Should we trade Ernie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we trade Ernie?

Ernie has been a solid LB since entering the league, but his play has been more of a second round LB then the #9 overall. Schwartz and Mayhew are putting an emphasis on size while building this team and the undersized Ernie Sims may not be a player they want to have here in the future. We are going to be moving away from a Tampa 2 I assume and the assets his trade would bring could help the re-building.

What do you think his value would be?

Any trade ideas?

Would it be worth it?

Ernie Sims for John Henderson + maybe a pick
    " " for picks from Indy?

I love Ernie, but I would'nt be sad if we traded him. I love his personality and the leadership he brings to the team...but his size and play limit us and schwartz possible schemes. We have a couple of pieces that could be either 4-3 or 3-4 and Ernie is not one of them, he is strictly 4-3 tampa 2.

Comment

You wouldn't get good enough value in return. In theory I think you guys would benefit from something like that, but the offers you'd get wouldn't be worth it.

Comment

You finally have a position that isn't a weakness (OLB) and now you want to get rid of Ernie Sims? I don't understand.

Comment

Send him over to Buffalo.
          We'll give you Chris Kelsay! ;)

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

It depends on what we could get in return for him. He is nothing without Shaun Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
              You finally have a position that isn't a weakness (OLB) and now you want to get rid of Ernie Sims? I don't understand.
              He was much more valuable in the defense Rod was running. I still think he's a good player though and maybe when we add more pieces to the defense it will help him out. I'd hope he and Julian Peterson become good friends. To bad Tampa is moving away from their old ways because I'm sure they'd love Sims to replace Derrick Brooks.

Comment

Buffalo still runs the tampa-2... :(
                and we have a need for a WLB, with Posluszny in the middle, and Mitchell as a SLB.

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I don't want to trade him. I would if we got a good offer.. I wouldn't shop him around though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                    Buffalo still runs the tampa-2... :(
                    and we have a need for a WLB, with Posluszny in the middle, and Mitchell as a SLB.
                    I'd take a third a third next year maybe. I'd ask for a second first though. That'd be a good team fit though in Buffalo, interesting.

Comment

Ernie Sims has been a weakness for the past one and a half seasons.

Comment

Must........ draft........ Aaron........ Curry........ [/zombie]

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          I'd take a third a third next year maybe. I'd ask for a second first though. That'd be a good team fit though in Buffalo, interesting.
                          I haven't seen Sims play too much recently.
                          What's the major knock on him right now?

Comment

A rich man's Demorrio Williams? Can over pursue by going for that big hit. Plays much bigger then his size but it can still be a hindrance. Doesn't have the knack for big plays (INTS, Sacks, FF). Solid 100+ tackle a year LB though. Doesn't have an injury history yet. Still on rookie deal. Very fast and good in coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              A rich man's Demorrio Williams? Can over pursue by going for that big hit. Plays much bigger then his size but it can still be a hindrance. Doesn't have the knack for big plays (INTS, Sacks, FF). Solid 100+ tackle a year LB though. Doesn't have an injury history yet. Still on rookie deal. Very fast and good in coverage.
                              -We don't have anyone in the LB corp that makes big hits. It would be nice to see, finally, even though if he overpursues a little too often.

-Our LBs rarely make interceptions as it is. We blitz Mitchell the most, so he gets most of the sacks.

-Good to see.

I read that he does better with a big body in front of him. Is it because that linemen (Rogers) ate up most of the offensive linemen, allowing for Sims to make plays on the ball?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information