X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

staffords pro day is march 19

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
      I expect that Mayhew has already made up his mind to draft Stafford and simply isn't interested in anybody else. It's sad because he has no fall back position if Stafford bombs at his pro day. It just isn't smart to not check out the top 5 guys throughly to keep your options open.
      Why would Stafford bomb at his pro day and why should the Lions have a big change of heart if he did. Up to March 19th he is their favorite for the #1 pick, but they should throw away all the tape, interviews and everything else they have on Stafford for a pro day? Please. If Mayhew doesn't have a backup plan, it's because he's smart enough to know Stafford won't suddenly forget how to throw at his pro day.

Comment

trent williams in 2010
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          Why would Stafford bomb at his pro day and why should the Lions have a big change of heart if he did. Up to March 19th he is their favorite for the #1 pick, but they should throw away all the tape, interviews and everything else they have on Stafford for a pro day? Please. If Mayhew doesn't have a backup plan, it's because he's smart enough to know Stafford won't suddenly forget how to throw at his pro day.
          I think Mayhew does have a backup plan to Stafford. It's Aaron Curry. The pick should be Stafford with no regards to the pro day.

Comment

I agree, all the 'stafford won't start from day one'-talk is just BS. Lions can't do worse tahn last year, so they may want to start rebuilding rahter than some far-fetched Kirwan pipe dream.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

stafford won't need a full year to sit. he can start midseason. the only reason we'd keep him on the bench would be our horrible pass protection. with actual coaching and quicker decisions by the qb i believe that should be better this year. that being said, if daunte can't beat him out then he should re retire.
              SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Duke Robinson at #33 please.
                [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He might not need a full year to sit.. but I'll keep him on the bench as long as possible. I wouldn't want him to pick up some bad tendencies playing behind our below average OL.

Comment

I think you can always find a decent LT or linebacker in any draft, but you would be hard pressed to find a player as good as Stafford in any draft. Maybe 1-2 times a decade you find a Cutler or a Stafford. The rest of the time, you get players like Harrington, Shuler, Alex Smith, and Sam Bradford.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 Fingers of Death View Post
                      I think you can always find a decent LT or linebacker in any draft, but you would be hard pressed to find a player as good as Stafford in any draft. Maybe 1-2 times a decade you find a Cutler or a Stafford. The rest of the time, you get players like Harrington, Shuler, Alex Smith, and Sam Bradford.
                      Not to be negative, but IMO it might be a little too early to annoint him a 1-2 times a decade guy, since he hasnt thrown a pass in the NFL and all.

Comment

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                        Not to be negative, but IMO it might be a little too early to annoint him a 1-2 times a decade guy, since he hasnt thrown a pass in the NFL and all.
                        I agree we can't annoint him yet even though I think he's better than nexts years class of QBs as well.

However, I fully expect all 3 Defensive Coordinators of Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota to **** their pants simulateneously when we draft Stafford in April. Hope they wear brown that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                          I agree we can't annoint him yet even though I think he's better than nexts years class of QBs as well.

However, I fully expect all 3 Defensive Coordinators of Green Bay, Chicago and Minnesota to **** their pants simulateneously when we draft Stafford in April. Hope they wear brown that day.
                          I'd be happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post

I would say unbelievably better actually. I hate next years QB class, at least the top three guys right now.

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Yeah, Tebow/Bradford/McCoy are all clowns!

Next year is when we get our big time rapist DE.. either Carlos Dunlap or Greg Hardy

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                                Yeah, Tebow/Bradford/McCoy are all clowns!

Next year is when we get our big time rapist DE.. either Carlos Dunlap or Greg Hardy
                                Dont sleep on Everson Griffen from USC either, the dude can play. I've read somewhere before (McShay?) that said that he will be the best pro from their D

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information