Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Valenti (97.1) is ripping the Lions apart

this is hilarious

OH NOES! The guy who's whole claim to fame in the draft is considering 3-4 OLBs as DEs in the 4-3 standard is angry OOOOOHHHH Boy.
    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Show him this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...ory?id=4104114

Lions among the highest grades.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        Show him this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...ory?id=4104114

Lions among the highest grades.
        lol @ the raiders 0.78 GPA.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

The actual letter grades mean nothing to me. It's the Lions rank among the 32 teams to look at. And these experts have the Lions in the top 6-8 teams.

P.S. Mike Valenti is a disgrace to humanity. And I didn't even listen to his rant. He's always an irrational hothead.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

lol USA Today's opinion actually counted towards our GPA
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

The actual letter grades mean nothing to me. It's the Lions rank among the 32 teams to look at. And these experts have the Lions in the top 6-8 teams.

P.S. Mike Valenti is a disgrace to humanity. And I didn't even listen to his rant. He's always an irrational hothead.
              You must be a Michigan fan. (lol)
              Valenti has passion. He also does his homework. Yeah, he flies off the handle often but I'd rather have that than a guy who is just mild mannered and non opinionated. It is entertainment after all ... "disgrace to humanity" is a pretty tough judgment to anyone not named Matt Millen ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                You must be a Michigan fan. (lol)
                Valenti has passion. He also does his homework. Yeah, he flies off the handle often but I'd rather have that than a guy who is just mild mannered and non opinionated. It is entertainment after all ... "disgrace to humanity" is a pretty tough judgment to anyone not named Matt Millen ;o)
                That's where we'll disagree then. I don't care so much about the entertainment value of him. If he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about and has a mis-informed opinion, then what exactly is the point?

Not every single thing in sports is meant to be taken to extremes. In his book, there is no middle ground. He either thinks you're awesome or horrendous.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

That's where we'll disagree then. I don't care so much about the entertainment value of him. If he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about and has a mis-informed opinion, then what exactly is the point?

Not every single thing in sports is meant to be taken to extremes. In his book, there is no middle ground. He either thinks you're awesome or horrendous.
                  basically, he's a woman
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Ugh. I don't mind if someone has an unfavorable opinion of our draft.. but it seems like EVERYONE in the Detroit media just decided to hate on the draft.. Which means casual fans who don't know any better are going to think what they're told by the Detroit media.. Just go to MLive and see what happens as a result of that.

Comment

Listen, the guys you're talking of (Foster/Valenti/Karsh/Caputto/Sharp/Kowalski/Birkett/Wojonowski/Shepard/Rosenberg/Costonika etc) ... these cats have been around Detroit for anywhere from 7 to 40 years covering this cities sports teams so to say they are steeped in losing ways with the Lion's is an understatement!! Most are The guilty until proven innocent mentality b/c it get's listeners and readers who only plug into that media b/c of fear doubt and worry.

Comment

X - I respect that opinion of yours ...
                        I listen to very little radio myself, but sometimes between 5-5:30 on the commute I listen in to Valenti b/c a) he's interesting and is known to go bonkers on the air which tends to make me laugh and b) it's the only local stuff no syndicated or on satellite.

Stafford has us atop the NFC North in 3 years they (me) can eat crow.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                          X - I respect that opinion of yours ...
                          I listen to very little radio myself, but sometimes between 5-5:30 on the commute I listen in to Valenti b/c a) he's interesting and is known to go bonkers on the air which tends to make me laugh and b) it's the only local stuff no syndicated or on satellite.

Stafford has us atop the NFC North in 3 years they (me) can eat crow.
                          When they aren't talking about the draft, I enjoy all of the sports talk on 97.1, but I hate the Valenti and Foster show.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

It's too much damn negativity. Every time the Lions do something that isn't what they have expected and read about for the last 2 months leading up to the draft, it's "typical Lions". More like "Typical knee jerk reaction by close minded clueless sheep"

Don't get me wrong.. I wanted Maualuga, and I wanted Oher.. but I'm not going to talk bad about the new regime because they passed on guys who have big time question marks. I understand why they picked Pettigrew.

Comment

I've been listening to 97.1 from California for one year off my I phone. Valenti has a lot of sports knowledge but he is an unhappy person who needs some emotional counseling. I can see where most of the guys from 97.1 are coming from. Build up the defense and the lines before you get your tight ends and receivers. I can't argue with that. But this year we picked up a franchise QB who needs to have weapons for him to throw to. I just wished we could of gotten a offensive guard like Duke Robinson or Kraig Urbick to help with the run game.

I think these guys are too negative and need to lighten up some. Most fans on these forums do agree this draft was not off bad grading it out to be a least a B.

I'm looking forward to the next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information