Trade Scenario

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Scenario

With Cutler's situation with Bronco's getting worse i was thinking about possible trade's for him. Obviously this depends on the situation getting worse and not getting fixed but IMO i would prefer getting Cutler than drafting Stafford. Now #20 for him may work but i was thinking of a nother scenario.

We give them #1 for Cutler and #12.

First off would you guys like this trade and do u think the Broncos would too?

I like the possibilities of it because we would still have 2 first round picks and picking at 12 would give us the opportunity to draft some of the top defensive players such as Raji Brown Orakpo Jenkins etc.

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
    With Cutler's situation with Bronco's getting worse i was thinking about possible trade's for him. Obviously this depends on the situation getting worse and not getting fixed but IMO i would prefer getting Cutler than drafting Stafford. Now #20 for him may work but i was thinking of a nother scenario.

We give them #1 for Cutler and #12.

First off would you guys like this trade and do u think the Broncos would too?

I like the possibilities of it because we would still have 2 first round picks and picking at 12 would give us the opportunity to draft some of the top defensive players such as Raji Brown Orakpo Jenkins etc.
    I'd like the trade, it'd put the value at #4 overall, but I don't believe that the Broncos would like that. Denver, I assume, would want to gain at least a pick not just move up.

If we did do this move I'd be extremely happy, than maybe we could go after Pace hard core to try to shore up our OLine, as we'll be saving a bunch of money w/o having to pay #1 money, and then as you mentioned we could try to make a move up for Raji.

Comment

i'd dump our first overall pick. whatever picks denver wants to throw our way would be gravy, whether its the 12th or a 4th round pick.

from what i've seen cutler seems like he could succeed here. cutler has never complained about his team or thrown his team under the bus, even with a horrible effort by his defense last year and blowing the shot at the playoffs. its just a respect issue, which unless we start daunte over him......we should be good. he's bound to be motivated as hell now too.
      Last edited by Prowler; 03-11-2009, 11:59 AM.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
        i'd dump our first overall pick. whatever picks denver wants to throw our way would be gravy, whether its the 12th or a 4th round pick.

from what i've seen cutler seems like he could succeed here. cutler has never complained about his team or thrown his team under the bus, even with a horrible effort by his defense last year and blowing the shot at the playoffs. its just a respect issue, which unless we start daunte over him......we should be good. he's bound to be motivated as hell now too.
        I agree. If we could get the #12 pick, even if it means we throw #82 or something in as well, that would be SAH-WEEEEEEET!
        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The trade I'd like to see is #20 and #82 for Cutler....basically trading Roy Williams for Cutler....that would be so sick.
          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Well think of it this way.

Who would you want as the Lions QB next year, or the year after or the year after that.

Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez or Jay Cutler?

If the Lions could get Cutler for #1 overall straight up, they should do it IMO.

Comment

I fail to see what Denver has to gain by trading Cutler and #12. If they did that trade you're pretty much guaranteed Stafford is the #1 pick.

However, I think Denver would do a trade that involved the #1 and #20 pick for Cutler and #12.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Maybe we could throw in C-Pep also, so they have a vet QB who can play this yr for them.

Comment

either way if it does come down to them trying to move him itll come down to us and tampa IMO. We have much more ammo than them and I would take him over Stafford and we should try very hard to get him.

Comment

I would be willing to trade our number 1 pick. I don't know if Denver would want it but if not, give them the number 20 and one of the 3rd rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
                      either way if it does come down to them trying to move him itll come down to us and tampa IMO. We have much more ammo than them and I would take him over Stafford and we should try very hard to get him.
                      Chi and Minny have also been mentioned as potential landing spots also, we have more ammo. in the form of draft picks but if Denver wants a QB that is serviceable in return then we will probably be the last of the group.

Comment

it would actually be smart for us to try and take a first round pick next year out of them. maybe they'd be more willing to mortage their future.
                        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

The million dollar question here is would Cutler even want to come here? Top tier QBs aren't exactly knocking down the Lions' door to play in Detroit. Besides, I wonder how the culture of losing would sit with him. I would think he had enough of losing at Vandy. Add to that the fact that he's not exactly the easiest QB to deal with and it looks like a bad combo to me.

Comment

I'd do #1 and #20 for Cutler and #12.. It's just like getting our Franchise QB and then we get to move up in the draft, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Geason Noceur View Post
                              The million dollar question here is would Cutler even want to come here? Top tier QBs aren't exactly knocking down the Lions' door to play in Detroit. Besides, I wonder how the culture of losing would sit with him. I would think he had enough of losing at Vandy. Add to that the fact that he's not exactly the easiest QB to deal with and it looks like a bad combo to me.
                              if we go to him and say, ''we understand your situation and appreciate your skills. we're rebuilding right now but with you here this will be a quicker process. this is a new organization(bull****) and a new coaching staff and we are committed to turning this thing around. we have acquired some key veteran players to help fill holes and in the next couple of years we should be fully transformed. there is no reason why we can't win now with the players we have and we hope you understand that you have our full support as the future of our franchise.''

i don't know how he'd really turn it down. especially when c-jesus isn't punching tvs and getting arrested every summer.
                              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information