Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock It Up: The Final Lions Mock Thread

Post your Lions mocks here.

I want to know what scenario YOU would like to see.

Try and be realistic. And explain your picks if they're somewhat unconventional.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

This is what I would like to see:

1. QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia
    20. DT Peria Jerry, Mississippi
    33. LB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State
    65. OL Jamon Meredith, South Carolina (or a guard like Levitre if he were there)
    82. CB Coye Francis, San Jose State (or a comparable CB)

In the late rounds, obviously BPA is the way to go, but I'd look first to getting a Kick Returning WR, a TE, and another O-Lineman.
    Last edited by Xiomera; 04-23-2009, 01:55 PM.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

I'll play...

1. Stafford

1A. Jerry - We need solid DT's in order for our linebackers to play better. He can rotate with the other guys we have for his rookie year.

2. Alphonso Smith - This is a deep year for corners, and I don't think next year will be as deep. So I think going corner here will be decent value with this year and next year considered. Plus this guy gets the ball. We barely had any INT's last year.

3. I would love a guy like Max Unger here. But I doubt he will still be on the board. Kind of a cop-out but I would like the best available guard here. We have a pretty good RB so lets give him a consistent starter at guard finally.

3A. Matt Shaughnessy. Just getting us another body for that terrible D-Line we have.In a way kinda of similar to Jason Jones who was on Schwartz's defense last year.

6. Michael Goodson - I'm not positive he will still be here, but he would be an excellent compliment to Kevin Smith.

6A. Brooks Foster - Didn't get many passes because of Tate and Nicks. Could have upside playing slot.

7. Maurice Evans - Worth the gamble at this point.

Comment

1. Mathew Stafford
        20. Robert Ayers Tenn DE
        33. Ron Brace BC DT
        65. Jason Phillips TCU MLB
        82. Chase Coffman Mizz TE

my dream is an entire defensive line of Nose Tackles. ideally we'd trade up for B.J. Raji if he somehow fell past Jacksonville and Green Bay stupidly passed on him. I'd try and make a trade with #11 Buffalo for Raji.
        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Really I have no idea what the Lions are gonna do at #1.

1. Matt Stafford - I'm not nearly as confident on this pick as I was a week ago. I can only hope that the Lions do the right thing here ... and draft BJ Raji :) if they take Curry I will be thoroughly upset.

20. Evander Ziggy Hood DT - Could be Jerry here as well went with Hood because of the fact he's younger and more durable.

33. Phil Loadholt - Is this the right pick? I'm not nearly as confident as I am of Ziggy hood but Loadholt reminds me alot of the guy from SD. (Can't remember his name) that is if he's even there.

65. Duke Robinson OG - These third round picks could really be anything. So frustrating I could see them go OG, CB or DE here They could also take Brinkley or Beckwith. Maybe even a TE

82. Jasper Brinkley - Could be Beckwith if he lasts that long but I still think that Schwartz wants bigger ILBers. I'm well aware that he is a slight reach here.

I fear...

1 - Aaron Curry - I think this is the worst move that they can make. They are caving into fan pressure, trying to be cute, or being cheap either way it is the wrong decision.

20. Evander Ziggy Hood - I guess I am a hood fan. Explanation above.

ugg I don't even wanna think about it.
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

1-1 Aaron Curry OLB/ILB - Played in both 4-3 and Nickel in College, and for those statistical guys out there, nfl defenses play nickel 60% of the time(in case you didn't know Schwartz is a statistical guy).

1-20 Ziggy DT - After trading Redding DT is probably our biggest need. And while I'd love to trade up to 11 or 12 to get Raji (if hes still available) we'd have to give up at least both our 3rd rounders so our next best option is Ziggy. Hes got the size Schwartz loves and we'll need a future replacement for Grady Jackson.

2-33 Louis Delmas S - This might be a homer pick (WMU alum) but he would add some much needed help (even after our free agent signings). Another possibility here would be Vontae Davis, while we did pick up some decent CB's we don't have a top guy and Davis could easily be that guy.

3-65 Duke Robinson OG - After reading through Analysis of Jeff Backus thread
            (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32686) I have to think that we just need some help in the middle of the line and Duke can easily become a staple that holds our line together.

3-82 T.J. Lang OL - I still think we need more help with the middle of our line, and while I'd love to take a center here, I just don't think there will be one with good value at this pick.

Comment

This is what i hope for

Our defense needs playmakers and solid starters. So

1. Arron Curry and set him as the MLB
              1b. Vontae Davis- automatically our starting CB and will be solid in this league
              2. Ron Brace- starting DT
              3. Duke Robinson (i doubt he'll be there) or Phil Loadholt
              3b. Patrick Chung
              6. Kory Sheets as either a kick returner and RB to back up Smith
              6. Henry Melton- decent pass rusher

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                Really I have no idea what the Lions are gonna do at #1.

1. Matt Stafford - I'm not nearly as confident on this pick as I was a week ago. I can only hope that the Lions do the right thing here ... and draft BJ Raji :) if they take Curry I will be thoroughly upset.

20. Evander Ziggy Hood DT - Could be Jerry here as well went with Hood because of the fact he's younger and more durable.

33. Phil Loadholt - Is this the right pick? I'm not nearly as confident as I am of Ziggy hood but Loadholt reminds me alot of the guy from SD. (Can't remember his name) that is if he's even there.

65. Duke Robinson OG - These third round picks could really be anything. So frustrating I could see them go OG, CB or DE here They could also take Brinkley or Beckwith. Maybe even a TE

82. Jasper Brinkley - Could be Beckwith if he lasts that long but I still think that Schwartz wants bigger ILBers. I'm well aware that he is a slight reach here.

I fear...

1 - Aaron Curry - I think this is the worst move that they can make. They are caving into fan pressure, trying to be cute, or being cheap either way it is the wrong decision.

20. Evander Ziggy Hood - I guess I am a hood fan. Explanation above.

ugg I don't even wanna think about it.

Marcus McNeil-Auburn

Comment

My Ideal Draft:

1) Stafford, personally I'm not the biggest fan of Stafford, but QB is a huge need and if he can turn into just an above average QB then this selection will be worth it considering our struggles to find a QB in the past.

20) Michael Oher, this could easily be a trade down spot because some team will probably want to jump on a falling guy. Oher can easily turn into the best tackle from this class if he can gain some consitency as he is a dominant 2-way LT when motivated. He started for 4 years in the SEC, which apparently everybody thinks is the toughest D conference, and was absolutely stunning against top competition. If Rey Maualaga is still available then this could become a heated discussion.

33) James Lauranitis - He's another 4 yr starter who had a great career at OSU. He could become a team captain and leader of this rebuilding, much in the same fashion as Stafford would be for the O. This 2 could be a potential trading spot as teams will want to jump upf for a 1st rd guy who fell for whatever reason.

65) Lawrence Sidbury - This DE can fly and already weighs in at 266 lbs. He's a small-school guy who should have a similar impact as Avril did last yr. He should make a good ratational guy with D. White. Once again, another potential trading down spot.

82) Sammie Lee Hill - a huge DT who also has the ability to develop into a penetrator. He's already in the mold of a run-stuffing, OLine occupying NT who should be a great understudy of Grady. This pick is tough to pick and hopefully end up as BPA and could be a CB like Mickens, Big Back like Shonn Greene, or a TE lile Beckum who could stretch the middle.

6th) Ray Feinga - Big OG who should provide depth and be a guy who could develop into a starting LG once we cut Backus in a yr or 2. Good guy who stayed at home in Utah over top programs like USC, has big upside.

6th) Zach Miller - A very fast TE who is a former QB and showed great hands at his pro-day. Small school TE that should be able to step in in certain circumstances and stretch the seem.

Comment

I love that mock woodnick, but I think all 4 top OT's are gone in the top 11 picks.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

I think I've settled on my mock.. though it's depending on a few guys who probably won't be available..

#1 - Matt Stafford, QB
                      #20 - Rey Maualuga, LB
                      #33 - Ziggy Hood, DT
                      #65 - Eric Wood, OL
                      #82 - Mike Mickens, CB
                      #174 - S/LB/DE
                      #192 - OT
                      #255 - WR/RB

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        I think I've settled on my mock.. though it's depending on a few guys who probably won't be available..

#1 - Matt Stafford, QB
                        #20 - Rey Maualuga, LB
                        #33 - Ziggy Hood, DT
                        #65 - Eric Wood, OL
                        #82 - Mike Mickens, CB
                        #174 - S/LB/DE
                        #192 - OT
                        #255 - WR/RB
                        I like it WMD, but in the past 24 hours, I have converted to being a Laurinaitis supporter. I absolutely want him at 20 or 33. JL is a better fit in our defense than Mau (who I've always thought was a result of talent around him more than anything).

Forget Maualuga. Blame Scott for this change of opinion, haha.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          I love that mock woodnick, but I think all 4 top OT's are gone in the top 11 picks.
                          Yeah, I agree. As soon as I heard about the Bills trade I told my frien that they just f***** us with Oher. The reason that I'm holding out hope for him is that the Bills are supposedly happy with moving Langston Walker to LT, so I'm hoping they go DE at 11 and RT at 28, maybe Loadholt.

But I really dont know if the top 4 OTs get past San Fran to start with.

Whats really gonna piss me off is if Buff gets the last OT at 11 and Denver grabs Rey Rey at 18, hence both of the big trades ending up screwing us at 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                            I like it WMD, but in the past 24 hours, I have converted to being a Laurinaitis supporter. I absolutely want him at 20 or 33. JL is a better fit in our defense than Mau (who I've always thought was a result of talent around him more than anything).

Forget Maualuga. Blame Scott for this change of opinion, haha.
                            Forget you!

I always knew you were a white LB supremacist!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              Forget you!

I always knew you were a white LB supremacist!
                              I'm advocating the selection of a Buckeye. Maybe I have lost it . . .

(Wait, isn't Clay Matthews the white supremacist LB for real?)
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information