Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade our draft

C-

hated the Pettigrew pick, hated the Levy pick, and i also did not like the Williams pick. Not a fan of the runningback we got either. Meh overall, we didn't really shore up this defense.
    Last edited by LOLitsTomBrady; 04-26-2009, 07:03 PM.

B-.

Did not adequately address critical needs, though they added some nice talent. The defense will be ugly again in 2009.

Comment

B+

First day was awesome, and second day filled needs. Only head scratcher was Levy with our first third round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Aard View Post
        B-.

Did not adequately address critical needs, though they added some nice talent. The defense will be ugly again in 2009.
        Yeah i mean in order to rebuild a team, you need to develop your young guys. We only got 1 guy i liked for the Defense and thats Delmas. But we needed Maulaluga at that 20th pick or even when he slipped in the 2nd round. I mean hes a madman who could have changed the face of our defense...and yet we reach for OLBs and try and put them as ILB. I don't know, im just really not feeling this draft and if we got 3 guys who end up good, i'll be happy. I just feel the "Millen presence" is still strong in Allen park. We just don't know how to draft. I hope im wrong. But im very disappointed in this draft.

Comment

I'm borderline C+/B-. I know we needed defense but we got a OLB after we just picked one and i wish we would've picked D or O line, but I'm going to assume they were BPA on the lion's board.

Comment

over all im satisfied. the pettigrew pick shows we are comitted to build around stafford. Delmas is completely a Schwartz pick. He had a good safety in Tennessee with griffin and delmas is expected to fill that role. Levy is a head scratcher but they must be looking at him to play MLB. I actually really do like the williams pick and thinks he could be a great contributer on our offense. I also like the Sammy Lee Hill hes huge and can be a great NT for us and can clog the middle on the Dline.

Overall i was hoping they would address Defense more ealry on but they did add 2 LBS a DT and Safety.

Yes our defense is going to struggle next year but we all knew it wasnt a one year fix unless we went all defense from 1 on. The good news is tho that they are trying to build around Stafford. Pettigrew will be a great piece to the offense with him and CJ. Plus he is a good blocker and does make our oline better.

Comment

Originally posted by Aard View Post
              B-.

Did not adequately address critical needs, though they added some nice talent.
              My thoughts exactly

Comment

B+

I don't care about needs. Every position is a need.

I care about talent, and we got a lot of that this weekend.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

By pick:
                  Stafford: A
                  Pettigrew: C+
                  Delmas: B
                  Levy: C-
                  Williams: B
                  Hill: A- (BURNING BUILDING)
                  Brown: B-
                  Murtha: A-
                  Follett/Grontkowski: Irrelevant

Overall: B

Could have done better but filled a few needs and really helped establish a core of weapons around Stafford.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

A-
                    QB of future signed before draft, real TE, impact presence in the secondary, a couple good pass rushing LBs to fill out the position, hill and murtha are two big talented pieces of clay for our coaches, and we have a couple nice options as return men. they picked some nice talent for each level-trenches, linebackers, secondary, skill positions, etc. i'm trusting schwartz.
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Aside from Sammie Lee Hill and Lydon Murtha, I don't think we built the TRENCHES!

Comment

C+ simply because I can't see the plan in failing to land a MLB or LT/LG who could potentially start.

Sure, if some of these players work out then it's a much better grade, but that's always true.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                          Aside from Sammie Lee Hill and Lydon Murtha, I don't think we built the TRENCHES!
                          Stafford is gonna play LG until he's ready to take over at QB.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

B

Delmas and Follett will smash and bash.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                              B+

I don't care about needs. Every position is a need.

I care about talent, and we got a lot of that this weekend.
                              Exactly. I have saw our last 5 drafts all been A's and end up being terrible. I'm not judging anything until they have played in the league.

I have a feeling Sims won't be around much longer though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information