No announcement yet.

Grade our draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that you could have had Stafford at 1 and Oher at 21 or so and you didn't makes this draft a total failure. Not really, but Pettigrew is really just an offensive lineman who can go down field sometimes, I see no reason not to go Oher if you take a rookie QB whose supposed to be the face of the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      WMD was being funny. All weekend he used that cliche phrase because he knew how much it annoyed me, haha.
      Maybe because it was all the mocking you did.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
        The fact that you could have had Stafford at 1 and Oher at 21 or so and you didn't makes this draft a total failure. Not really, but Pettigrew is really just an offensive lineman who can go down field sometimes, I see no reason not to go Oher if you take a rookie QB whose supposed to be the face of the franchise.
        I really believe that Schwartz/Mayhew have a realistic plan in place. Imagine what the offense will look like after the 2nd draft. They will draft their LT, have their Franchise QB, Kevin Smith going into year three, along with CJesus and a solid TE. They realized early that this is a multiple draft rebuilding process.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Maybe because it was all the mocking you did.
          I'm great at mocking things.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Besides the obvious answer of I for incomplete

Stafford: A, took balls the GM is thinking long term, as long as we don't follow up with a WR next year which I don't think we will. Calvin won't allow it.

Pettigrew: A-. He was great value, he's a stud and he may not be a trench but he's a trench aid. Helps on multiple levels. Double teaming good DEs, run blocking and a very nice safety valve for our franchise QB on top of it all. Think more than

Delmas: D for Death to anyone going over the middle so therefore A. Fit perfectly, aids in both run defense,tackling and pass defense. Safeties can make an impact. Lay the wood, decent runs won't be huge 40 yard runs with Delmas and Bullocks back there.

DeAndre Levy: C. We'll see on this if Schwartz/Mayhew know what they are doing. I really wanted Jarron Gilbert, but the trade down allowing us to later get a 330 lb DT is very nice. Switching him to the middle makes him a project but we're taking our lumps this year any way. If he works out they are geniuses in the front office. If Hill works out, its still worth the trade down. C also because Levy broke Joe Paternos leg and I want to Penn State.

Derrick Williams: A-. I want to Penn State, I know the guy is a game changer but I'm extremely biased. Helps in the return games which everyon complains about, is quick, did some wildcat things at Penn State, and is a pretty good receiver who could use some polishing on routes though.

Sammie Lee Hill: A. Schwartz said get bigger, 330 lbs in Round 4 is bigger. Project but its Round 4 and he has Grady to work behind this year.

Round 6: Unknown Aaron Brown, 3rd RB chance and kick return skills too.

Round 7: Unknown Murtha, I will call him Martha.
            Round 7: Follett, good value.
            Round 7: Other Tight End. Need two tight end sets. Shows they went BPA.

Overall A- but really an I. Mid terms are after this season and the final is in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDoctor8 View Post
              I really believe that Schwartz/Mayhew have a realistic plan in place. Imagine what the offense will look like after the 2nd draft. They will draft their LT, have their Franchise QB, Kevin Smith going into year three, along with CJesus and a solid TE. They realized early that this is a multiple draft rebuilding process.
              Yeah, x2

One would have to assume Oher is not a franshise LT in their eyes. If that's true you can take him there. Of course, we'll all see who's good and who is not in due time.

Comment

WMD was being funny. All weekend he used that cliche phrase because he knew how much it annoyed me, haha.
                I was just making fun of the MLive losers.. but if it makes you feel better, you can think it had to do with you. That's cool.. I'll go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  I was just making fun of the MLive losers.. but if it makes you feel better, you can think it had to do with you. That's cool.. I'll go along with it.
                  IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

C+/B-

I liked our later 2nd day picks, sans another TE in the 7th. Ive said multiple times on this board my opinion on Pettigrew being a luxury pick we didnt have the luxury to make.

I really thought trading down from the 1st pick in day 2 to then reach on an undersized backer whose position you are changing was a very bad move. I too would have preferred Jarron Gilbert many times over, he seems like a Schwartz esque Dlinemen with a lot of versatility too.

Im not sold on Delmas either, hopefully he doesnt join our growing list of underachieving 2nd round safeties.

Comment

Everyone is making a huge f'ing deal over taking a 7th round TE.

I wasn't aware that a 7th round pick could make or break a draft, haha.

Talk about petty haters.

(This comment is not directly in response to Nerv's comment above. I have heard that said all day long ).
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        Detroit: A+

Sure, we still have to wait 3 years to find out if Stafford is any good but he fit Schwartz's scheme and the position was absolutely correct.
                        Pettigrew - In an exceptionally weak draft, he was a steal at #20. He is like having a 2nd LT playing on the field re: blocking and is a real comfort player who should really help Stafford develop and Schwartz schemes runs a lot of plays for his TE's if he follows Tennessee's style offense.
                        Delmas - Can he stand up as a SS over time because he puts his body on the line every play. If there weren't longevity concerns he is easily a 1st rounder.
                        In this weak draft, the rest of the picks are anybodies guess but I think they did their homework and we'll just have to see.
                        A+ ??
                        Wow, we must have 4 future Pro Bowlers and a Hall of Famer in that crop for a perfect grade from the Canadian. I'm playing with you ... optimism is one thing but really, an A+? ;o) Love your enthusiasm hope it sticks!

Comment

Get used to passing on MLB's guys. Schwartz places little value on the position, so it's not a surprise to me that he passed over Maualuga for Delmas, who could be the Lions version of Chris Hope.

I liked the Pettigrew pick personally. It's smart to give a young QB an outlet like a talented TE, who will no doubt thrive with Calvin Johnson going deep. Not to mention, Pettigrew's ability as an inline blocker helps compensate a struggling OT.

Also, there's no such thing as a luxury pick. Over the past two Drafts, the Titans took Michael Griffin and Chris Johnson in the 1st RD - both were "luxury" picks. They both made the Pro Bowl last season. If the player helps the team, then it's not a luxury.

Besides, like half the Titans DEF hits FA next year. ;)
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!
                            Xio just confirmed she is a female.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

B+ for the most part i really liked what we did the move i think we missed on was levy..i dont know to much about him so its not as much a riip on him as it is that we passed up kraig urbik for him i think most people agree urbik could step in and start right away..so i hate that pick.stafford and pettigrew are both good picks but when taken together there a great pick..i cant remember the lions having a real tight end and he will help all phases of the offense and also really help stafford as a young qb really needs good tight end.. look at aikman- novachek..rivers-gates..cutler-schefler..rothlisberger-miller.and when stafford is down in the redzone he can look to calvin and pettigrew as both are about 6'6 that will make it easy on him..so the pettigrew pick was amazing i think.i like the derrick williams pick to he is versitale and also a stafford protection pick..he might not help every game but he can make a game changing play every now and then..sammie lee hill is great pick in my opinion he was about the biggest dt there is and seems to be a athlete to.maybe not this year but after a year in a nfl program we can get his strength technique and conditioning to where he can realize his great potentional and help our whole front 7(maybe a not fat and lazy shaun rogers)..delmas is a nice pick also i know we passed on some good players but we did get the top safety in the draft..he reminds me of ed reed i know he is not quite the player..but there both hardhitting ball hawks with great instincts and have similar builds coming out and he will help stafford in practice everyday cause he is so competive(from what i hear).the lydon murtha pick i think is good too..i never seen him play but i read when healthy he was a 4 year starter at nebraska that speaks alot of him..and his measurables are elite so anytime you can get a elite athlete from a big time program in the 7th round you should..i know he is somewhat of a project but now that we have a legit nfl coaching staff maybe some of our picks will improve lol..im not gonna lie and say i know anything about the other picks but if we get anything from them it will be a upgrade over past years...i know we still have holes but we have to look at the big picture and realize its gonna take a few drafts to get us right.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                                Xio just confirmed she is a teenage female.
                                you got a free improvement!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information