QB 08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB 08

So, I was wondering, since we most likely will not be taking a QB this year, at least not one we could justify starting, who's out there next year who we could draft to solve the QB situation.

let's be positive and say we are picking somewhere between 10 and 20.

I have no clue, so i'm not even going to drop a name.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

I think it'll be Stanton or Orlovsky.
    Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
      I think it'll be Stanton or Orlovsky.
      can't draft them in '08 ;).

Maybe Brohm? Or that kid from USC, Booty (don't know if he's any good, but I just love his last name).

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

what about colt brennan?

Comment

Originally posted by jbombul View Post
          what about colt brennan?
          oooh I forgot about him. Good point. He'd be awesome in Martz' system. I was actually rooting for him to be taken by us in the second this year, until he decided to go back to school.

Isn't he gonna be relatively old for a rookie? (24?)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I thought "QB 08" was asking who our starter would be in 2008. I still dont think we'll draft one next year, but things always change.

Comment

I thought "QB 08" was asking who our starter would be in 2008. I still dont think we'll draft one next year, but things always change.
              Well... it doens't look like we'll be taking Quinn this year, so unless we take stanton (which would have to be in round two) we'll be needing one next year. You can't seriously think Kitna will be able to lead this offense for two more years, can you?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                Well... it doens't look like we'll be taking Quinn this year, so unless we take stanton (which would have to be in round two) we'll be needing one next year. You can't seriously think Kitna will be able to lead this offense for two more years, can you?
                Nah, not Kitna. But, I honestly think that McCown and Orlovsky will be left to fight for the top spot when Kitna is gone (if Stanton is drafted, he'll be in the competition).

Drafting a QB high in round 1, to me, means a different direction... and I think Marinelli isn't ready to change directions just yet.

Comment

Nah, not Kitna. But, I honestly think that McCown and Orlovsky will be left to fight for the top spot when Kitna is gone (if Stanton is drafted, he'll be in the competition).

Drafting a QB high in round 1, to me, means a different direction... and I think Marinelli isn't ready to change directions just yet.
                  I don't like McCown. Don't know why. Just don't like him AT ALL.

I'd like them to draft Stanton SO MUCH. Trade with I don't care who and somehow get an extra day two pick. Get Stanton and some corner guy and I'll be a very happy person.

And a friggin' linebacker. We need one who can actually play. I mean do we even have one not named Boss Bailey?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    I don't like McCown. Don't know why. Just don't like him AT ALL.

I'd like them to draft Stanton SO MUCH. Trade with I don't care who and somehow get an extra day two pick. Get Stanton and some corner guy and I'll be a very happy person.

And a friggin' linebacker. We need one who can actually play. I mean do we even have one not named Boss Bailey?
                    Willis-Sims would turn things around for that unit.

Which is why I want Willis.

Comment

Willis-Sims would turn things around for that unit.

Which is why I want Willis.
                      Darn I forgot to mention Sims. <sigh>

Yeah. Willis would be great. On the other hand, we've got a big hole to fill with Bly being gone (not that bly did much good, but... it's still a vacancy)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Any 2nd or 3rd round player that fits the Cover 2 will perform better than Bly did last year...

... and won't complain half as much as Bly does.

Comment

Any 2nd or 3rd round player that fits the Cover 2 will perform better than Bly did last year...

... and won't complain half as much as Bly does.
                          We could also put a mannquin on a little moving platform and have a guy in the endzone jerk the platform around. That'd be a perfect copy of Bly.

And let me tell you, those mannequins have intangibles you won't believe. Give them no money and they won't even say a word.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

If you guys aren't taking Quinn then who the crap are you taking? You guys gonna take Joe Thomas and have 3 starting offensive tackles

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              If you guys aren't taking Quinn then who the crap are you taking? You guys gonna take Joe Thomas and have 3 starting offensive tackles
                              Gaines Adams? Trade down for Willis? There's plenty of guys out there we could really use.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information