No announcement yet.

A Lion Catch In Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope you don't mind me using that avatar. I tried to make one similar the other day, but then I realized that I failed at graphics. I'm not a big fan of Maualuga, but overall I would be content with that draft.

Comment

That is a very good draft. Replace Rey with Laurinaitis and it would be better. Laurinaitis is a better thinker and knows how to play the passing lanes better. He has experience rushing the quarterback. He is mentally sound and has no character issues. He does not hit has hard but does enough to get the man on the ground. His REPs at the combines were equal to Rey's. Which means both mean are equal in terms of strength. Rey is crazy and some people love that. I would look a sounder mind at middle linebacker.

Comment

I dont like laurinaitis as a prospect and think Rey would be much better. The only knock i hear on him is that he over pursues sometimes. That can be fixed. We have some very good defensive minds on our coaching staff and they can only make him better. Rey is definitly a better ILB prospect than JL. JL cant shed blacks and IMO will struggle a lot in the NFL. Rey is a beast and will punish everyone. He'll have two great LBs playing with him as well.

Comment

I agree with the above. If we take a MLB early (and I personally would prefer taking a Mike backer in round three) I would prefer Laurinaitis over Maualaluga.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
            I dont like laurinaitis as a prospect and think Rey would be much better. The only knock i hear on him is that he over pursues sometimes. That can be fixed. We have some very good defensive minds on our coaching staff and they can only make him better. Rey is definitly a better ILB prospect than JL. JL cant shed blacks and IMO will struggle a lot in the NFL. Rey is a beast and will punish everyone. He'll have two great LBs playing with him as well.
            I don't like the fact that Rey is being greatly outshined by Cushing and Matthews.

I like Laurinaitis for the qualities that can't be measured - his football IQ, his passion, his leadership skills.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
              Really? Where?

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

I really like the Ziggy pick and your mock as a whole. It sounds like Ziggy could step into Reddings spot and would be a solid starter for a while. For a second round pick you have to land solid players who will be with the team for a while.

I also liked the flow of your Lions mock. Grab Stafford at #1 and then commit to defense with 3 straight D picks. I like.

Comment

The reason i have Rey going over JL is because we need to sure up that run defense with some size in the middle. Plus Rey is better at getting to the QB. I just was never impressed by JL ability to take on blocks or rushing ability. If we did get JL I would hope itd be in the second rnd.

"God only put one pair of feet like that on a human being."
                  - Fritz Shurmur, Defensive Coordinator, Green Bay Packers

Comment

I just don't want Laurinaitis at all. He's a damn pile jumper! I don't think he'd be any better for us than Teddy Lehman.

Comment

This was creative and well done ... I think the random chubby kid could play NT, he's about Grady Jackson's build (lol!)
                      Potentially 3 teams #1 picks in Stafford, Rey Rey & Ziggy ... I do not want a QB this year but most love Stafford. Whatever? Those 2 plus Johnson would start day 1 and improve that defense BIG time. Maualuga @ 20 would be great value.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information