Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Calhoun released

http://www.freep.com/article/2009050...+Brian+Calhoun

Good move, he never did anything as a Lion.

Another wasted mid-round pick

Comment

Saves 530 K.

He is the epitomy of wasted Millen 3rd round picks. Thank goodness Kevin Smith and Avril did something. I guess its impossible to miss on every 3rd round pick in 8 years. Now they have to take the next step.

Aaron Brown and Antone Smith did well in the rookie mini camp. Makes sense to get rid of Calhoun.

Comment

Very nice we had too many RB's doing nothing.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

I guess that means the Lions Injured Reserve has an extra spot.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Man, I will give the new coaching staff this - they know who to get rid of. They are going down the roster and releasing all the bums, one by one. Henson, Gaines, Fisher, Calhoun. Watch out Alex Lewis! You're next.

Comment

CLEAN HOUSE!

Are there any more high Millen draft picks left to purge?

How about IAF?
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                CLEAN HOUSE!

Are there any more high Millen draft picks left to purge?

How about IAF?
                Can Dizon be cut yet?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Can Dizon be cut yet?
                  I hereby grant them permission.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Anyone have the link to the article talking about when they selected Calhoun?

If I remember, there was some idiotic reason for taking him. Something insanely funny in the war room, I just can't remember exactly what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                      Anyone have the link to the article talking about when they selected Calhoun?

If I remember, there was some idiotic reason for taking him.
                      Yeah, I remember that story vaguely. I think someone shouted it out in the back of the room and Millen just rolled with it.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Keith Smith. He's making 2 million and not much of a special teamer. Is there a better 4th corner we could get for cheaper, I'm hoping King is the nickel and we find a 5th corner out of the undrafted guys.

Ikaika, one last chance IMO.

Stanton could be gone depending on the cheap vets out there? Stanton will get limited reps so a vet might be better.Culpepper or Stafford are the only 2 options to play obviously.

Alexander is safe, although we'll see how he recovers from injury. Delmas will beat will be the starting FS and Bullocks the SS.

Dizon its too early to completely give up on the guy. If he is outperformed by Follett and others fine, but don't cut him now. Maybe he has some use as a special teamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          Yeah, I remember that story vaguely. I think someone shouted it out in the back of the room and Millen just rolled with it.
                          fml.

fmm

**** matt millen

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
                            Keith Smith. He's making 2 million and not much of a special teamer. Is there a better 4th corner we could get for cheaper, I'm hoping King is the nickel and we find a 5th corner out of the undrafted guys.

Ikaika, one last chance IMO.

Stanton could be gone depending on the cheap vets out there? Stanton will get limited reps so a vet might be better.Culpepper or Stafford are the only 2 options to play obviously.

Alexander is safe, although we'll see how he recovers from injury. Delmas will beat will be the starting FS and Bullocks the SS.

Dizon its too early to completely give up on the guy. If he is outperformed by Follett and others fine, but don't cut him now. Maybe he has some use as a special teamer.
                            I think Keith Smith could be decent for us. He was improving before the injury last year.

We don't really need to be saving money. We still have money to spend.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Wait, is Avien Cason still on the roster?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information