Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably can start pre-ordering those Stafford jerseys.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really think everyone should be thinking of a few prospects at each spot they could live with at this point.

1.Stafford, Jason Smith, Monroe

20.Ziggy Hood, Peria Jerry, William Beatty, Alphonso Smith, Larry English

Originally posted by Jakey
    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
      an keep Culpepper as your QB?..

Listen, the Lion's have to sleep in the bed they make fella ... by that I mean last year they sign a guy waaaaay out of shape off the street and play him after 1 practice with 5 plays to use on his wrist (this was a joke, I did not agree with it) then this organization turns their back on Jon Kitna, ignores Dan rlovsky and refuse to put Drew Stanton in a position to develop, all the while restructuring Culpepper's contract for this year. (again, I did not agree with this decision) So ... based on that, Culpepper is your organizations guy at QB for 2009, at least for the first 1/2 of the season. Even if they draft Stafford #1, and then assuming he gets a deal done quickly and is in camp to build chemistry and then catches on unbeleivably fast to the verbage and speed of the NFL ... (breath) he will probably sit for several weeks!
      So get used to Culpepper. Again, not my choice ... the Lion's.

Comment

Let's see....when was the last time the Lions passed on a stud QB prospect in order to take an OT. Oh yeah, last year when they took Gosder Cherilus the pick before the Ravens took Joe Flacco. Boy, that worked out pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          Let's see....when was the last time the Lions passed on a stud QB prospect in order to take an OT. Oh yeah, last year when they took Gosder Cherilus the pick before the Ravens took Joe Flacco. Boy, that worked out pretty good...
          In 2006 we passed on Leinart and Cutler for Ernie Sims. In 2005 we passed on Aaron Rodgers for Mike Williams. In 2004 we passed on Ben Roethlisberger for Roy Williams. I'm sick of passing on franchise quarterbacks!!!

Comment

I don't know that I'd call Flacco a franchise QB yet. He was helped a ton by having a great defense. Towards the end of the season and playoffs, he looked like a member of the **** it I'm going deep fan club with Rex Grossman.

Originally posted by Jakey
            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Flacco was as impressive as Ryan, given the talent on offense they had to work with. Ryan is the greatest QB ever to some, but he wasn't much different from Flacco really.
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                Nobody expected Joe Flacco to be taken at #18. So far, it's turned out good for them.. but I wouldn't have given any thought to Joe Flacco in the Top 20 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  In 2006 we passed on Leinart and Cutler for Ernie Sims. In 2005 we passed on Aaron Rodgers for Mike Williams. In 2004 we passed on Ben Roethlisberger for Roy Williams. I'm sick of passing on franchise quarterbacks!!!
                  I couldn't agree more. I'd like to cheer for a team with at least a decent QB, not some Jesusfreak or a guy who was good 4 years ago when he had Randy Moss.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I didn't want Matt Leinart or Aaron Rodgers, though.. I would've loved to get Ben Roethlisberger, but the time wasn't right to move past Harrington..That was only his 3rd year, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      I didn't want Matt Leinart or Aaron Rodgers, though.. I would've loved to get Ben Roethlisberger, but the time wasn't right to move past Harrington..That was only his 3rd year, right?

I think it was more a case of Millern not wanting to admit that Harrington was going to be nothing. That is one of the problems drafting a QB, your GM will be slow to admit it was a mistake and get on with finding a replacement. They let the flop hang on for a year or 2 longer than they should. This is a common occurance in the NFL.
                      Mooch never liked Harrington as his QB right from the start but was unable to get a replacement from Millen until they signed Garcia who unfortunately was injured the whole year we had him.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        I wanted Aaron Rodgers, maybe not as much as Derrick Johnson or Shawne Merriman, but he was my top quarterback that draft. I had him rated higher than Alex Smith and I know some teams did too. The problem is, no one after San Francisco "needed" a quarterback.

Comment

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...show_true.html

Not worthy of its own thread and an obvious smokescreen by the 49ers.but.
                          But, the 49ers are taking Stafford "off of their board" due to an over reaction to a psychological exam. Does this change your opinion about Stafford or are you like me and this doesn't change a damn thing and is a non story.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                            Does this change your opinion about Stafford or are you like me and this doesn't change a damn thing and is a non story.
                            It makes me like him more than I already did, and I didn't think that was possible. The psychologist's comment was completely out of line and I'm glad he stood up for himself and gave that response. Most kids would bend over for these guys but I really respect Stafford's approach. If you try and dig that deep into someone's personal life then you get what is coming to you.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                              http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...show_true.html

Not worthy of its own thread and an obvious smokescreen by the 49ers.but.
                              But, the 49ers are taking Stafford "off of their board" due to an over reaction to a psychological exam. Does this change your opinion about Stafford or are you like me and this doesn't change a damn thing and is a non story.
                              The whole thing about him blowing off the psychologist is completely untrue. The SF Chronicle blog made that up. If you want to know exactly what happened read the Sports Illustrated article, which is where all of this started.

The 49ers interview, conducted by a team psychologist, struck Stafford as odd. His account: When the psychologist asked about his parents, he explained that they were divorced when he was in high school and that he'd adjusted well; told he sounded as if he might have unfinished business concerning the divorce, Stafford said there certainly was not. "I felt like, I wonder how much I'm being charged per hour for this?" he says. "But I understand. They're going to pay a lot of money in the first round."

From what I can tell from that paragraph, Stafford was never miffed or defensive. All he did was say that he did not have unfinished business. He said that he felt not that he told the psychologist that he wondered how much he was being charged for the psychoanalysis. This is a non-story in my opinion.

Comment

See, that makes much more sense. I think that it's possible that Singeltary was trying to get some other teams to pass on him so he would be available at #10.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information