2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    I want you guys to go Eric Berry! I'll go buy an EB Lions jersey!

In one Draft, the Titans drafted their franchise LT Michael Roos in the 2nd RD, their franchise RT David Stewart in the 4th RD, and their swing OL Daniel Loper in the 5th RD. In a previous Draft, they did have to use a 1st RD pick to get their stud DT Albert Haynesworth.

So, if Schwartz wants to try to reflect that method, he could pass on the LT in the 1st RD - which would probably piss off all the people who wanted a LT in this Draft - in favor of a DT.
    you're forgetting two things though:

1. The titans can draft (except for the 40 RB's in the first two days)
    2. The Lions have so far shown little ability to draft.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think Ciron Black will be the top rated LT in the draft when next year rolls around. I would go DE or LT in round 1. I tend to think it's easier to find a good DT in round 2 than a good LT. Dunlap, Ciron Black, or Berry/Mays. Nothing wrong with having two sweet safeties. Delmas and Berry/Mays would be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Comment

i think that if our staff tohught LT was a huge need that oher woulda been the pick at 20.

Comment

Originally posted by detroit4life View Post
          i think that if our staff tohught LT was a huge need that oher woulda been the pick at 20.
          BPA was pettigrew, Oher had some questions. Besides if the Stafford deal is constructed as they say it is he's cheap enough not to start this year, so they can fix it next year. Rookie LT's can play and play well, Rookie QB's are best with a clipboard.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I think 4 wins is doable if Schwartz can be a HC which is still unproven at this point. I'm hoping for the best but doing it is another thing altogether.

On offense:
            QB C with Culpepper starting with some improvement possible.
            RB C+ Smith is solid but unspectacular
            WR A although we still need a couple of more WR's to come through
            OL C+ if we are serious about running the ball, the OL may do better than expected.
            DE D+ just not much there
            DT D+ not up to snuff just yet.
            LB C better than last year but a long ways to go.
            CB C+ certainly better than last year but may really struggle if we cannot mount a pass rush.
            S B should be effective against the run, just not sure how well it does with such a weak DL vs the pass

We still have a long ways to go especially on defense. It will be very interesting to see how Schwartz's background as a DC translates to HCing and how much he can get out of that defense.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
              I think 4 wins is doable if Schwartz can be a HC which is still unproven at this point. I'm hoping for the best but doing it is another thing altogether.

On offense:
              QB C with Culpepper starting with some improvement possible.
              RB C+ Smith is solid but unspectacular
              WR A although we still need a couple of more WR's to come through
              OL C+ if we are serious about running the ball, the OL may do better than expected.
              DE D+ just not much there
              DT D+ not up to snuff just yet.
              LB C better than last year but a long ways to go.
              CB C+ certainly better than last year but may really struggle if we cannot mount a pass rush.
              S B should be effective against the run, just not sure how well it does with such a weak DL vs the pass

We still have a long ways to go especially on defense. It will be very interesting to see how Schwartz's background as a DC translates to HCing and how much he can get out of that defense.
              I think you're a little down on our linebacking trio. We have reliable veterans and youth with some upside.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I think the Lions are good enough to be the first team picking in the NFC North. They might win 6 games and depending on how the rest of the league does they may still be selecting from 5th-9th overall.
                The best players available for improving the defense are Suh, McCoy, Hardy, Mays, Berry, Spikes and Dunlap.
                Suh and McCoy are stud DT's. I do not like Mount Cody.
                Hardy and Dunlap are premier DE's.
                Mays may be Urlacher reborn or he may be the prototype strong safety.
                E. Berry is a great DB wherever you play him.
                Spikes may fall far enough to be a quality addition in the middle of the round. Herzlich will be there, too. So will Jerry Hughes and a CB or two.

Comment

Of course Okung will be available and a stable of good RB's, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    you're forgetting two things though:

1. The titans can draft (except for the 40 RB's in the first two days)
                    2. The Lions have so far shown little ability to draft.
                    Blast! Don't make me make a WR joke! :D

The Titans haven't really been an amazing Drafting team, to be honest. They haven't done poorly, but they've been relatively hit or miss. In actuality, it's been the ability to let bigger name FA's leave and replacing them, and bringing in under the radar players who fit the scheme. I think Schwartz can help bring that ability to the Lions, and I think that was demonstrated by bringing in guys like Larry Foote, Grady Jackson, Daniel Loper, Eric King, and trading for guys like Anthony Henry and Julian Peterson.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by weasel View Post
                      I think the Lions are good enough to be the first team picking in the NFC North. They might win 6 games and depending on how the rest of the league does they may still be selecting from 5th-9th overall.
                      The best players available for improving the defense are Suh, McCoy, Hardy, Mays, Berry, Spikes and Dunlap.
                      Suh and McCoy are stud DT's. I do not like Mount Cody.
                      Hardy and Dunlap are premier DE's.
                      Mays may be Urlacher reborn or he may be the prototype strong safety.
                      E. Berry is a great DB wherever you play him.
                      Spikes may fall far enough to be a quality addition in the middle of the round. Herzlich will be there, too. So will Jerry Hughes and a CB or two.
                      He has cancer, so I highly doubt that.

Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                        I think you're a little down on our linebacking trio. We have reliable veterans and youth with some upside.
                        As long as the DL stinks, the LB's will be extremely limited in what they can do. They aren't going to be getting a whole lot of help and I don't think they are good enough to compensate.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                          He has cancer, so I highly doubt that.
                          7th round flyer?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            7th round flyer?
                            He's probably done with football completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                              He's probably done with football completely.
                              well that sucks... let's hope for his sake he survives this.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Everson Griffen or Eric Berry for me. Ev is going to have a monster year for the Trojans. Eric Berry would have been a top 10 pick had he come out last year. He is an Ed Reed type game changer but can actually tackle.

Originally posted by supermario86
                                Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information