No announcement yet.

The Official Matt Stafford Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't see the game, but from what I heard there were a higher-than-usual amount of dropped passes. Obviously not having Calvin Johnson hurt.

Comment

that bryant johnson drop on the first drive about killed me. i saw flashes of hope from a great throw, then he dropped it.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

It is mind-boggling how good Stafford has looked when he actually has protection and is able to set his feet and step into his throws. The Lions protected him real well in the second half of today's game and he played awesome. Five (or was it six?) dropped passes really suck though.

Comment

I believe Detroit will be forced to use their 1st pick on a LT if one ends up rated where we draft. If Stafford doesn't get more protection and continually gets roughed around like he was today, he won't last 3 years in pro football. He simply must be given more protection.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

The kid took a beating today. He's a tough son of a gun that's for sure.

Comment

How many passes did he throw against Seattle? Over 50 today. I don't like that at all. That is how you ruin young QBs. 0 INTS was promising, but I'm debating whether or not I think he should sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                How many passes did he throw against Seattle? Over 50 today. I don't like that at all. That is how you ruin young QBs. 0 INTS was promising, but I'm debating whether or not I think he should sit.
                ...and another 50 vs. Minnesota

Comment

It's amazing that we would rather have a QB throw 50 times then rely on our running game. It shows how little faith the coaches have on our RBs. Don't be surprised if we go RB in the draft much earlier than anyone will think we should.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                    It's amazing that we would rather have a QB throw 50 times then rely on our running game. It shows how little faith the coaches have on our RBs. Don't be surprised if we go RB in the draft much earlier than anyone will think we should.
                    We can't do that we really can't Smith isn't going to be confused with a top 15 NFL Running back any time soon but what we need is linemen. More specifically a LT.
                    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                      Smith isn't going to light anyone on fire but I think he is adequate with a better line. A better line with make both him and Stafford look a lot better. They gotta retool that thing. Stafford was throwing 50 times because they were playing from behind the the whole game and getting into situations like 2nd and long, 3rd and long.

With the way Minnesota was blitzing, our best play was the screen. RBs were getting stuffed, Stafford had people in his face... so they needed to throw and get rid of the ball fast. A few times the screen worked but it also resulted in Staff getting steamrolled.

God, I hope he doesn't get David Carr'd.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                        We can't do that we really can't Smith isn't going to be confused with a top 15 NFL Running back any time soon but what we need is linemen. More specifically a LT.
                        I actually thought Backus looked pretty good against Allen yesterday. Peterman and Cherilus not so much.

Comment

Yeah, the right side got dominated.. but they pointed out during the game that we were sliding protection to eliminate Jared Allen.

We will need a new LT though. I guess this is the first year where we benefit from cutting Jeff Backus. I think he'll be gone. We also need a LG and RG.. and a FB and RB too. Siiiiigih...

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                            Yeah, the right side got dominated.. but they pointed out during the game that we were sliding protection to eliminate Jared Allen.

We will need a new LT though. I guess this is the first year where we benefit from cutting Jeff Backus. I think he'll be gone. We also need a LG and RG.. and a FB and RB too. Siiiiigih...
                            Dont forget the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              Dont forget the defense.
                              Agreed.

Suh / McCoy in the first and hopefully Jason Fox in the second. I think that would be the best way to go right now in the draft.
                              [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

What a game. I know it was against the hopeless Browns, but the performance put down by Stafford has to be damn exciting and completely epic. I don't care who you play, a 422 yard, 5 TD game bringing your team back from 24-3 to win 38-37 is pretty special. I understand it was mostly just getting the ball to the only elite player on the field (Calvin Johnson) when the DET O was on with the CLE D, but Matt made it happen under ridiculous circumstances.

Awesomeness.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information