No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford will be an elite QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, i hate that formula. if you can't use it to predict a winner then its not really a formula. its just numbers unless they multiply it by L for luck.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
      Most Lion fans want Aaron Curry or Andre Smith :/
      Actually, it's Jason Smith now. Curry and Jason Smith are the only two guys Kowalski ever talks about.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
        = 32 + [(57.1-60) x 5] + [(1.55-2.25) x 10]
        = 32 + [(-2.9) x 5] + [(-.70) x 10]
        = 32 + (-14.5) + (-7)
        = 10.5

Haha the moron from ESPN did the math wrong. Staffords a 10.5. Ahead of Matt Ryan and Cutler. Hahaha, proves once again why you should never listen to anyone from ESPN.
        The funny thing is that you are right that he did the math wrong, but you were wrong also. The first part of the equation is (.5 x career starts), so the real number is -5.5 according to your calculations, so he was worse than what ESPN has him listed at.

Comment

= 32 + [(57.1-60) x 5] + [(1.55-2.25) x 10]
          = 32 + [(-2.9) x 5] + [(-.70) x 10]
          = 32 + (-14.5) + (-7)
          = 10.5

Haha the moron from ESPN did the math wrong. Staffords a 10.5. Ahead of Matt Ryan and Cutler. Hahaha, proves once again why you should never listen to anyone from ESPN.
          They said the formula was 'incomplete'.. so here's the real one:

For BCS quarterbacks
          (Career Starts x 0.5) + [(Career completion pct. - 60)x5] +[(Career touchdown-INT ratio - 2.25)x10]

Unless that's the one you used, too.. but either way, the formula isn't fool proof.. Tim Couch, Alex Smith, Byron Leftwich, and David Carr had a "Strong Chance for Success"

Comment

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
            The funny thing is that you are right that he did the math wrong, but you were wrong also. The first part of the equation is (.5 x career starts), so the real number is -5.5 according to your calculations, so he was worse than what ESPN has him listed at.
            Haha yes that extra .5 I missed would make it worse. I just copied it down quick and didnt' cut and paste. Haha this formula turns everyone including myself into morons. Couch is good lol.

Either way, because of this formula we should not take Stafford. The formula says it all lol even though his freshman year greatly affects his numbers. Whereas Sanchez who only played one year in the Pac 10 is a sure fire winner.

I wonder what the formula would be for Curry.
            SAM LBs taken number 1 -50, Wake Forest factor -26 and Curry's beastly potential + 32= lets take Crabtree. I think Millen used that formula.

Lions need for QBs 50 years plus Daunte Culpepper roll factor 36 plus Calvin wants a QB 60 plus Staffords pro styel +1000= Don't Wait until next year to get a QB.

Comment

Haha yes that extra .5 I missed would make it worse. I just copied it down quick and didnt' cut and paste. Haha this formula turns everyone including myself into morons. Couch is good lol.

Either way, because of this formula we should not take Stafford. The formula says it all lol even though his freshman year greatly affects his numbers. Whereas Sanchez who only played one year in the Pac 10 is a sure fire winner.

I wonder what the formula would be for Curry.
              SAM LBs taken number 1 -50, Wake Forest factor -26 and Curry's beastly potential + 32= lets take Crabtree. I think Millen used that formula.

Lions need for QBs 50 years plus Daunte Culpepper roll factor 36 plus Calvin wants a QB 60 plus Staffords pro styel +1000= Don't Wait until next year to get a QB.
              The formula for Curry is OMG + (ZOMG x WTF) + [(Ray Lewis + Lawrence Taylor) x 999999]

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                The formula for Curry is OMG + (ZOMG x WTF) + [(Ray Lewis + Lawrence Taylor) x 999999]
                Haha

Or
                Chicken Curry in a Hurry Recipe

Ingredients
                1 Tbsp corn, grapeseed, or olive oil
                1 medium onion, sliced
                1/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
                Salt and freshly ground pepper
                1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder, or to taste
                4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)*
                1 cup sour cream
                Minced fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                  Most Lion fans want Aaron Curry or Andre Smith :/
                  Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  Actually, it's Jason Smith now. Curry and Jason Smith are the only two guys Kowalski ever talks about.
                  But it's true. I visit about 5 different Lions fan sites and about 3 NFL Draft sites, and in recent weeks it's been funny how diametrically opposed the two groups are. Every Lions fan site, the posters all hate Stafford and are totally convinced he will be a bum and they all want Curry with a few Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe holdouts. Every draft site, everyone thinks Stafford is the only possible choice. It's really weird how consistent it is.

Comment

if i had to choose between mlive and this, i'd have to choose this. therefore stafford wins and jason smith will bust.
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

The process of evaluating Stafford is picking up:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...n-Detroit.html

I like the idea that Detroit is doing there due diligence, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Stafford I hope everything checks out.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                        if i had to choose between mlive and this, i'd have to choose this. therefore stafford wins and jason smith will bust.
                        It's not that we think Jason Smith will bust.. it's just that the Lions really, really, really need a Franchise QB. Culpepper, Stanton, and Henson aren't gonna win us any games.

Comment

Stafford's true freshman numbers don't do him any favors. I wonder how Stafford's results would look if you didn't include those numbers in the formula. And not many the QB's listed by ESPN on that article started as a freshman, much less as a true freshman in the SEC. The formula doesn't take that into account.

And I though it was interesting that Schwartz mentioned that they only watched film of Stafford's last two years at Georgia. I don't care about Stafford's true freshman stats, and it seems that the Lions' brass don't care either.

Comment

Originally posted by Geason Noceur View Post
                            Stafford's true freshman numbers don't do him any favors. I wonder how Stafford's results would look if you didn't include those numbers in the formula. And not many the QB's listed by ESPN on that article started as a freshman, much less as a true freshman in the SEC. The formula doesn't take that into account.

And I though it was interesting that Schwartz mentioned that they only watched film of Stafford's last two years at Georgia. I don't care about Stafford's true freshman stats, and it seems that the Lions' brass don't care either.
                            5.93 would be his rating only taking into account his soph. and junior yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                              lol, i hate that formula. if you can't use it to predict a winner then its not really a formula. its just numbers unless they multiply it by L for luck.
                              You can't use these types of formula's to predict a certainty (success or bust). You can only use them to assess levels of risk.

Comment

It is true Karma if we don't draft Stafford. Without a franchise QB, the Bobby Layne curse will live for another 50 years. I see this franchise will turn around with Stafford, but if we draft Curry or Monroe/Smith i see this franchise not being able to win on a consistent basis. I don't believe players like Payton Manning, ben roethlisberger, and Matthew Stafford come around all too often where you have the opportunity to draft them. Most QB bust more then they are successfull. I see drafting Stafford is a no brainer. We better do it, or the problems at quarterback will linger for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information