Mock It Up: The Final Lions Mock Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    I think I've settled on my mock.. though it's depending on a few guys who probably won't be available..

#1 - Matt Stafford, QB
    #20 - Rey Maualuga, LB
    #33 - Ziggy Hood, DT
    #65 - Eric Wood, OL
    #82 - Mike Mickens, CB
    #174 - S/LB/DE
    #192 - OT
    #255 - WR/RB
    Maualuga wont be there at 20, I like the Wood pick though

Comment

Originally posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
      Maualuga wont be there at 20, Wood is a meh pick.
      At 65 I love the Wood pick. He'll contend for our starting LG spot and be ready to take over if Raiola leaves.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        At 65 I love the Wood pick. He'll contend for our starting LG spot and be ready to take over if Raiola leaves.

i fixed it, i didnt mean to say he was a bad pick. I think we definitely need a center in the draft

Comment

Here it is gentlemen ...

#1) Matt Stafford, QB (UGA) -
          Personally, I want to go D (just not 70 million on a LB though) I also love LT's (but Monroe's knee is suspect/A. Smith needs a bra and a shrink) BUT I think this is the pick Detroit. Along with Megatron, Matt Stafford is the new face of the franchise, like it or not. Hopefully his rifle and gun-slinger mentality keeps our offense on the field so our worst ever defense is not getting trucked! YAHTZEE!

#20) Rey Maualuga, MLB (USC) - Forget 4-3's or 3-4's or talented USC teams to hide minor flaws or worries of off field issues ... this guy is a f#$@ing football player Detroit! The new QB of our defense ... He meets ball carriers in a bad mood, has the size/speed of any elite MLB, and in just 1 season would take a laughing stock of Lions LB's and combine with Peterson & Sims form one of the sickest middles of any D in the league. Hope he is here, love this pick! FORWARD DOWN THE FIELD!!

#33) Ron Brace, DT (BC) - Now this guy is Albert Haynesworth #2 for the Schwartz! Massive everywhere, cat quick and strong in the gaps. Some may say this is a reach, I say you have not watched enough B.C. film from the past 2 seasons. IMO he was a major catalyst in getting Raji to top 10 status. He starts day 1 and helps the LB crew roam. ROAR!! (lol)

#65) Duke Robinson, G (Oklahoma) - His stock slipped late based on Mayock's analysis of his seemingly pedestrian pass blocking skills ... I don't buy it, ask Sam Bradford! this guy is another beast who God just was molded to be a football player. He can start right away next to Backus and his run blocking ability is second to no guard (maybe no lineman) in this draft. If he falls this far I bet he would come into camp ornery and with something to prove since early on he was a 1st round prospect ... that will be to our advantage, he is the youthful size we are looking for inside. BOO-YA!!

#82) Chase Coffman, TE (Mizzou) -
          2 things with this pick: Since we went the QB route we need to get Stafford a safety valve (Lord knows Michael Gaines just is not it) and Linehan uses TE's all over the place in his offense ... look for Coffman to be a BIG impact player (literally he's like 6-6) and be Stafford's new best friend. Decent enough blocker and great hands, not break-away speed but can separate from what I 've seen of him on film. Very much like a basketball player on the field and although Backus is average but serviceable, the left side is now vastly improved over last years! This guy just makes plays ... solid pick. FORWARD DOWN THE FIELD!

6th) Otis Wiley S/KR (GO GREEN!) - This guy was productive, especially as a senior ... I don't get why he is not a higher prospect, the knee must really have scared people away?! Scott says he will be here this late, in Scott we trust! (lol) A leader and a ball hawk. Not a William Moore, "knock out punch" type safety but all around he can get reps and certainly help in the punt return game if needed. ON THE BANKS OF THE RED CEDAR ... (LOL)

6th) Brandon Swain, DE (West Texas A&M) -
          [/B] Who you ask? This kid put up gaudy numbers as a senior .. .very active in the back field, top of the charts for sacks and TFL but many doubt he could perform at that level against top competition? We'll see, I think he could be really good with another 10-15 lbs and some solid mentorship/coaching. Could be a steal and will certainly be a special teamer. FULL OF AWESOMENESS!!

7th) Brice McCain KR/CB (Utah) -
          Sub 4.3 guy, we need speed and he could handle all KR ... also has experience in the defensive backfield and tons of experience. Very smart and did I mention he freak'n fly's!! ZOOOOMMM -->

Comment

What do you guys think of Jamon Meredith? He's sorta a OG/OT, but Scott's scouting report says he could play Left Tackle in this league potentially.

I think he'd be a great pick at 65, and he could be there then. McShay has him as an early 3rd for what it's worth . . .
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Work out warrior (Meredith) ... and this is not the National Combine League.

Personally, I like a top 3 rated guard/center over a top 15 tackle at this spot. Millen reached to fill too many holes, that would be a classic "we need a tackle, which one is the best on the board" pick. Robinson or Urbik would start at LG picked at this spot, and like you said earlier we have like 10 spots to fill ;o) Go with the %'s ... go with the higher rated guy rather than reach for a position when it's your turn to pick.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post

Personally, I like a top 3 rated guard/center over a top 15 tackle at this spot. Millen reached to fill too many holes, that would be a classic "we need a tackle, which one is the best on the board" pick. Robinson or Urbik would start at LG picked at this spot, and like you said earlier we have like 10 spots to fill ;o) Go with the %'s ... go with the higher rated guy rather than reach for a position when it's your turn to pick.
                I guess my opinion of Meredith is a bit higher than just a top 15 OT.

I keep hearing Duke isn't a good fit for us. Levitre or one of the top 3 centers would be best, but I am not optimistic of any of them being there at 65.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

First off I don't think we stay at 20. Really think we move down off that pick if at all possible. Pick up some mid rounders and more ammo.

1A - Matthew Stafford, QB - Georgia
                  1B - Rey Maualuga, MLB - USC
                  2 - Sean Smith, CB - Utah

If we really mess up the contract with Stafford

1A - Aaron Curry, LB - Wake Forest
                  1B - Peria Jerry, DT - Ole Miss
                  2 - Duke Robinson, OG - Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post

I'm pretty high on Merideth myself, and IMO there is a better chance that Merideth will be there at 65 compared to Wood, but I think they'll both be gone. I'd take Merideth as a LG over anybody in this draft not named Mack, and I like his body type and ability as I think it will give him the chance to develop into a Eric Steinbach type of OG, but he does need to get a little more of a mean streak.

Comment

Round 1 #1: Matthew Stafford QB

Round 1 #20: Peria Jerry DT

Round 2: Eric Wood, C

Round 3: Scott Mckillop, MLB

Round 3: Gerald Cadogan, OT

Round 5 (trade up): Mike Wallace, WR

Round 6: Joe Burnett CB

Round 7: Bear Pascoe, TE

Last edited by 5 Fingers of Death; 04-24-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Alright, here we go. I'm only doing the first three rounds. BPA after that.

1.Matt Stafford
                        2.Robert Ayers (I'll take Jerry if he's here)
                        3.Ziggy Hood (If I already got Jerry, I go Alphonso Smith)
                        4.Best OG available (Robinson, Levitre etc)
                        5.Darry Beckwith (If Brinkley was still here I might take him instead)

Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                          Alright, here we go. I'm only doing the first three rounds. BPA after that.

1.Matt Stafford
                          2.Robert Ayers (I'll take Jerry if he's here)
                          3.Ziggy Hood (If I already got Jerry, I go Alphonso Smith)
                          4.Best OG available (Robinson, Levitre etc)
                          5.Darry Beckwith (If Brinkley was still here I might take him instead)
                          I like this, I say basically forget the offensive line this year and build it next year through the draft and free agency. Let Culpepper get pounded into the dirt and let Matthew watch.

Comment

loper should provide nice depth and position flexibility, so we can probably get by this year without much change(1 player in draft) on the oline. that is provided we take advantage of the other picks to shore up our dline and linebackers.
                            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

1. Stafford
                              20 Peria Jerry
                              33 Alphonso Smith (Buchanon and Henry are ok but just don't do it for me in the future)
                              65 Canfield,LeVitre,Lewis (after trade down)
                              82 Brinkley
                              6th Round TE
                              6th Round KR
                              7th Round LB for special teams, Canon is done

2010 stud DE or LT. 2nd Round DE or LT.

Comment

I would REALLY like to know if we plan on playing Anthony Henry at Safety or Corner . . .
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information