Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grady Jackson to sign with Detroit (pending physical)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grady Jackson to sign with Detroit (pending physical)

http://www.freep.com/article/2009030...after+physical

Should be a very good signing. He'll eat up blockers and allow Ernie Sims to make plays.

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009030...after+physical

Should be a very good signing. He'll eat up blockers and allow Ernie Sims to make plays.
    I like it! I'm not sure who, but somebody called this in another thread and I give them props!

Grady should be a big addition, both litterally and figuritively(sp?) speaking. He should give us a little flexibility with drafting a NT type of player and let him learn/get stronger while playing as a rotational player.

One guy that I really like for that role and who would be a 2nd pick would be Sammie Lee Hill, from Stillman. I like this guys size and I've read that he gots a good motor.

Comment

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...9&postcount=21

Comment

A multi-year deal for a NT who is already 36...that is my only problem with the signing if he passes the physical.

Comment

Good signing for a year or two...should help out quite a bit. Hopefully Redding really benefits from this too.
          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The goods with Grady is you know what you are going to be getting. Plus the fans love a fat guy.

Comment

I signed Grady Jackson as a Free Agent in the Expansion Forum Mock that we did back in mid January. I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                I signed Grady Jackson as a Free Agent in the Expansion Forum Mock that we did back in mid January. I win.
                pooey head.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                  A multi-year deal for a NT who is already 36...that is my only problem with the signing if he passes the physical.
                  Thats a big if. :)

At the very least he is a goalline artery clogger, but I worry about his age. I would love to have Grady Jackson in 2005, but now... I just hope he isn't Darby 2.0.

Comment

Your draft is shaping up in terms of positions you'll look at...

QB, LB, CB, OT, TE...
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

BTW, does anyone know if Grady was a full time DT last year? Or if he came out only on certain downs? I thought he was a special situation type player when he was with Green Bay and with his age I imagine he might not be in on definite passing downs.

Just curious what kind of roll he is capable of at 36. I do like the signing depending on expectations. I'm a big fan of the fat-guy DT.

Comment

Originally posted by tblain1 View Post
                        BTW, does anyone know if Grady was a full time DT last year? Or if he came out only on certain downs? I thought he was a special situation type player when he was with Green Bay and with his age I imagine he might not be in on definite passing downs.

Just curious what kind of roll he is capable of at 36. I do like the signing depending on expectations. I'm a big fan of the fat-guy DT.
                        Good question and I dont know the answer, but I do know that Atlanta was really happy with the way Babineaux played next to him so hopefully he can help Redding regain his pre-contract form.

Comment

Grady was used on running downs only

Comment

Good I like it. I think this gives a DT such as Hood or Jerry more flexibility as well. This signing can give our D-Line multiple looks, and I think add a little value to a rookie DT.

Comment

Hopefully it increases the chances of us picking a LB at #20 or #33.

I think the Lions are viewing him as a starter though.. That would be a mistake, I like him as a situational/rotational guy.. but I'm not gonna tire him out, he's old AND fat AND has bad knees.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information