No announcement yet.

If Andre Smith Falls to 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be weird if we ended up with a draft of stafford, smith, and michael johnson. 3 projected #1 players this past year.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
      it would be weird if we ended up with a draft of stafford, smith, and michael johnson. 3 projected #1 players this past year.

Taking both Smith and Johnson is a recipe for disaster because odds are that one of them is going to get someone fired.

I actually think Smith would be an ideal fit for the Lions, he can play guard or tackle and he has value. If he implodes down the road you can still get something for him. With his baggage lately structure his contract with a lot of insentives, i think that would get his attention.

Comment

No hell no. Take someone who actually is competitive and not some lazy scrub. I would let this guy drop to the 5th round before taking him.

Comment

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
          But the tapes dont show him going against NFL DEs/OLBs week-in week-out after he just got a huge paycheck, hence why there are "busts" every year.

Watching the Tapes, you must have been a huge Mike Williams fan huh?
          Not at all.... was furious when they took Wlliams. All I'm saying is that he could be a potential steal at #20. It's kind of tough to project busts, right? The further he falls, the less likely he is to "bust" per se imo.

Anyways, it's just my opinon dude....I can live without the sarcasm.
          [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'd take him.

Comment

Originally posted by noondog View Post
              Not at all.... was furious when they took Wlliams. All I'm saying is that he could be a potential steal at #20. It's kind of tough to project busts, right? The further he falls, the less likely he is to "bust" per se imo.

Anyways, it's just my opinon dude....I can live without the sarcasm.
              could be isn't good enough. We're already risking the house on Stafford (if we take him #1, which we should) we had better not gamble twice. Yeah I'm sure he looks nice on tape, but we've had enough guys around who had all the potential in the world and didn't do diddly poo. Some guys just look good but don't live up to the tape, Mike Williams (BOTH OF THEM) is a good example.

Hell I'd rather see us reach for a safer guy than hoping to get a steal with that useless fat idiot.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                i don't think that's accurate. i'd say his actions have been more forrest gump than pacman.
                Well maybe not pacman jones, but pacman in general.

He also needs a man-zier when he does jogging exercises:
                http://www.freep.com/article/2009031...o+repair+image

His man-mams are pointing north and south!

Comment

You take him and rofl your way to the bank. He'll be dominant somewhere on the O-line.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

At #20, his value is sky-high.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post

I don't know if there is much over evaluating going on here I mean its one thing to show up a lil over weight or run a slow 40 even not put up many reps. Its a completely different thing when you leave in the middle of the combine and look like that on your pro day. After BTW he gets suspended for his bowl game. He should write a book on how to **** up your draft stock.
                      Umm, he lost 15 pounds since then, he didn't come in over weight.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        You take him and rofl your way to the bank. He'll be dominant somewhere on the O-line.
                        'zakly............
                        [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                          Looking into my crystal ball.... I see... Aaron Gibson...

Smith has a shot, but he also has 1st round bust written all over him.

Comment

we could use a bit DT now. he can play iron man.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information