Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford will be an elite QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt Stafford will be an elite QB

    If the Lions pass on him, they will suffer another 50 years of not winning. Come on Mayhew, don't blow this.

  • #2
    Even if Stafford is just a quality starter who can lead a few scoring drives a game, he'd make a good pick for the Lions. If he's a poor man's Brett Favre and he's spends 10 years in the NFL being an inconsistent gunslinger who throws a lot of TD's AND Int's...he'd make a good pick for the Lions. There's just no way Stafford will not be at least a quality starter who's entertaining and inconsistent. There's also a decent chance he could be a Pro Bowl calibre starter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hope Detroit will pick a QB with the 1st Pick!
      You Guys should have a better Year, but is Stafford ready to lead a Team right out of College?


      Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by banetzdererste View Post
        Hope Detroit will pick a QB with the 1st Pick!
        You Guys should have a better Year, but is Stafford ready to lead a Team right out of College?
        No, hence why they kept Culpepper.
        SKOL VIKINGS!


        Comment


        • #5
          http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...rd-debate.html

          Scounts, Inc. developed a formula to try to predict a future NFL QBs success and applied it to this years top 3.

          It's an interesting theory, and it should be noted that Jim Schwartz is known as the Billy Beanne of the NFL, meaning that he truly believes in statistical analysis. There is no telling if Schwartz will believe in this stat or not.

          Stafford graded out in the bust category, falling between Akili Smith and Cade McNown.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by woodnick View Post
            http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...rd-debate.html

            Scounts, Inc. developed a formula to try to predict a future NFL QBs success and applied it to this years top 3.

            It's an interesting theory, and it should be noted that Jim Schwartz is known as the Billy Beanne of the NFL, meaning that he truly believes in statistical analysis. There is no telling if Schwartz will believe in this stat or not.

            Stafford graded out in the bust category, falling between Akili Smith and Cade McNown.
            Well Stafford starting as a true freshman in the SEC will do that to whatever rating he had. He got better every year and I think this past year is the most indicative of what he can do.

            LOL at Leinart, Sanchez(after 1 year compared to 3 for Stafford), Alex Smith,Couch,Carr etc being on the great chance of being good. Give Sanchez a big -50 for sitting behind Booty.

            Big 12 and Pac 10(other than USC) is full of ***** defenses with spread offenses. You can't compare.

            Comment


            • #7
              I also think there should be adjustments for the talent that you play with. For instance look at the team Leinhart had and it's a little easier to understand why he had inflated #s

              Comment


              • #8
                pfft so now Stafford will be a bust because of some formula espn made up that grades him like Cade Mccnown. Please. How about adjusting QB's for the talent they play against. Stafford played 3 years of college in the toughest division of the toughest conference.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                  pfft so now Stafford will be a bust because of some formula espn made up that grades him like Cade Mccnown. Please. How about adjusting QB's for the talent they play against. Stafford played 3 years of college in the toughest division of the toughest conference.
                  they do already

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    For my money, the formula is far too basic to be taken seriously. Furthermore, if ESPN is going to publish this "formula" you want to believe that they tweaked it in a fashion to where the results would justify the time they spent on it.

                    As someone else already posted, Sanchez had a high rating. Well, he also only started one year...junior year at that....and didn't have the opportunity to play as a redshirt frosh.

                    Meh...long and the short of it is that the formula dosen't do it for me...too basic...jmo.
                    [

                    Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                      they do already
                      Yeah, cuz playing in the SEC is just like any other BCS conference. And adjusting for competition between BSC and non BCS conferences is as simple as changing a couple of numbers in a math formula.

                      Just look at the results of the formula. 2 of the 5 safest are Tim Couch and Alex Smith. Matt Ryan is considered 'hit or miss' despite widely being considered a safe pick? Carson Palmer was 'hit or miss'? He's was one of the safest QB's ever. The Lions might as well let their fans pick for them if they go by that formula.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                        Yeah, cuz playing in the SEC is just like any other BCS conference. And adjusting for competition between BSC and non BCS conferences is as simple as changing a couple of numbers in a math formula.

                        Just look at the results of the formula. 2 of the 5 safest are Tim Couch and Alex Smith. Matt Ryan is considered 'hit or miss' despite widely being considered a safe pick? Carson Palmer was 'hit or miss'? He's was one of the safest QB's ever. The Lions might as well let their fans pick for them if they go by that formula.
                        Most Lion fans want Aaron Curry or Andre Smith :/
                        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                        DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                        Originally posted by njx9
                        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                          Yeah, cuz playing in the SEC is just like any other BCS conference. And adjusting for competition between BSC and non BCS conferences is as simple as changing a couple of numbers in a math formula.

                          Just look at the results of the formula. 2 of the 5 safest are Tim Couch and Alex Smith. Matt Ryan is considered 'hit or miss' despite widely being considered a safe pick? Carson Palmer was 'hit or miss'? He's was one of the safest QB's ever. The Lions might as well let their fans pick for them if they go by that formula.
                          Yeah man the SEC is the next step to the NFL. It goes NFL, SEC, BCS, non BCS, rest of NCAA, CFL, and then NHSF or something, Junior High, pop warner.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            FWIW, some Scouts were saying he had one the most impressive chalkboard sessions at the combine ever.


                            Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                            Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

                            Amazing sig by jkpigskin

                            Originally posted by Paul
                            I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                            LOL props to Paul

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                              http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/...rd-debate.html

                              Scounts, Inc. developed a formula to try to predict a future NFL QBs success and applied it to this years top 3.

                              It's an interesting theory, and it should be noted that Jim Schwartz is known as the Billy Beanne of the NFL, meaning that he truly believes in statistical analysis. There is no telling if Schwartz will believe in this stat or not.

                              Stafford graded out in the bust category, falling between Akili Smith and Cade McNown.

                              = 32 + [(57.1-60) x 5] + [(1.55-2.25) x 10]
                              = 32 + [(-2.9) x 5] + [(-.70) x 10]
                              = 32 + (-14.5) + (-7)
                              = 10.5

                              Haha the moron from ESPN did the math wrong. Staffords a 10.5. Ahead of Matt Ryan and Cutler. Hahaha, proves once again why you should never listen to anyone from ESPN.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information