No announcement yet.

The Official Matt Stafford Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the performance was great. Probably one of, if not, the best I've ever seen from a Lions quarterback.

Comment

Anyone have his status for thursday? I'm not watching those turkeys without Stafford out there.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
        Probably one of, if not, the best I've ever seen from a Lions quarterback.
        Yeah, but in your lifetime, there have not been a lot of Lions QBs that have put up impressive performances.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          Anyone have his status for thursday? I'm not watching those turkeys without Stafford out there.
          He is unlikely to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-thanksgiving/

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            He didnt look very good at the end of that game that's for sure. I'll turn it on early in the AM thursday (west coast) and if he isnt playing i'll catch one of the local HS games. I'm not subjecting myself to Culpepper thank you.

Comment

Your boy Matty Stafford earned (or should have earned) brownie points with every football fan with what he did versus the Browns. He got cut in half and he willed himself back into the game. Downright impressive

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

The kid thinks he is bullet proof. I did too at 21. Much love to Stafford. ;o)

He deserves a nickname. Not sure how the rest of you feel but he also needs to drop the proper name and just be Matt.

Do we remember:
                Joseph Montana
                Steven Young
                Thomas Brady
                Jonathan Unitas
                Daniel Marino
                Joey Harrington (whoops)
                Heck no!

What are some solid nicknames for Mr. Matt Stafford Detroit??

Comment

the one-armed gunslinger
                  dr. stafford
                  curse breaker
                  f*** you millen
                  huey stafford and the good news lions
                  mr. miracle
                  m-jesus
                  hew-jesus
                  calvin's pitching machine
                  mr. 0 seconds
                  extra time
                  SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                  Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

optimus prime
                    [

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
                      The kid thinks he is bullet proof. I did too at 21. Much love to Stafford. ;o)

He deserves a nickname. Not sure how the rest of you feel but he also needs to drop the proper name and just be Matt.

Do we remember:
                      Joseph Montana
                      Steven Young
                      Thomas Brady
                      Jonathan Unitas
                      Daniel Marino
                      Joey Harrington (whoops)
                      Heck no!

What are some solid nicknames for Mr. Matt Stafford Detroit??
                      Ugh I remember someone calling a Lions game during the Harrington era saying something similar. Not entirely sure how serious he was, but he said he should go by "Joe" and change his number from 3 to 7 because you want 7 points, not 3.. or something like that.

Comment

• I'm almost pissed that Stafford and Calvin will miss Thanksgiving, they were really starting to get some chemistry going, and both were mighty impressive. It wasn't just the stat column, but Stafford toughing it out to come in and throwing the game winning TD to the other rookie had to get you excited about the future. I know it may not of been you guys, but for the fans who were giving Pettigrew and Stafford flack it was nice to see them end the game how they did, the future is very bright in Detroit.

Add some Lineman to give him protection and one more weapon, and I like where Detroit is headed. I just want to see Stafford get some continuity and really get his feet under him and hate that he has to miss a game.
                        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 11-24-2009, 12:02 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• yeah they deserve to be on the field for a sold out thanksgiving home game against a banged up (no al harris or kampman) packer team.

how awesome would it be if daunte started, and going into halftime the team was only down 21-14. then all of a sudden they start playing the rocky theme with stafford running out of the tunnel and have the entire stadium erupt. the home field advantage and momentum shift would be insane. it would be like the waterboy winning the bourbon bowl.

which would lead me to two new nicknames: rocky and waterboy
                          Last edited by Prowler; 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM. Reason: stafford
                          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• I gotta put this injury on the o-line, they were just standing there while the play was still going on, except for Goz and Smith. Those 2 guys at least tried to make a block.

Just when Stafford started to get comfortable with his injured leg and driving off it he gets injured again.

Can't wait till he comes back, he is what makes watching the lions bearable and somewhat exciting. If he doesn't play, i doubt i'll watch them on thursday.

Comment

• The one chance a year that everyone has a chance to see the Lions and our two best players likely aren't gonna play. Why do we always get screwed?? :(

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4685906

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Matthew Stafford sat at his locker, answering and dodging questions about his sore shoulder.

The Detroit Lions quarterback then took off his jersey and displayed a sense of humor.

*lifts left arm near his head*

"Look at that," Stafford joked.

He will have to do more than raise his dislocated left shoulder and throwing arm to get clearance for the Thanksgiving Day game against the Green Bay Packers.

"It's unlikely that he's going to play, but we'll see," Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said. "It's a deal if it gets better in a couple of days and it's not as painful, he'll be able to get out there."
                                sounds like there's a chance

also cool is stafford is going to be in the hall of fame lol
                                Stafford's jersey from Sunday was sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And the play might live on in league lore for years because Stafford was wired for sound by NFL Films during the game, making him one of 350-plus players who have done that since 1965. NFL Films president Steve Sabol called it the "most dramatic player wiring ever."
                                Last edited by Prowler; 11-24-2009, 06:32 PM.
                                Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information