Mayock says AVOID STAFFORD!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Yes I am. But it's not towards the Lions. I've had enough of Jason Garrett's bizarre playcalling and Tony Romo's mental deficiencies.

I will say that Stafford is finally starting to prove his worth and that he and Johnson are a terrific duo... AND there's a lot of promise in the Lions, but that game was given away. Romo's 2 pick 6s and a 3rd INT with 4 min left on the Lions side of the field was epic collapse.
    It was, I even admitted it in the cowboys discussion. Lions still had to take advantage of the gifts being thrown to them, and continue to fight. Most teams would have folded being down 24.

Good teams find ways to win, bad teams...well, you know the saying. Being a Lion's fan for about 10+ years, I know about bad teams, and this Lions team is far from it. They're no SB contenders, but no team should feel bad that they got beat by the Lions this year.

Comment

Romo made mistakes but the Lions adjusted their game plan dropping the LBs deeper than usual on those plays. Houston said they made an adjustment as well resulting in his interception. All 3 ints were tough catches and both returns were very nice returns.

Romo made mistakes, Garrett too especially the two play call throws on 1st down but the Lions deserve credit for making 3 good plays as well. Most turnovers in this league is someone making a mistake and the other team doing well to take advantage. Lions made enough plays in second half to come back and win the game.

Comment

Mayock has always been a bit iffy on junior QB's. You simply aren't seeing a finished product and the risk is magnified. As more succeed, pro GM's will be far more willing to take the risk.
        Stafford was not particularly accurate in college and hence he did not totally dominate like he should have and that is what Mayock questioned.
        With Newton's success this year I think you'll see junior QB's getting a far more responsive OK from Mayock.
        Besides, with so many junior QB's declaring for the draft, GM's have little choice but to take the risk and hope for the best. The simple fact is that with so many college teams playing the spread offense, teams are also going to have to take the risk that if everything else is top notch i.e. arm strength, mental toughness, accuracy and pocket awareness, you go ahead and draft the guy and pray he adjusts to pro ball. What choice do teams have?
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          Brent's a Cowboys hater
          Not true, I'm quite the defender of Tony Romo.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
            im pretty sure that award goes to cowherd

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
              Mayock has always been a bit iffy on junior QB's.
              U didn't mention that before...

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
              Criticizing Mayock when he talks about QB's is way off the mark. he may have had a few prospects who play other positions not get drafted where he predicted but on QB's he has been right on the mark

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                OK, my mistake then I apologize if you were offended.

But I AM a Romo hater (at least right now that is...) :D

...and to the Lions fans... I love the way your coach reacted to Dez's incomplete pass. That was awesome! haha. Great comeback.
                Last edited by D-Unit; 10-05-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information