, i'll worship him. Oh yes... worship.
                            Be honest. You've already built him a shrine in your bedroom.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              Be honest. You've already built him a shrine in your bedroom.
                              Bedroom? I built his shrine in the "Marinelli" room...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information