Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Babylon;1564552]
    Originally posted by woodnick View Post
    I personally just dont see the Patriots wanting to jump up to #20. They are a team that seems to mostly trade down and they seem to covet the 2nd rounders. With them sitting at #23, I just dont view them as a likely trading partner, but with Belicheck I guess you cant write them off.

But then the question becomes who would they want to target at #20 to move up, and then they'd also probably have to be targeting someone at #23 to not use that pick to move up also?

First off as much as i like the Pats can we stop giving them credit for being above the crowd with their top picks. Brady, Welker and Moss werent tops picks by them and without them they're nothing.

I think with 3 seconds they are taking lower rated players. If someone drops to that 20 range they may feel that would be the only way to get that player. If they were to target Harvin and Barwin or Maybin they probably risk losing one or more by sitting where they are.
    That kind of came out of left field, all I was saying is that it seems as if the Pats have a history of trading back, not up.

In addition to the guys you mentioned, I've read a lot of people speculating that the Pats would love Maulanga.

Comment

First off as much as i like the Pats can we stop giving them credit for being above the crowd with their top picks. Brady, Welker and Moss werent tops picks by them and without them they're nothing.
      _________
      Mayo,Merriweather,Maroney,Mankins,Wilfork,Ty Warren,Grahma,Seymour,Woody

For picking in the 20s, their top picks are some pretty good playes. Wish the Lions could do that. Pats deserve credit for a lot of stuff, 1st round picks and WR free agency recently too.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
        _________
        Mayo,Merriweather,Maroney,Mankins,Wilfork,Ty Warren,Grahma,Seymour,Woody

For picking in the 20s, their top picks are some pretty good playes. Wish the Lions could do that. Pats deserve credit for a lot of stuff, 1st round picks and WR free agency recently too.
        Well compared to the Lions they all look good right? Some of these guys i think are ok but nothing special. Mankins, Maroney, Graham, even Ben watson. They're all expendable as far as i'm concerned. They do draft well in the later rounds and know how to put a team together through free agency but 1st day picks so so.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          Well compared to the Lions they all look good right? Some of these guys i think are ok but nothing special. Mankins, Maroney, Graham, even Ben watson. They're all expendable as far as i'm concerned. They do draft well in the later rounds and know how to put a team together through free agency but 1st day picks so so.
          Mankins is an absolute beast at LG. Maroney is good when healthy.
          Graham and Ben Watson are role player tight ends but again late 20 picks. Graham is probably the worst out all the picks and he's decent and now a Bronco. No busts, put it that way and a very great Dline with Seymour,Warren and Wilfork. Any 3-4 team would love to have that Dline.

Comment

I actually think Ben Watson is underrated. The Pats simply don't utilize all his talents.

Comment

Mayhew is planting seeds ... keeping everyone guessing at the same time listening to all scenarios and options.

I personally would like to see the Lions get a DT with that 2nd pick in the 1st round. If Hood or Jerry slide for some reason and a team like Baltimore is interested in a WR to match with Flacco, I am all for that trade. If we get their #26 and a 3rd rounder I would be extatic ... again, this is not a top 10 dominate player draft imho but is a very deep top 100 draft. TE's, LB's especially. We need both!

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information