Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Kirwan's Latest Mock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

Has us taking Jason Smith and Ziggy Hood. I'd actually be very happy with that draft (I've come around to your way of thinking since1978!). Upgrade the lines a bunch right away. Drafting Smith pushes Backus to guard, which is basically an upgrade on two offensive line positions. Hood is an excellent one gap penetrator type that can be used rotationally to start with (Although I'd really like to see Redding get less PT).

Now, that said, if the Lions grade Stafford as a franchise QB, you have to take him. But if they rate him a little lower, I'd be fine with Smith.

Originally posted by Jakey
    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

that guy needs to stay out of the sun....if you saw him on ESPN today.

Comment

I would rather have Monroe than Smith any day.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
        I would rather have Monroe than Smith any day.
        I 2nd that. Anyone that plays LT over Albert has to be doing something right.

Comment

I'd rather have Backus at LT and a Rookie LG than a Rookie LT and Backus at LG. It's also smarter financially.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
            I'd rather have Backus at LT and a Rookie LG than a Rookie LT and Backus at LG. It's also smarter financially.
            I'd rather have Matt Stafford.

Let's just cut to the chase. NO Left Tackles at #1!
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
              I agree it's smarter financially. However it's not like a rookie LT can't come in and be a dominant player. Long and Clady were two of the top three tackles in the AFC last year. I would certainly take either of those guys on the Lions.

Again though, if the Lions grade Stafford as a franchise type QB, we have to take him. I'm just saying that if they grade him out lower then I wouldn't be upset with this.

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Word is Jason Smith didn't have a very good pro day and the Lions weren't even in attendance. Jason Smith had a problem with a drill that exposed his lack of lower body strenght. Lower body strength is the same problem Backus has and makes him susceptible to the bull rush.

I take Stafford over Smith/Monroe right now even if Stafford isn't BPA(of course if Stafford is still deemed a franchise QB which he is). A rookie LT in 2010 can come in and play right away with more success than a rookie spread QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                  Word is Jason Smith didn't have a very good pro day and the Lions weren't even in attendance. Jason Smith had a problem with a drill that exposed his lack of lower body strenght. Lower body strength is the same problem Backus has and makes him susceptible to the bull rush.

I take Stafford over Smith/Monroe right now even if Stafford isn't BPA(of course if Stafford is still deemed a franchise QB which he is). A rookie LT in 2010 can come in and play right away with more success than a rookie spread QB.
                  Agreed. 2010 is supposed to have 2-3 tackles that could easily be top 15 picks.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

I expect that Mayhew has already made up his mind to draft Stafford and simply isn't interested in anybody else. It's sad because he has no fall back position if Stafford bombs at his pro day. It just isn't smart to not check out the top 5 guys throughly to keep your options open.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                      I expect that Mayhew has already made up his mind to draft Stafford and simply isn't interested in anybody else. It's sad because he has no fall back position if Stafford bombs at his pro day. It just isn't smart to not check out the top 5 guys throughly to keep your options open.
                      Either that or he has top confidence in Stafford (and his ability to ink him to an early contract).

Are we absolutely certain the Lions weren't at Smith's workout? Isn't it possible we have a private workout for him at some point?
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Kirwan is a moron

Stafford should be the pick.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          Its been reported that the lions have taken Stafford and Curry out to dinner/interview. At least through what I have seen and maybe they have talked to others. I dont think its just Stafford at this point.

These 1-day events are somewhat over-rated in my opinion anyway. I guess, yes as you say he could completely bomb but even if he was average, wouldn't they base more of their judgment off of game film? What if he has a bad pro-day?

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                            Either that or he has top confidence in Stafford (and his ability to ink him to an early contract).

Are we absolutely certain the Lions weren't at Smith's workout? Isn't it possible we have a private workout for him at some point?
                            A private workout is possible, especially if Smith is the only guy we had any interest in from Baylor. It could very well be we were more concerned with getting the players we want in FA yesterday.

Comment

[QUOTE=sunnyintheD;1529382]A private workout is possible, especially if Smith is the only guy we had any interest in from Baylor. It could very well be we were more concerned with getting the players we want in FA yesterday.[/QUOTE

We could have sent a scout. We have an entire scouting department and Mayhew and some others could stay for the free agents. The scouting dept must go on vacation in March/April. It seems that way with the way we drafted under Millen.

There probably will be a private workout for Smith. But this regime has already said they like Backus. That could change, but I think Stafford is the guy. I can't see Stafford bombing his pro day. Stafford did some things at the combine and has 3 years of tape. When is his pro day?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information