No announcement yet.

2010 Draft Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love john jerry and hope that his lack of pulling drops him down a bit. pre senior bowl ratings had him as a late rounder and if teams aren't in love with a guard then they tend to drop. i'd take him with one of our 5th rounders even if we nab iupati. all we have is peterman's injury and scrub signings after the season, every other guard's contract is up. we'd need him for insurance with peterman. our line runs a little zone but is in process of switching to power blocking so i'm sure we could use him.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by cotts1 View Post
      It's possible he could fall, but unlikely IMO. Eric Wood and Alex Mack were both first round picks last year. They were drafted to play center though, still Iupati is a better prospect than both of those guys IMO. We'll see...
      And neither guy was a top 20 pick, which was the point. No one was saying a guard couldn't go in round one, just that it isn't necessary to trade into the top 20 to get Iupati.
      Last edited by ironman4579; 01-28-2010, 07:03 AM.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• In this draft, if we traded in the top 20, there would be better players to take than Iupati. He hasn't been playing either tackle position well thus far. It's not like he is a Brenden Albert or anything.

I would trade up if a good LT tackle fell, but trading up for a guard when we have so many other holes seems like a bit of a reach to me. BPA is still our best strategy as far as I am concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
          And neither guy was a top 20 pick, which was the point. No one was saying a guard couldn't go in round one, just that it isn't necessary to trade into the top 20 to get Iupati.
          Yea I know thanks... My point is that I think Iupati is a better prospect than both Wood and Mack and thus could potentially go in the top 20...not trying to say we should trade up for him, just would love if he fell to us at 34.

I would love Jerry in the 5th with or without Iupati.
          Last edited by cotts1; 01-28-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            Tampa 2 is different than cover 2.
            The basic idea of both is exactly the same although certain HC's may prefer a slightly different approach based on their own preferences.
            Tony Dungy brought the defense back into vogue while he was at Tampa and called it the Tampa 2 but when he moved to the Colts, he called it a Cover 2 just like Marinelli did with the Lions.
            Both Dungy and Marinelli didn't want to keep the name used in Tampa but it is the same defense.

It is just like the 3-4 where each HC has his own way of playing it, NE's 3-4 doesn't operate like the Jets 3-4 but it is still the same defense in principle.
            Last edited by Iamcanadian; 01-28-2010, 07:58 PM.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

• these guys must be reading these boards now!

http://www.freep.com/article/2010012...TS01/1280426/?

MOBILE, Ala. -- Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson couldn't receive a bigger compliment than this through three practices at the Senior Bowl: "That's the guy that's been a pain in my ass so far."

That quote came from Lions receivers coach Shawn Jefferson. The Lions' coaches are leading the North in preparation for Saturday's game. Jefferson challenged Wilson with a little trash talk when the coaches and prospects first met Sunday, only to watch Wilson blanket his receivers over the next three days.

"I introduced myself, and he said, 'We're going to be cooking you up,' " Wilson said, smiling. "I've been wanting to get at him since we got here. I've got a lot of respect for him. I definitely think I earned it out there. I try my hardest out there to really compete and try to make it hard for the offense and the receivers."

Wilson has been the North's best cover corner this week, perhaps the Senior Bowl's best, period. He is listed at 5-feet-10, 190 pounds, and projected to be drafted in the first three rounds.

"He's got the speed to stay with the receivers, and he's got the lateral movement in his hips and the good change of direction to stay with the receivers," Jefferson said. "And he has toughness. The thing I like about him the most, he does not mind getting up and getting in a receiver's face and challenging him. I like that about him. I love it."

Wilson takes pride in one-on-one matchups.

"You versus me, and it's going to be me," Wilson said.
              i absolutely love that quote

lol found this on the senior bowl thread. all aboard!

Last edited by Prowler; 01-28-2010, 04:02 PM.
              Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                these guys must be reading these boards now!

http://www.freep.com/article/2010012...TS01/1280426/?

i absolutely love that quote
                Yeah, sounds like Kyle Wilson is making himself some $$ with his performance during the senior bowl practices. Still don't think CB is our #34 pick ...

Comment

• Wilson is looking gooooooood! Currently working on a 2 round mock draft...we miss Wilson, but trade up to get Iupati. Hopefully it will be up tonight.
                  [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by noondog View Post
                    I hate to say it, but unless the Lions trade up I don't see us landing Iupati. They'll need to sneak back into the 17 spot imo.
                    I agree, there is zero chance we can land him.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                      I agree, there is zero chance we can land him.
                      only if he falls through the first, which isn't gonna happen.

Brandon Graham guys, mark it down.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Graham ain't making it out of the 1st either....

Comment

• i put a mock draft in the other but can discuss here i guess.

how do you feel about:
                          Lions gives up 2nd(580) + 3rd(265)=845
                          NE gives up 1st(780) + 4th(58)=838

to secure Iupati?

NE drops a dozen spots and picks up a 3rd for its 4th.
                          We give up our 3rd for a 4th and grab Iupati.

Yea or Nay?

edit-
                          1(2). Suh/McCoy
                          1(22). Iupati
                          4(2).
                          4(22).
                          5(2).
                          5(15).
                          6(2).
                          Last edited by Prowler; 01-29-2010, 04:31 PM. Reason: added visual
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                            i put a mock draft in the other but can discuss here i guess.

how do you feel about:
                            Lions gives up 2nd(580) + 3rd(265)=845
                            NE gives up 1st(780) + 4th(58)=838

to secure Iupati?

NE drops a dozen spots and picks up a 3rd for its 4th.
                            We give up our 3rd for a 4th and grab Iupati.

Yea or Nay?
                            Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of trading up more than a 5 picks to get somebody. We still have too many holes to fill and we need to keep as many picks as possible.

Comment

• I know Guard is arguably our biggest need, I just can't see giving up a 3rd Round pick to trade up for one. Guard is arguably the easiest position to find outside of the 1st round. If the Lions did that I wouldn't be upset, but it's not a move I'd probably make if I was in charge.

Comment

• I'm on the fence with trading up. I like it and I don't. I just think getting three starters, out of your first three picks means more than trading up and losing a pick to select a guard.

I wouldn't care either way, but I just think this team needs starters and in this deep draft our first three picks could all turn out to be quality starters.

Either way I understand, although I really would be surprised to see our staff make a move like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information