Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayock made it offical today, he has Sanchez as his #1 QB over Stafford.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayock made it offical today, he has Sanchez as his #1 QB over Stafford.

He says Sanchez is more accurate, has better feet and is a better leader. He gives Sanchez a much higher floor than Stafford.
    Good luck Mr. Mayhew, you'll need it now.
    And proud of it!!!

you fail to mention the fact that mayock also state he feels all THREE qbs are legit top end qbs

Comment

Originally posted by jbombul View Post
      you fail to mention the fact that mayock also state he feels all THREE qbs are legit top end qbs
      Yes, he does say that as well although I think he has reservations as well about all 3 of them. I think he is just speaking for this paticular draft and not for stronger drafts. There is no way any of the 3 are up to Ryan's standards.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

I think the accuracy and leadership is debatable. Sanchez had the higher completion percentage, but the USC receivers didn't drop as many balls as the Georgia receivers. Not to mention that the defenses USC played were far worse than the ones Georgia played. As far as leadership goes, Sanchez is the better vocal leader, but Stafford lets his play do the talking. Too many people make it seem like Stafford is shy, mute on the sideline, and keeps to himself. That isn't true. Just because Sanchez is a better vocal leader, doesn't mean Stafford isn't a great leader himself.

Comment

Mayock said Brian Brohm would be a franchise Qb before Matt Ryan around Senior Bowl time. Why do people care what Mayock says? I think it's interesting but its not the end all be all.....NOT EVEN CLOSE!
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I understand his thinking of Sanchez and Stafford as top-end guys, but Freeman? Really? What was his thinking on that?

Comment

Stafford with his shirt off = better leader.
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                Mayock said Brian Brohm would be a franchise Qb before Matt Ryan around Senior Bowl time. Why do people care what Mayock says? I think it's interesting but its not the end all be all.....NOT EVEN CLOSE!
                Because he's by far the most accurate of all the draft "experts" when it comes to predicting player success. Just look to the 06 draft when he called out the Whitner pick and the failures of Vince Young and Matt Leinart, just to name a few.

Comment

and is Whitner a stud like Laron Landry? he called the pick but Whitner hasn't shown studliness.

Comment

The thing that bothers me about Mayock this year, and I've said this before, is that he's almost ignored the experience factor. Fact is that the majority of quarterbacks drafted in the 1st Round with more than 30 college starts find success in the NFL. Not all of them, but a pretty high percentage of them. However, no quarterback (at least in the last 25 years) has had success in the NFL after starting as few college games as Mark Sanchez has.

Obviously number of starts does not have an exact correlation with pro success, but those numbers I just posted are pretty damn telling.

Comment

True that, but honestly.....how many people predicted that pick? I was using the Whitner example that he's good at mocking, and the QB's as an example of his talent-evaluation skills.

Comment

Not to knock Mayock, because he was dead-on with Ryan, but predicting that Young and Leinart would struggle in the NFL is not THAT impressive. In fact, tons of people thought Vince was going to bust. He was you're classic boom/bust prospect. Hell, even Merril Hoge thought Young would be collassal bust. And while most people expected Leinart to be better at this point in his career, many were concerned about his lack of physical tools.

Comment

The first time Mayock put out stuff on the 2008 draft, he clearly stated that Ryan should be the #1 overall pick and would turnout to be a franchise QB. He never wavered from that decision, not once.
                          When Cutler was at Vanderbilt, Mayock predicted hje would be a round 1 pick long before anybody ever heard of the guy and he was right there as well. His track record for QB's has been superior to most GM's and I thin k if he say Sanchez is now his #1 QB, teams will take it seriously.
                          Teams have had the whole post season to evaluate both Sanchez and Stafford as leaders so I take it quite seriously when Mayock says it.
                          No, Mayock isn't the end all or be all of scouting, Casserly, the ex GM of the Texans has been quite impressive IMO about his draft assessment on prospects as well, and together I think they present a fairly clear picture on each prospect's draft status. However, the draft was and remains a crapshoot when it comes to finding starters and talent IMO, I'd take these guys assessment on prospects over Mayhew's any day of the week.
                          Last edited by Iamcanadian; 04-14-2009, 11:10 PM.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Mayock had Ryan listed as his top senior QB before the start of the season. I don't know where you got that info from.

Comment

Damn. Now we're doomed, Mayock said Sanchez is better than Stafford.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information