The Official Matt Stafford Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-L View Post
    Looking at the Jets' offensive line give Mark Sanchez all ******* day to throw makes me jealous. Why can't we have an offensive line like that?
    Four former 1st round picks, highest paid O-line in the league. There is usually a reason for good lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
      Four former 1st round picks, highest paid O-line in the league. There is usually a reason for good lines.
      Being devil's advocate here ... but OUR Detroit Lions O-line have three former 1st round picks (Backus, Cherilus & Pettigrew) and a 2nd (Railoa) & 3rd rounder (Peterman). Not sure where their pay ranks but those are pretty high draft picks.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that everyone around here now believes me when I tried telling them how much UGA will miss Stafford. Only scoring 10 points agianst a big 12 defense shows how much Stafford carried the team on his back last year.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
          I think it's safe to say that everyone around here now believes me when I tried telling them how much UGA will miss Stafford. Only scoring 10 points agianst a big 12 defense shows how much Stafford carried the team on his back last year.
          I'm a Stafford fan but Knowshon Moreno had a TON to do with that as well.

Regardless, congratulations Matthew Stafford on being named the starter so early against New Orleans in week 1. Wow, the future is NOW.

Comment

Matt Stafford is getting an early start on the Ironman Streak. Brett Favre is goin down in 16 years!

Just something to depress everyone here. As long as Stafford turns out, and plays say.. 15/16 years.. How old will you be when Matt Stafford decides to hang it up?

I will be.................................... 40. How depressing is that? Matt Stafford's career is gonna lead me right into my mid-life crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
              Matt Stafford is getting an early start on the Ironman Streak. Brett Favre is goin down in 16 years!

Just something to depress everyone here. As long as Stafford turns out, and plays say.. 15/16 years.. How old will you be when Matt Stafford decides to hang it up?

I will be.................................... 40. How depressing is that? Matt Stafford's career is gonna lead me right into my mid-life crisis.
              I'll be in my late thirties. I could combine the two and blame Stafford for my midlife crisis.

But in all seriousness. Stafford is gonna play for 25 years. Easily.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

mortreport Bradford's positives: accuracy (big deal), touch, size & strong character. Bottom line: think Stafford would've been first, no matter what.about 3 hours ago from web
                Its seems like The Mort says Stafford is better than Bradford.
                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

i'll be 7 months ahead of you. maybe stafford will have retired twice by then
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

We will probably see a poor version of Manning's rookie season out of him; lots of bright spots along with lots of mistakes (i see Sanchez having a poorer version of Roethlisberger's rookie campaign).

I had my doubts about how he would fare if he started game 1, but if for nothing else, Stafford should begin to develop a chemistry with Megatron deep and Pettigrew over the middle.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Troy Aikman was 0-11 as a rookie starter but they started laying the foundation there for a great franchise run. I would be less worried about Matthew Stafford long term and more worried about the team they surround him with.

Comment

The Lions regardless of draft position must go LT or DE next year. Matt Stafford names starter. It is such a 50/50 decision that could set the franchise back ever worse than it is (if that is possible) or set them up for a decent future.
                        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                          The Lions regardless of draft position must go LT or DE next year. Matt Stafford names starter. It is such a 50/50 decision that could set the franchise back ever worse than it is (if that is possible) or set them up for a decent future.
                          The DT position says Hi I suck balls.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

If he played 15 years, I'd be 45. Sad.

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                              I'm going to say you have a better chance of finding a good DE in rounds 2 though whatever. Drafting a LT directly or indirectly improves your two best players, Johnson and Stafford.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                                Troy Aikman was 0-11 as a rookie starter but they started laying the foundation there for a great franchise run. I would be less worried about Matthew Stafford long term and more worried about the team they surround him with.
                                Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning are the only QBs in the last 20 or so years that I can think of that started as early as Stafford on such a bad team and ended up being successful long term.

There is a longer list of failures.

So yeah...hopefully Mayhew can put together a team like Jones did in Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information